or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade - Page 48

post #706 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post


Insert the circuit board into the main silver enclosure first, THEN slide the dark grey piece in over it. The LED's will be lined up perfect, and it's a piece of cake.

done, and your advice was spot on

 

thanks

post #707 of 1446

Likely get an RMA to send back and fix, if it is at fault.

post #708 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post

done, and your advice was spot on

thanks


Awesome!!!! If you don't do it that way, apparently it's an incredible pain in the ass.
post #709 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post


Awesome!!!! If you don't do it that way, apparently it's an incredible pain in the ass.

agreed, also it's much clearer where the five longer screws go!

post #710 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

So when are you getting a replacement? I understand their customer service is second to none. Whenever I asked questions via email the responses were amazingly swift.

I heard the same thing. Contacted their support group this morning and just waiting for a response.

post #711 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

I heard the same thing. Contacted their support group this morning and just waiting for a response.

I'm almost surprised that you haven't heard from them yet. Sometimes I've had emails to my questions returned within a few minutes. Perhaps they are arranging an RMA for you. I guess the Modi will be traveling with you for now.

post #712 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'm almost surprised that you haven't heard from them yet. Sometimes I've had emails to my questions returned within a few minutes. Perhaps they are arranging an RMA for you. I guess the Modi will be traveling with you for now.

Yup. Bringing it back home with me tonight so I have something for the weekend, although I'll be gone for most of it. Oh well. Probably going to take this opportunity to see what stand-alone DAC pairs well with the HD 800.

post #713 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Yup. Bringing it back home with me tonight so I have something for the weekend, although I'll be gone for most of it. Oh well. Probably going to take this opportunity to see what stand-alone DAC pairs well with the HD 800.

I see you have an XBA-3, how do you like it?

post #714 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I see you have an XBA-3, how do you like it?

Love it! I got it for $80 which was ridiculously cheap at the time. It's probably the most balanced out of all the pure balanced armature XBA models. Very neutral for an IEM. It makes me interested in hearing their hybrid line.

post #715 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Love it! I got it for $80 which was ridiculously cheap at the time. It's probably the most balanced out of all the pure balanced armature XBA models. Very neutral for an IEM. It makes me interested in hearing their hybrid line.

I got them when they first came out and paid much more and don't regret it at all. $80 is a super steal. They're a little bright but don't have any annoying resonant peaks and sound very nice. Wow a triple BA for $80, I'm ready to pass out. I bought mine over the counter at J&R in Manhattan. When I bought my HD600's there much later the same saleslady remembered me. Now she want's to sell me a pair of HD800's. Not so soon, I picked up a pair of HE-500's a few months ago. And as usaul after I buy something the price drops, although in this case not nearly as much as your goldmine. I don't think the Bifrost price is going to drop because of me - lol. The price is already uber good.

post #716 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I got them when they first came out and paid much more and don't regret it at all. $80 is a super steal. They're a little bright but don't have any annoying resonant peaks and sound very nice. Wow a triple BA for $80, I'm ready to pass out. I bought mine over the counter at J&R in Manhattan. When I bought my HD600's there much later the same saleslady remembered me. Now she want's to sell me a pair of HD800's. Not so soon, I picked up a pair of HE-500's a few months ago. And as usaul after I buy something the price drops, although in this case not nearly as much as your goldmine. I don't think the Bifrost price is going to drop because of me - lol. The price is already uber good.

I just looked up why I paid so little. It was through Best Buy and it was factory refurbished, not new. So that explains the price somewhat. Yeah, I remember specifically aiming for that IEM because I heard it was slightly bright, which I like.

post #717 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

I just looked up why I paid so little. It was through Best Buy and it was factory refurbished, not new. So that explains the price somewhat. Yeah, I remember specifically aiming for that IEM because I heard it was slightly bright, which I like.

They are 12 Ohms so by the 8X rule for damping ratio, they work best with an amp of 1.5 or less Ohms. That rules out many if not most smartphone from delivering the best bass to the XBA-3's They work relly well with an Asgard 2, but they look funny sitting next to it. If you use a cellphone to drive them, try it with your Asgard 2 and tell us how much better the bass is.


Edited by StanD - 2/28/14 at 2:55pm
post #718 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Alright, I'm not happy. Was listening to some music last night when the sound started cutting in and out. Through testing all equipment in my line, I found it was the Bifrost Uber that was doing it. Now, the sound is almost completely gone. I will start a song and at some point, it will cut in and out until the sound goes out completely. I've found turning it off and on doesn't work nor does switching between the different inputs. What will work is unplugging and re-plugging in the USB cable on the DAC will bring the sound back, but then it will go again after a little bit of time. I suppose I will have to use the Modi for the time being which is a real drag.

The DAC is three weeks old, so you can imagine I'm pretty disappointed right now. Anyone else experienced this?
That was the problem i was having but i only noticed it with Battlefield 4 or if i play a song in fubar2k via ASIO while i am streaming (or buffering) anime/movie. I think its an issue with ASIO. I know when I ran WASAPI, the same thing it would kill the sound in anything besides fubar.
post #719 of 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post


That was the problem i was having but i only noticed it with Battlefield 4 or if i play a song in fubar2k via ASIO while i am streaming (or buffering) anime/movie. I think its an issue with ASIO. I know when I ran WASAPI, the same thing it would kill the sound in anything besides fubar.

That's right. I remember you bringing up that issue before. Did it resolve itself or are you still getting the cutting in and out thing?

post #720 of 1446

I'm running my Bifrost using only Schiit's USB drivers with a small 11 inch touchscreen Windows 8.1 tablet. No glitches, works perfectly. You can't say this little notebook has any muscle either, it's got a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU + 2 MB cache and 4 GB of RAM.

I run Foobar2K and Google All Access Streaming by way of the player plugin to Chrome. This little piece of Schiit manages to drive my Bifrost.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade