It will be interesting to see how Yggdrasil will compare to other high-end DACs under 2000 or 2500. Maybe they'll release a Uber Yggdrasil!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bitfrost/Lyr vs Gungnir/Asgard with LCD-2's? Last post on 11/5/12 at 1:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost vs Gungnir Last post on 3/29/14 at 7:53pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Yesterday at 1:22 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Bifrost USB, Schiit Asgard Last post on 4/7/14 at 5:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Asgard, Schiit Bifrost USB Last post on 4/7/14 at 5:56am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 8826/12/13 at 2:32pm
Got my Uber back from Schiit today! Currently listening and the first thing I notice is better detail. Depth? May just be because I've been without the LCD-2s for a week. Literally just fired everything up so no burn in (from me) and the tubes aren't warmed up. Super excited though!post #288 of 8826/13/13 at 9:32am
Given that burn-in occurs due to electron flow on conductors.... the rabbit foot might not have much effect.post #289 of 8826/13/13 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AiDee
Also recorded, concerning Bifrost burn-in, was this: "Although it struck me as a fairly casual issue to Jason - he had to be asked after all - his answer on this point was that all units are burned in for 24 hours at the factory, and their amplifiers benefit from 50-100 hours after that. He suggested a similar period would apply to the Bifrost."
I leave my DAC always ON, unless I'm on vacation.post #290 of 8826/13/13 at 9:38ampost #291 of 8826/13/13 at 4:32pm
Analog board upgrade went smoothly, thanks to the instructions in this thread. Just had one stubborn screw that was close to stripping, but I got it out fine. 3 of the 4 black screws in the back didn't go back in very tight though - they seem to screw into plastic vs metal, so they don't grab well, though it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Sounds very good and well worth the $70.post #292 of 8826/13/13 at 4:40pm
Regarding burn-in, I believe Jason burns-in devices just to make sure they work correctly (defects that spring up), not so much of any performance-related issues.
And someone said it before me, suggesting a burn-in brings the consumer closer to the return-policy limit. ;)post #293 of 8826/14/13 at 7:25amQuote:
From the PDF, in the bottom small text:Quote:"We can say these are the highest-end products we expect to develop—there will be no “super statements” coming."post #294 of 8826/14/13 at 12:26pmpost #295 of 8826/14/13 at 1:24pm^ as well, their stated intention (going back two years or so, see HeroKid's schiit threads) was the statement gear would be 'end game' period, regardless of the cost of competing gear.
If they're still serious about that, there's no need to compare Yggdrasil with dacs that cost a mere $2500, we need to think much biggerpost #296 of 8826/14/13 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by AiDee
^ as well, their stated intention (going back two years or so, see HeroKid's schiit threads) was the statement gear would be 'end game' period, regardless of the cost of competing gear.
If they're still serious about that, there's no need to compare Yggdrasil with dacs that cost a mere $2500, we need to think much bigger
How much bigger is there?post #297 of 8826/14/13 at 6:08pmLike any product with a niche, specialist market, dacs reach insane prices, well above 10k. Which I think was Jason's point, IIRC...that the same quality levels could be reached much more cheaply.
Evidently there's a lot of innovative thought and design behind how Mike and Jason are achieving this though. These aren't merely the 'same' products built more cheaply.post #298 of 8826/14/13 at 6:37pm
$41Kpost #299 of 8826/14/13 at 6:45pmpost #300 of 8826/15/13 at 10:31am
- Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 14 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Pico Slim - Limited Edition with Lifetime Warranty/Battery 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 6 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob