Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade - Page 71

post #1051 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post


Don't understand. There's a small normal click when you press the input selection button. Is that what u mean?

 

I have been told by Schiit that the unit can make a small click everytime it "locks on" to a signal. Have never used one myself though so I am not sure.

post #1052 of 1139

My Bifrost clicks when a signal stops and clicks again when a signal is detected (via optical)

post #1053 of 1139
Yeah, it's just a single tiny click, then you hear music for the next million hours. Switch inputs and it makes a little click just like switching inputs on a preamp.
post #1054 of 1139

It's a mechanical mute. Perfectly normal and much safer than a firmware mute.

post #1055 of 1139

Yeah my only real worries are when using VoIP programs if it will click constantly even with music in the background.

post #1056 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post

Don't understand. There's a small normal click when you press the input selection button. Is that what u mean?

 

When the S/PDIF stream is unstable (constantly interrupting), Bifrost may be clicking (readjusting the clocks, etc) and some people find it distracting.

post #1057 of 1139

I personally love the clicking.  It reminds of a Parasound pre-amp I owned about 10 years ago, except it's a lot faster, and doesn't clip the first second off of a track.

post #1058 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post

When the S/PDIF stream is unstable (constantly interrupting), Bifrost may be clicking (readjusting the clocks, etc) and some people find it distracting.
Ok, thanks. Guess I've never experienced an unstable stream like that. Other than prostate related.
post #1059 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post


Ok, thanks. Guess I've never experienced an unstable stream like that. Other than prostate related.

 

Yeah, lol. Anyway, I consider it a source issue, not Bifrost's.

post #1060 of 1139

I've been thinking of upgrading my Bifrost's board to Uber specifications, but I wonder when the next upgrade will be released. It took two (or was it three?) years to release this upgrade, and it's already been one year since the Uber became available. Do you think I should continue to wait or suck up the fairly reasonable sum of $70 + shipping and order it?

post #1061 of 1139
Live for today!
post #1062 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billheiser View Post

Live for today!


Definitely order it.  There is not way to predict when, or if, an upgrade will happen.

post #1063 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix924S View Post
 

I've been thinking of upgrading my Bifrost's board to Uber specifications, but I wonder when the next upgrade will be released. It took two (or was it three?) years to release this upgrade, and it's already been one year since the Uber became available. Do you think I should continue to wait or suck up the fairly reasonable sum of $70 + shipping and order it?


Go for it, if not you be waiting forever for something that might not even happen.

post #1064 of 1139

Hi,

 

Just wondering if anybody could help, I have had the uber upgrade fitted for a while now and I have just fitted the USB Gen 2 upgrade today. When I go into playback devices / Shiit USB Audio Device / Advanced its does not show 24/176.4 but shows 16/176.4 ?. I am using Windows 8.1 if this helps at all.

 

 

Thanks in advance, Paul.

post #1065 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid7 View Post

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody could help, I have had the uber upgrade fitted for a while now and I have just fitted the USB Gen 2 upgrade today. When I go into playback devices / Shiit USB Audio Device / Advanced its does not show 24/176.4 but shows 16/176.4 ?. I am using Windows 8.1 if this helps at all.


Thanks in advance, Paul.
I would call up Schiit and ask them that. They have a great Technical Team.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade