I have signed myself up on Head-fi for quite a few years.
Never posted anything until today.
The reason why I do today, is because I can use some inputs from everyone on one very troubling question I've been asking myself for quite a few weeks. How can I justify myself for wanting to make an expensive headphone purchase?
To make my story short.
I am completing a milestone in my career and upon completion, I would like to buy myself a Sennheiser HD800.
My current setup are as below:
Headphones - Grado RS-2, Beyer DT990 Pro, Stax 2020, ER4, etc.
Amp - RSA Raptor
DAC - Lavry DA10
I am very happy with my current equipments. The reason for wanting to make this new purchase is to celebrate the completion of a milestone.
However, I just can't pull the trigger on it. Reasons are:
1. Very expensive price tag.
2. HD800 is a totally new breed of headphone in my equipment (Hence, amp/dac synergy should be considered).
3. Kind of low in space in my luggage (HD800 comes in a big box).
Reasons that make me consider buying it:
1. I like headphones with large soundstage and high definition, which HD 800 can provide.
2. Headphone fans will always have one more headphone they want to add to their collection and music appreciation options.
So, any feedback is welcomed. Feedbacks that can help me pull the trigger or otherwise.
Thank you all and have a nice weekend!!
Edited by cloudl - 4/26/13 at 10:42am