or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 605

post #9061 of 19490

X5 plus Pico Power is spectacular - much better than X5 on its own. Not small or cheap though.

post #9062 of 19490

Any users here of the X5 / E12 combo together with the Vsonic GR-07BE? Is it worth to add the E12?

post #9063 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post


I've found that gapless playback works beautifully with FLAC files, but MP3s generally perform badly, with conspicuous gaps between tracks. Can you try converting MP3 to FLAC and see if that fixes the issue?


Yes, I'll try that.   Thanks!

post #9064 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

X5 plus Pico Power is spectacular - much better than X5 on its own. Not small or cheap though.

X5 plus RSA Intruder was spectacular, then Pico Power. ;) It seems to me that any player I used plus Intruder always beat the player by itself, that included the DX90.

post #9065 of 19490
Are you supposed to use the line out when connecting to e12?
post #9066 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

X5 plus RSA Intruder was spectacular, then Pico Power. ;) It seems to me that any player I used plus Intruder always beat the player by itself, that included the DX90.

 

Ah, but balanced, right? Be honest.  :-)

 

Balanced won't work with IEMs like the Heaven VI. Recabling is not an option. 

post #9067 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansonsc56 View Post

Are you supposed to use the line out when connecting to e12?

Yes
post #9068 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

Ah, but balanced, right? Be honest.  :-)

 

Balanced won't work with IEMs like the Heaven VI. Recabling is not an option. 

I wish I could say balanced, but no, unbalanced is also that good, honest. :normal_smile : 

post #9069 of 19490

Does the Fiio leather case have cutouts for the volume control? Hoping it does.....

post #9070 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post
 

Does the Fiio leather case have cutouts for the volume control? Hoping it does.....


It does. The base of the case is made of a plastic mold.

post #9071 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post

Does the Fiio leather case have cutouts for the volume control? Hoping it does.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

It does. The base of the case is made of a plastic mold.

The plastic base does, and the fake leather outer casing has soft spots where the volume controls are which allows for volume adjustments while the case is fully closed. I quite like the case, actually.
post #9072 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post

Yes
Ok then. Big difference with line out. Listening to Jeff Becks Freeway Jam. Feels like I'm in side the drum kit :-).

Offer to sell e12 officially rescinded.
post #9073 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansonsc56 View Post

Ok then. Big difference with line out. Listening to Jeff Becks Freeway Jam. Feels like I'm in side the drum kit :-).

Offer to sell e12 officially rescinded.
I'm pleased with the E12 as it drives my HD650's just fine.
post #9074 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post
 

 

I like the HS9 case as it makes lockscreen 1 useable in the pocket.


Speaking of putting a DAP in the pocket, I'm very leary of that b/c for me it tends to cause the audio socket when connected to phones/iems to become unstable and cause loss of left or right sound. This occurs from the jostling around of the jack in the socket due to ordinary body movement, not necessarily from running or exercising. Perhaps the sockets are not built well enough to prevent this. I know that the present Sansa DAPs are not built very well, so I'm hoping someone here can offer feedback on the socket build quality of the X5.

This has happened twice  for me with my Sansa clip+ and Fuze. I'd much prefer a holster to hold the DAP and that's what I'm going to do when I receive my X5 next month.

post #9075 of 19490
No such problems with X3 and X5 as they are both solidly built with good quality ports.

Swyped from my Gpad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread