or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 595

post #8911 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

Out of curiosity, why not with foobar?

I have only recently started using foobar, and had dbpoweramp installed way longer.
post #8912 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post


Out of curiosity, why not with foobar?


I've used both and dbpoweramp is vastly superior. IMO. Though JRiver is superior to both. I prefer to pay for something and get a great experience which is what you get with dbpoweramp and Jriver

post #8913 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post


I've used both and dbpoweramp is vastly superior. IMO.

I don't care about any super duper features. But, from purely ripping perspective could you please elaborate why foobar is inferior? I want to be sure that my rips are 100% perfect; if you are able to convice me that dbpoweramp is doing something better in ripping than I will re-rip my music.
post #8914 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

I don't care about any super duper features. But, from purely ripping perspective could you please elaborate why foobar is inferior? I want to be sure that my rips are 100% perfect; if you are able to convice me that dbpoweramp is doing something better in ripping than I will re-rip my music.

For ripping i suggest using EAC (exact audio copy)
post #8915 of 19490

Having lots of fun with the X5 however the number of missed phone calls on my cell phone (Lumia 820) increase every day. Just wondering whether there is some sort of adapter to combine both devices to enable taking Phone calls. (Sorry for derailing)

post #8916 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post
 

Having lots of fun with the X5 however the number of missed phone calls on my cell phone (Lumia 820) increase every day. Just wondering whether there is some sort of adapter to combine both devices to enable taking Phone calls. (Sorry for derailing)


Put the phone on vibrate...

post #8917 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post
 

Having lots of fun with the X5 however the number of missed phone calls on my cell phone (Lumia 820) increase every day. Just wondering whether there is some sort of adapter to combine both devices to enable taking Phone calls. (Sorry for derailing)

haha i hold my phone more often now :P

post #8918 of 19490

For anyone still looking for somewhere to buy the X5, just got a notification email from Headroom that it is back in stock.

post #8919 of 19490

I just wanted to say "thanks" to CH23 and cooperpwc for their mods of FW 2.  They are nice improvements on this end!

post #8920 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post
 


Put the phone on vibrate...

 

I should have mentioned that most of the time I use the X5 I'm riding my bikes using a phone bag 

 

 

 

It is a perfect fit for the X5/E12 stack. Just a single cable running out of the bag, but when I see an incomming call I'm not abel to answer it in time so looking for an efficient solution now

post #8921 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post
 

haha i hold my phone more often now :P

 

Not the safest way to ride my bike though :rolleyes:

post #8922 of 19490

Now listening to the new album "Natalie Merchant" by Natalie Merchant. Truly stunned by the natural way vocals, strings and bass sound in 'Giving Up Everything' (24/88.2). Great job FiiO!!

post #8923 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post
 

Now listening to the new album "Natalie Merchant" by Natalie Merchant. Truly stunned by the natural way vocals, strings and bass sound in 'Giving Up Everything' (24/88.2). Great job FiiO!!


You should get Natalie Merchant - Live in Concert if you don't have it yet.  Excellent recording and, IMO, sounds much better than studio versions.

post #8924 of 19490

I just received a HS6 kit from miccastore.com.  It is not listed on their website and you can add it as an option only when buying the X5.  I've already had the X5 so I asked them if they could sell to me just the HS 6 kit.  They told me to buy the 8 of the $1 Special order payment units.  I did it and they shipped this kit to me the next day.  If anyone is interested in getting the kit from FIIO US dealers just contact them.

post #8925 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess70 View Post
 


You should get Natalie Merchant - Live in Concert if you don't have it yet.  Excellent recording and, IMO, sounds much better than studio versions.

 

Haven't got that one yet, only studio recordings. will get the live CD. $10 on Amazon but no SACD?

 

Thanks for the heads up!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread