or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 576

post #8626 of 19479

I listen at a volume level of between 45 and 65 on high gain, and it's more than enough volume for me. Definitely sounds like it might be a bad unit.

post #8627 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age8E View Post
 

I listen at a volume level of between 45 and 65 on high gain, and it's more than enough volume for me. Definitely sounds like it might be a bad unit.

Do you use the EQ or the balance control? The EQ alone might lower the volume by 10 points (actually, 6 dB, but I don't know how many volume point that represents).

post #8628 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post
 

Do you use the EQ or the balance control? The EQ alone might lower the volume by 10 points (actually, 6 dB, but I don't know how many volume point that represents).

 

Nope, I leave those flat. What changes in sound I'm looking for are provided by the headphones I use.

post #8629 of 19479

I need somewhere between 55-70 on low gain on my iems on the X5.

post #8630 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFir3 View Post
 

I need somewhere between 55-70 on low gain on my iems on the X5.

Flat EQ or custom?

post #8631 of 19479

flat EQ

post #8632 of 19479

Yeah, 55-70 me too on Flat EQ. Westone W40s.

post #8633 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post

Just upgraded my X5 the firmware to v2.0.
I found the Equalizer is not working. Is it a known bug?
Tx!

Yes, does not always.

It does not works for high res files ( sampling rate larger that 44.1khz).

It works for files with 44.1 KHz sampling rate and lower, but be aware that the volume is decreased 6db to prevent clipping

post #8634 of 19479
Many people need a volume of 60-70 with flat EQ using IEMs. Looks like the volume level is relatively low for a player such as the X5, or there are important volume level differences among IEMs. Or, the X5 are not all equal on this aspect, and some people get more powerful units (very unlikely).

The volume my X5 can reach is enough for IEMs and 80-32 Ohms headphones. I had this idea of the X5 being a very powerful player, but it looks like it is a moderate power DAP (even more so if using EQ).

Unless I really have a defective unit, the X5 appears not to be a suitable player for medium to high demanding headphones, such as the Beyers DT 990 250 Ohms, if it's not being helped by an external amplifier...
post #8635 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


To edit the theme, or in my case, the home menu scrolling direction. As long as you know what you're editing, you'll be fine.



I remember someone else wanting it to scroll in the same direction as the scrollwheel.

Here's fw v2.0 with the scrolling changed to your liking:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q87ai34ai0de5vj/x5.fw

Thanks, this works great, I used your FW and it immediately feels better than the original. Well done:beerchug: .

now I have to keep patching every new FW until (if ever) it is implemented by FIIO as a standard option.

post #8636 of 19479
Under normal EQ, low gain:

PS1000 volume at 60 is perfect
GR10 (in ear) around 35
post #8637 of 19479
35 to 40 on low gain with Shure E500PTH
post #8638 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

Under normal EQ, low gain:

PS1000 volume at 60 is perfect
GR10 (in ear) around 35

35 with low gain? Those must be very sensitive IEMs or you enjoy a lower volume listening level. I know we are all different, but still I am surprised of the wide range of possible hearing levels.

post #8639 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post
 

 

60 is only half volume, though. For midway around the dial to be a comfortable listening level seems pretty average to me for DAPs.

post #8640 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post

35 with low gain? Those must be very sensitive IEMs or you enjoy a lower volume listening level. I know we are all different, but still I am surprised of the wide range of possible hearing levels.

they are quite sensitive, if there's even the slightest hiss, i'll hear it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread