or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 19481

sounds sexy... can't wait for specs to be released!

post #782 of 19481

hopefully if it is not too late in development, Fiio can hopefully consider using the new sabre chip (ESS0018KM i think).wink_face.gif here's hoping.

post #783 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post

hopefully if it is not too late in development, Fiio can hopefully consider using the new sabre chip (ESS0018KM i think).wink_face.gif here's hoping.

 

that's a lot of hoping though hehe..they are set on the DAC chip..anyway they will use that chip on their DAC product..was it E19?
post #784 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post

hopefully if it is not too late in development, Fiio can hopefully consider using the new sabre chip (ESS0018KM i think).wink_face.gif here's hoping.

 

don't expect that ES9018m sounds as the same as the ES9018, it is a mobile version and the specification is noticeable lower than ES9018. 

post #785 of 19481
Hi James, possible to release a thinner version without the amp section for ppl who like to bundle different amps? Not sure if it makes perfect business sense tho....
post #786 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post

Please have a S/PDiF input; please have a S/PDiF INPUT; PLEASE! 

 

If it would be on par in quality with the E17 or greater (I am guessing and hoping for the latter), that would make it the ultimate portable music device ever conceived!  I'd certainly be able to pitch it to more people!  I love sharing high fidelity stuff with others but it's usually either that slight step below what's necessary to make it to the masses or it doesn't make practical sense for the people who don't understand/who really don't care about the quality benefits (usually people who listen to crap music anyway, but still).  The E17, despite its flaws, is currently my favorite toy in my portable box of audio stuff - as well as actually quite useful in many situations for what I do.  If this thing can serve its basic function, the presently conceivable audio universe would BELONG TO IT!  This MUST be possible - and wouldn't it be worth it?

 

PS- OLED screen would be nice too XD.  Cowon does it.  I'm not sure what's involved but it doesn't seem unreasonable just from knowing that fact, but that's trivial compared to the first thing; just thought I should mention it.


Does no-one share my sentiment?  Lol, I never get this excited about anything or even begin to start trying to make any constructive criticisms/ideas unless I think something is REALLLY close and is otherwise overall just great.  I'm curious to hear if people can see use for these suggestions, if not even for themselves (as would actually be the point, as to be objective).


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/12/13 at 12:35pm
post #787 of 19481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post


Does no-one share my sentiment?  Lol, I never get this excited about anything or even begin to start trying to make any constructive criticisms/ideas unless I think something is REALLLY close and is otherwise overall just great.  I'm curious to hear if people can see use for these suggestions, if not even for themselves (as would actually be the point, as to be objective).

I don't think X5 will have a SPDIF input (please read 1st post, which indicates all inputs and outpts per James Fiio).

I like to have a MOG or Spotify app, but doubt it would be on X5. MOG can only run on Windows/PC, Android, iOS/Mac and possibly Linux, last time I checked. X5 is not using any of the above as operating system. And MOG/Spotify works best with wifi, which X5 does not have either.

Many Headfi'ers here may want an pure, powerful and excellent-sounding music player, instead of a decent-sounding smartphone that they already have (most of which can run MOG/Spotify adequately).
post #788 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post


Does no-one share my sentiment?  Lol, I never get this excited about anything or even begin to start trying to make any constructive criticisms/ideas unless I think something is REALLLY close and is otherwise overall just great.  I'm curious to hear if people can see use for these suggestions, if not even for themselves (as would actually be the point, as to be objective).

 

You probably want a Walkman...

post #789 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

 

If they can, they would have done it by now, or they will when they want to.

 

If you actually read the first post carefully, it says engineering sample is expected October (but this is the earliest possible scenario imo), so expecting photos now is nonsense.


They must have a simple concept drawing of the products layout.  Might share some characteristics to the final production version. 

post #790 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post


I don't think X5 will have a SPDIF input (please read 1st post, which indicates all inputs and outpts per James Fiio).

I like to have a MOG or Spotify app, but doubt it would be on X5. MOG can only run on Windows/PC, Android, iOS/Mac and possibly Linux, last time I checked. X5 is not using any of the above as operating system. And MOG/Spotify works best with wifi, which X5 does not have either.

Many Headfi'ers here may want an pure, powerful and excellent-sounding music player, instead of a decent-sounding smartphone that they already have (most of which can run MOG/Spotify adequately).

Obviously.. it doesn't have a S/PDiF input....... You even added, "please read first post".  What kind of interpretation IS that of what was said?  I'm not so sure that what I wrote is so mentally challenging.  I'm sorry, but there's no way to reply now without an equivocal level of snideness and slight condescension.  I suggest we leave this bit of business here. 

 

I know the input isn't there; that's why I suggested it.  To be able to use it as a DAC/Amp through S/PDiF would make a player which precisely ISN'T a smartphone, which is precisely NOT what I'm saying it should be, into something slightly more than just another PMP in this day and age.  So in other words, if you wanted to play music off somewhere else or watch a movie, or anything, you can connect this thing which would give more incentive to actually have it around as a dedicated music player, considering the fact that yes, there are INDEED smartphones everywhere.  No matter how great, I think it would be hard to convince people to get a dedicated music player at this point in time, even myself, since I could just get the E18, that which would cover the audio department for me entirely.  The S/PDiF-in would change that; at least it would for me.  In any case, it gives more incentive.

 

In terms of Spotify, I guess you're right.  Maybe FiiO could make some little, separate device, which takes the USB out from Android and turns it into a digital coaxial signal, if that's possible.  I'm not sure what I was thinking with the Spotify bit, as that is kind of a stretch.  Not sure why make reasons why that wouldn't be cool if it were to magically happen otherwise, but yeah, nevermind that.  I'll change the line where I briefly mention that..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

You probably want a Walkman...


I.. don't even know what to say to that without an insult.


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/12/13 at 1:00pm
post #791 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarr112281 View Post

 

The DAC was specified on the first page of this thread; apparently, it's the PCM1792. The post also states that Fiio aims to begin production at year's end, so it seems unlikely the X5 will be widely available until summer 2014.

 

~Brian

Summer 2014? I thought James said if it wasn't on the market by the end of 2013 he would do a naked run down the street? Why the long delay? 

post #792 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

Summer 2014? I thought James said if it wasn't on the market by the end of 2013 he would do a naked run down the street? Why the long delay? 


It will be in the Chinese/Japanese market I believe then it won't hit US/European till summer 2014?

post #793 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

Summer 2014? I thought James said if it wasn't on the market by the end of 2013 he would do a naked run down the street? Why the long delay? 

On the brighter side though - seeing him/her do it will be quite amusing...

post #794 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chavez View Post


It will be in the Chinese/Japanese market I believe then it won't hit US/European till summer 2014?

Very long delay, if they can bring it out to the chinese market at the end of 2013, then why do the rest of us have to wait so long? 

post #795 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

On the brighter side though - seeing him/her do it will be quite amusing...

Well at least that's some consolation. bigsmile_face.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread