- 4,230 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB (7th Generation)tagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- brandFiiOtagged by shaun_g, 6/30/15
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by Joe Bloggs, 4/12/14
- brandLotootagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
- productLotoo Paw 5000tagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 10/6/15 at 7:28am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread Last post on 4/17/17 at 9:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... Last post on 11/29/16 at 11:25am in Portable Source Gear
- The Fiio X3 Thread. Last post on 4/18/17 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: LOTOO PAW 5000 - A very versatile portable player Last post on 1/8/16 at 6:30am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 518
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Support for spotlight, the trashcan, and "resource forks" - extra meta data that not all filing systems can cope with natively.
All operating systems do this to one extent or another. Luckily, you've go an easy fix with Eject For Windows!
Ah, I see. Thanks.
After having the X5 for a few days now - I am still getting used to all the oddities and niceties. It still impresses so far . . .
One annoying topic is the folder view navigation:
Due to the known media file size limit of 5800 titles (I have close 7000) - I use mostly folder view to navigate my music. What is most frustrating on the X5 is when I am listening to a certain song in a folder- turn the device off, and next time I turn it back on - it shows "Now Playing" option in the menu - when I click "ok" -I am now in the media library at the beginning - and i have to back out and open folder view again and navigate from root to the correct folder.
There should be an option under settings to default to "folder view" or "Media Library" view on startup - even better, to remember last song played (from either view) on startup.
Vote for bug 101 if you agree: https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=101
I completely agree; this is a major annoyance with the X5. It also seems like a big waste of system memory/resources to have a default background display of every song in every folder when it is not being used.
Where as my X5 struggles to keep up using the HD598.
Then again it could just be me...
OSX always leaves hidden files on the CF card or USB sticks I put music on, for my vehicles.
They become visible when I view them on my PCs.
In that case, I should add music using my PC for the X5 (when I get it).
I wanted to test both the Fiio X5 and the E17 as a USB DAC with the Note 3 (latest firmware - 4.4.2)
X5 running v 1.23Beta firmware.
Unfortunately, the E17 works, the X5 doesn't - it tries to start as USB DAC - but keeps flipping back and forth between DAC and player - especially when playing a song. The X5 shows it is in DAC mode - then I try and start a song on the Note 3 - I hear a second or two - then the player stops - and the X5 toggles away from DAC mode. On the E17 - works beautifully (major improvement on stock Note 3 sound).
Anyone else see this issue before I file a bug??
I have added to the bug list for the x5 the following (Bugzilla)
selecting the artist category should allow all tracks to be chosen as well as individual albums
I would like to be able to select an artist and then play all the available tracks as opposed to individual albums which i also want - so i have a choice of playing all the tracks or selecting one album from the list. Hope this makes sense!
I have also voted for
replay gain support
playlist (m3u) support
It is interesting what people are asking for!
Edited by magicalmouse - 4/27/14 at 10:28am
Except it doesn't. The tested output is 276mW into 32ohm. Which is more than all most but not 750mW ;)
Edited by Solude - 4/27/14 at 12:25pm
@Zorrofox: There's been plenty of discussion of about the X5 and OS X.
The PRO is that USB DAC function is completely plug n play - no extra drivers required.
The CON is that OS X leaves hidden files on your mSD card, which the X5 will make visible and try to scan as media files. Using a free utility like "Eject For Windows" removes the hidden files and then ejects the card in one step, so this CON is easily mitigated.
Ubuntu Linux also leaves some hidden files/folders on the msd cards, but usually only when you have deleted items and the OS creates a trash folder. I just choose to display hidden files in Ubuntu and then delete the hidden files before putting the card back in the X5. I've done this on multiple occasions with no issues. When the hidden files show up on the X5 they're more of an annoyance than a serious problem - I just don't like to see them in the folder list.
Edited by Canaudio - 4/27/14 at 11:56am
Really? That is very disappointing. By publishing this incorrect spec, FIIO is enticing people to buy the X5 on the assumption that it does have all the power needed. Do you happen to know the true spec on the E12? Why should I believe the published one?
- The Fiio X5 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying my first IEMs (VSONIC GR07be/classic vs RHA MA750i vs... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear