or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 517

post #7741 of 19479

Received mine today, I have a little problem about charging. According to the manual, the X5 will take about 5 hr for the first charge but my X5 was fully charged after 2 hr.

Is it a serious problem? or it just normal.

 

PS. I use iphone adapter with 5V 1A (is it okay to used 1A which is lower than the recommended current)

post #7742 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfox View Post

Sorry for the delayed reponse - on Holiday right now - not checking the forums as much!  To answer your question, I have NOT yet had the opportunity to try the X5 as a USB DAC - so I can't compare it to the E17 yet - but I plan to do such when I get back home.  I am confident the X5 should be as good if not better than the E17 as a DAC - they may have different sound signatures though.

Cheers,
R.Fox

Thanks,
I look forward to reading your comments.
post #7743 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Common guys, is there a way to disable that long press volume key skipping tracks?
It annoys the hell out of me!
Totally agree and suppor this post. It is out of logic to press volume buttons but switch tracks instead, especially when player is in the pocket.
Edited by Kroppand - 4/27/14 at 7:23am
post #7744 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroppand View Post

Totally agree and suppor this post. It is out of logic to press volume buttons but switch tracks instead, especially when player is in the pocket.
Thanks Kroppand, lets get Fiio to change that hopefully and also add ff and rw to the lock screen👍
post #7745 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Thanks Kroppand, lets get Fiio to change that hopefully and also add ff and rw to the lock screen👍
Actually James has already replied about that matter and knows it well. He said that was a request from some scope if people to assign tracks switching to volume buttons. But for me it looks quite straightforward - volume buttons for volume, track navigation ones must be assigned for own purpose.
post #7746 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroppand View Post

Actually James has already replied about that matter and knows it well. He said that was a request from some scope if people to assign tracks switching to volume buttons. But for me it looks quite straightforward - volume buttons for volume, track navigation ones must be assigned for own purpose.
Absolutelly! Its kind a convenient in a way reaching and getting to these top buttons rather than trying to get to the bottom in a bag or a pocket, but its just unajustable brain wise for me,will always be treating them as volume keys.
But even worse is the fact you cant rw ff in lock screen at the mo.
That needs to be adjusted.
Please..
post #7747 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post


Absolutelly! Its kind a convenient in a way reaching and getting to these top buttons rather than trying to get to the bottom in a bag or a pocket, but its just unajustable brain wise for me,will always be treating them as volume keys.
But even worse is the fact you cant rw ff in lock screen at the mo.
That needs to be adjusted.
Please..


it still works as a volume button. You just have to not hold it, but rather press it quickly multiple times to get the desired volume adjustment. I think in lockscreen 1, it makes great sense, when the whole front control panel is disabled, but not so much in lockscreen 2 where you actually have other buttons responsible for skipping tracks.

post #7748 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

I'm thinking about getting the E12 + HS6 kit, but i want to know if it's really that big a difference. I listen exclusively with Grado GR10 IEMs and Grado PS1000's.
I'm surprised noone else voted on this?


I have no problem with the icon rotation direction, it feels intuitive to me, but I'm bugged by the sometimes laggy performance of the wheel,  when I move the wheel and I can feel it rotating over the detents, but it takes a while to start moving on screen.   I'm also having occasional music skipping problems with 24 bit Flac files.  This is with1.23 Beta.

post #7749 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3ucTop View Post


it still works as a volume button. You just have to not hold it, but rather press it quickly multiple times to get the desired volume adjustment. I think in lockscreen 1, it makes great sense, when the whole front control panel is disabled, but not so much in lockscreen 2 where you actually have other buttons responsible for skipping tracks.
I agree.we should have the option.
And again, rewinding and ff is priority imo.
post #7750 of 19479

I'm comparing E17/X5 as DAC side by side now as I type this message. The X5 is definitely more organic! The more defined/detailed texture of the toms and the bass guitar is very noticeable as if you're there with the musicians. I am using beyer DT1350 as I compare the two and Guthrie Govan's Wonderful Slippery Thing as the main song. God I love the sound coming out of the headphone out of the X5. It spooks me sometimes because of how good it is. :|


Edited by autoexec - 4/27/14 at 8:52am
post #7751 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


Thanks,
I look forward to reading your comments.


Faster than i thought - I found a cable which works with my E17 - so I'm able to compare now:

 

Using the same source (netbook running Ubuntu) and same music - I have compared the X5 vs the E17 as USB DACs.  Firstly, both work without special drivers under Linux -  iwas testing with my Bose QuietComfort 15s.

 

Now on to the sound impressions:

 

Both are excellent as DACs - the X5 has a bit of a wider soundstage.  Both are very detailed, precise and clean - and MUCH better than the netbook internal soundcard (to be expected).  The E17 has a slight advantage due to the added treble and bass adjustment capability - which gives more flexibility for those of us who like to add bass or highs - and adjust to their liking.  That's all I am missing on the X5 - sound wise.

 

I will keep my E17+E09K combination for my desktop setup - because it is awesome together with active studio monitors (in my case 2 x Adam A5X plus the Adam 7 Subwoofer - to make an incredible 2.1 sounds system for the PC.

 

Bottom line, you wouldn't go wrong with either as a USB DAC - but you could always use the E17 as an added amplifier boost for the E17 (as opposed to the E12 - amplifier only) - but the X5 holds its own as a DAC.

 

Hope this helps :dt880smile: - Cheers,

R.Fox

post #7752 of 19479

After having the X5 for a few days now - I am still getting used to all the oddities and niceties. It still impresses so far . . .

 

One annoying topic is the folder view navigation:

 

Due to the known media file size limit of 5800 titles (I have close 7000) - I use mostly folder view to navigate my music.   What is most fustrating on the X5 is when I am listening to a certain song in a folder- turn the device off, and next time I turn it back on - it shows "Now Playing" option in the menu - when I click "ok" -I am now in the media lbrary at the beginning - and i have to back out and open folder view again and navigate from root to the correct folder.

There should be an option under settings to default to "folder view" or "Media Library" view on startup - even better, to remember last song played (from either view) on startup.

 

Vote for bug 101 if you agree:  https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=101

 

Thx,

R.Fox

post #7753 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfox View Post

There should be an option under settings to default to "folder view" or "Media Library" view on startup - even better, to remember last song played (from either view) on startup.

Vote for bug 101 if you agree:  https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=101

+1

People wanted this for the X3, too - but couldn't get any traction and there were more pressing bugs to fix. Once i receive my X5, I'll review the bug list and strongly consider voting for this.
post #7754 of 19479
@Zorrofox: There's been plenty of discussion of about the X5 and OS X.

The PRO is that USB DAC function is completely plug n play - no extra drivers required.

The CON is that OS X leaves hidden files on your mSD card, which the X5 will make visible and try to scan as media files. Using a free utility like "Eject For Windows" removes the hidden files and then ejects the card in one step, so this CON is easily mitigated.
post #7755 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

I was checking in on the X3 thread and quite a few people are commenting on a big improvement in sound with the new beta software. I'm curious if Fiio is planning a sound improvement with FW2.0 on the X5.

Yup, the X3 definitely sounds better. I know there were some people on this thread who had the X3. If you still have it, can you ease load the new 2.14b firmware and compare with X5 running 1.27b. Sounds like it'd make an interesting comparison. I'd do it, but my X5 is still with MP4 Nation. At least it's changed from pre-order to processing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread