or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 498

post #7456 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

I am in the same boat as I ordered mine from Amazon on 12th April, my account has said it is Preparing for Dispatch for the last week.

 

I do know that AVShop sell on eBay UK and there was a notice on there saying they were away until 22nd, I have just looked and its now been removed.

 

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns up later this week.

 

Please keep us in touch with your order.

 

Regards

Jim

and..... I just received it.

 

I have to bite the bullet here and retract on everything I previously said about AVShop - package confirms they shipped it on Thursday from Uppsala/Sweden (and not Norway), and I got it on my hand after 2 holidays and a weekend in the middle... good service.

post #7457 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ta View Post

and..... I just received it.

I have to bite the bullet here and retract on everything I previously said about AVShop - package confirms they shipped it on Thursday from Uppsala/Sweden (and not Norway), and I got it on my hand after 2 holidays and a weekend in the middle... good service.

Yeah, they came through for me just when I was wondering. Look forward to first impressions.
post #7458 of 19490
Where are people buying the HS6 in the US, I can't find it for sale anywhere.
post #7459 of 19490
That's great news, I recived mine today, and wow it's huge...smily_headphones1.gif
Well compared to my x3.
post #7460 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

No, it just means that no EQ setting on the X5 can go louder than the unEQed Normal setting...

As you discovered, you could max all the sliders on the Custom EQ to match the Normal setting in both loudness and (unaltered) tonality. You can still EQ however you like after this; if you want a bass boost you bring down all the sliders to the right, for example. Then you turn up the volume...

I don't see what people are fussing about. This is how we should be Eq-ing. You want to set all sliders to 0dB and then subtract to get the desired sound profile. If you started at 0dB and added, you'd introduce clipping.
post #7461 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by subver View Post
 

Wait is there somewhere I can order the HS6 bundle kit that will ship to the US without crazy shipping charges? Or better yet, within the US?

I don't know whether the head-fi TOS permits it (my apologies in advance if it doesn't), but Aliexpress has a vendor offering it.  Aliexpress is hit-or-miss, but reasonably safe.  The worst that happens is your order never ships and your money is refunded.  The one I ordered is $23 US with free shipping, and 2 weeks projected delivery.

 

Honestly, I'm very happy with my solution of using small velcro tabs.  I put my X5 and E12 in the carrying case for my Bose QC15s -- this is my kit for when I fly -- and if the X5 an E12 are already stacked, they won't fit.  The velcro lets me assemble the stack instantly and is very secure.  The main reason I ordered the HS6 was to get the interconnect cable. :)


Edited by ptravel - 4/22/14 at 10:25am
post #7462 of 19490

Does standalone DAC functionality work for Windows only? No Android or iPad support? (I'm sure that this question was asked here before, but the whole thread is enormous).

post #7463 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post
 

Does standalone DAC functionality work for Windows only? No Android or iPad support? (I'm sure that this question was asked here before, but the whole thread is enormous).

I could use the X5 as a dac for my Nexus 5 with UsbAudioPlayer during my turn of the tour. 

post #7464 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

I could use the X5 as a dac for my Nexus 5 with UsbAudioPlayer during my turn of the tour. 

Cool! Does UsbAudioPlayer has good usability now?

post #7465 of 19490

Tempted to order that HS6 from AliExpress but It says it could deliver in 2-4 weeks... I wonder if US vendors will have it before then?

post #7466 of 19490
For anyone interested there was 2 x5s in classifoeds recently, including mine shipped for 335 in USA. (Purchased from micca store, authorized dealers)
post #7467 of 19490
I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.
post #7468 of 19490

Yes the microSD card are locking OK without rubber covers when you push them in. I have Transcend card.

post #7469 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_S View Post

I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.

Locking ok here with SanDisks.

post #7470 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_S View Post

I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.

I can't push them in with my finger, I need to use a key or something to lock them in, it's too far for my finger to push

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread