or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 479

post #7171 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post
 


My recommendation? Go easy on the caffeine, lol. It's a wonderful remedy for impatience.

Not bad advice haha. I only have an 8GB card right now, though.. totally not enough space for me right now!

post #7172 of 19481

The 5800 file limit is still not being worked on according to their Bugzilla page. I wish we'd get an answer to that soon, I have 30 days to return this thing if not fixed.

post #7173 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age8E View Post
 

 

The volume level isn't specific to any file type; it comes from the source. There is a feature called ReplayGain that can adjust the volume level of a group of tracks to the same level, either by applying a permanent volume change to the files, or by including a meta tag in the file that tells a compatible DAP how to adjust each file on the fly, without modifying the original recording. Some of us are petitioning FiiO to include support for this tag in a future firmware update; it's listed on their Bugzilla page as an enhancement request.

Hi

I logged my vote earlier today at that time there was only 15 votes so that got me wondering if there was another work around with what I've experienced I would have thought more people would want this fix? 

 

Arcright 

post #7174 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
 

The 5800 file limit is still not being worked on according to their Bugzilla page. I wish we'd get an answer to that soon, I have 30 days to return this thing if not fixed.

Oh wow I hadn't heard this... assuming they are all FLAC files that is only about one 128gb card or so (very rough calculation)

post #7175 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright00 View Post
 

Hi

I logged my vote earlier today at that time there was only 15 votes so that got me wondering if there was another work around with what I've experienced I would have thought more people would want this fix? 

 

Arcright 

 

15 votes is among the highest vote totals on that page. Seems to me that people want it.

 

You can apply ReplayGain levels permanently to your files, but then there's no way to undo the changes, and you no longer have an exact copy of the original source. That's why most of us would prefer support for the tag, but it is a workaround if you don't want to wait.

post #7176 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age8E View Post

15 votes is among the highest vote totals on that page. Seems to me that people want it.

You can apply ReplayGain levels permanently to your files, but then there's no way to undo the changes, and you no longer have an exact copy of the original source. That's why most of us would prefer support for the tag, but it is a workaround if you don't want to wait.

Is there any native software to do this on a Mac, or would I need to fool around with WINE + Foobar2k?
post #7177 of 19481

It would be really cool to have a leather case for the x5 that would flip open to reveal the buttons and the wheel. It would have a cut out for the screen so you can see the screen when its shut. Then when you flip it open there would be a pouch for extra micro sd cards on the inside of the cover. Maybe even have a clip on the back to connect to a belt. This would be the ultimate x5 case IMO.

post #7178 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age8E View Post
 

 

15 votes is among the highest vote totals on that page. Seems to me that people want it.

 

You can apply ReplayGain levels permanently to your files, but then there's no way to undo the changes, and you no longer have an exact copy of the original source. That's why most of us would prefer support for the tag, but it is a workaround if you don't want to wait.

I would be interested in the software to do the permanent fix,  I only have a small library so I could  simple save a second copy. 

 

Arcright 

post #7179 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright00 View Post

I would be interested in the software to do the permanent fix,  I only have a small library so I could  simple save a second copy. 

Arcright 

Can we just process the files directly on the card?
post #7180 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by subver View Post
 

Ah nice - anywhere to preorder in the US?

If not, do they ship to the US? It doesn't say.. Or would I get it faster if I wait for a US retailer?

I've pre-ordered one from B&H Photo, but not sure when it will ship.  That said, I am in no hurry, I'm waiting for more reviews on the X5 vs. DX90.  I figure if the pre-order does not ship for a week (or 2 or 3) I can always cancel with B&H if I change my mind and get the DX90.

post #7181 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBlues View Post
 

I've pre-ordered one from B&H Photo, but not sure when it will ship.  That said, I am in no hurry, I'm waiting for more reviews on the X5 vs. DX90.  I figure if the pre-order does not ship for a week (or 2 or 3) I can always cancel with B&H if I change my mind and get the DX90.

I'm talking about the HS6 bundle for X5 and E12 - I've already got my X5 and am in love with it :)

post #7182 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBlues View Post
 

I've pre-ordered one from B&H Photo, but not sure when it will ship.  That said, I am in no hurry, I'm waiting for more reviews on the X5 vs. DX90.  I figure if the pre-order does not ship for a week (or 2 or 3) I can always cancel with B&H if I change my mind and get the DX90.


I don't see the HS6 available for preorder on B&H's website, do you have a link? Or where you talking about preordering the X5 because I think Subver was talking about the HS6 bundle.

post #7183 of 19481

So I got my X5 today, along with the DX90.

 

Big upgrade over the X3 in everyway, but what's with the wheel? It's so loose, it rattles back and forth. Is this normal? Feels very flimsy, but functions fine (only small delays).

post #7184 of 19481

Hi guys

 

Can anybody confirm whether the X5 can handle external hard drives via USB OTG?

 

A search brings up a few people having problems but can't find a definitive statement.

post #7185 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

So I got my X5 today, along with the DX90.

 

Big upgrade over the X3 in everyway, but what's with the wheel? It's so loose, it rattles back and forth. Is this normal? Feels very flimsy, but functions fine (only small delays).

 

James assures us that the wheel is fine and I haven't had any problems with mine so I'm going to believe him! Also, have you tried FW 1.23beta yet? It improves the UI responsiveness and eliminates the "laggy" wheel issue.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread