or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 462

post #6916 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, X5 has new database and new media library . but we will implete it in X3 in the coming soon with new " Metro style " GUI.

Any beta available for the X3? I will be happy to test and report.
Cheers
post #6917 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

Seems MP4nation hasn't learnt anything from 4 years ago when the S-flo:2 or T51 was out.. not enough of the actual number of pre-order units sourced, then delays and delays for delivery.  Like 2 weeks or so was just the beginning.  They attract buyers by doing 5% or more discounts (or add small bonus items) so they certainly get enough pre-orders first, but after that was just poorly done.

Then the buyers who paid started to voice out on MP4's forums about their lack in proper service, I saw many of those posts just deleted.  That's when I decided to never order from them..

Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I looked a little harder before jumping to them. They flat out lied about expected delivery to keep customers from cancelling, including being promised it would ship by Friday for the last two weeks. I'm glad some folks got their orders, but I am steering very clear of them in the future.
post #6918 of 19481
Will this player make regular lossy files from itunes sound better too, because I really don't want to re-buy all my music
post #6919 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by A5ianInva5ion12 View Post

Will this player make regular lossy files from itunes sound better too, because I really don't want to re-buy all my music

iApple has been managing to sell fairly low quality tracks for years which I find quite amazing. But in fairness they are meant to equal 320 mp3s and the few I have tried, most have sounded greatly improved with newly bought IEMs and the X5.
post #6920 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH13 View Post


iApple has been managing to sell fairly low quality tracks for years which I find quite amazing. But in fairness they are meant to equal 320 mp3s and the few I have tried, most have sounded greatly improved with newly bought IEMs and the X5.

I agree, and where I think you can hear the difference with lossless music, the iTunes tracks can sound pretty darn good.  I don't bother upgrading most of the iTunes music I bought when I started this stuff.

post #6921 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

yes, X5 has new database and new media library . but we will implete it in X3 in the coming soon with new " Metro style " GUI.

James, any thoughts on the 88khz playback issues? I am unable to play any purchased .flac files from hdtracks with this frequency without static rendering them unlistenable... And looks like others have expressed the same concern.
post #6922 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by folgersnyourcup View Post

James, any thoughts on the 88khz playback issues? I am unable to play any purchased .flac files from hdtracks with this frequency without static rendering them unlistenable... And looks like others have expressed the same concern.

I thought that was answered earlier in thread that beta 1.23 fixed that. Do you have 1.23 and it is still not working?
post #6923 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by A5ianInva5ion12 View Post

Will this player make regular lossy files from itunes sound better too, because I really don't want to re-buy all my music

keep in mind older tracks you bought from apple may be drm. Make sure

you redownload them in non drm format now. Yes you can do that.

post #6924 of 19481

Any possibility to see the track year on the X5 ?

post #6925 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1206 View Post
 

Any possibility to see the track year on the X5 ?

You can write it on the Album folder.  Are there another common way to track years on DAPs?  Is the year associated with the music file?

post #6926 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

You can write it on the Album folder.  Are there another common way to track years on DAPs?  Is the year associated with the music file?

 

Yes, I always add the year in the tags of my files, but it seems that the X5 can not read it (many players like Sony do this, but not my DX50).

post #6927 of 19481

This is a message for comment by JamesFiiO,

 

I have my X5 set to play the last song when it is turned on. My music is arranged in album and artist folders, but when the X5 starts it always defaults to an alphabetical list of all the songs on both micro sd cards.  This is a long list.  To always load such a long list into system memory when it is not needed (or wanted) by me seems a waste of scarce system resources.  Is this necessary?

post #6928 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

You can write it on the Album folder.  Are there another common way to track years on DAPs?  Is the year associated with the music file?

Year is a metadata field that's always completed. Info is there for tagged files. Would be nice.

Also, when a track starts I see 192/24 etc, can this file info be brought up manually other than start of track?
post #6929 of 19481
I'd love to see Year metadata implemented like on the iPhone: Artist -> Album by Year -> Songs. I've started renaming the album folder on my mSD cards to replicate this with my X3 and pre-ordered X5 but won't see any benefit from this when browsing via the DB Categories.
post #6930 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

I'd love to see Year metadata implemented like on the iPhone: Artist -> Album by Year -> Songs. I've started renaming the album folder on my mSD cards to replicate this with my X3 and pre-ordered X5 but won't see any benefit from this when browsing via the DB Categories.
+1
It will be wonderful if we can chose between different classification mode (alphabetical or by year) in the option menu.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread