- 388 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB (7th Generation)tagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- brandFiiOtagged by shaun_g, 6/30/15
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by Joe Bloggs, 4/12/14
- brandLotootagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
- productLotoo Paw 5000tagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on Yesterday at 8:22 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on Today at 10:06 am in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
- The Fiio X3 Thread. Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 402
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@James / Joe - I think my question got lost, so maybe a I'll repeat.
Do you have plans to add a manual bass adjustment? Something like Rockbox did - 10band EQ + manual bass adjustment with nice sub / mid bass enhancement.
Although I have the E11, I don't like it bass boost - it crawls to strong into the mids.
If you have the X5, would the inbuilt Formatter not be first choice?
So I brought my portable hard drive (which I keep backup files of all my hi-res music on) and spent all night tagging the files properly. Took about 4 hours, but now it will be much easier to search for my music once I upload my albums tomorrow. Still haven't figured out how to add album art yet though. Maybe that will be a project for another night.
I like free Mp3tag best. Right click on an album folder (Windows) and select mp3tag option. Select all tracks, Click Tag Source at top and choose Amazon.com. Select correct Album and choose preview. It finds album on amazon page, where you copy cover and paste into album cover box within Mp3tag. Save files and all tracks are embedded with art. Takes less than one minute.
we will start to delivery to all our agents from 20th this month. includes the leather case, bundle kits, new silicon case, and the stickers , carry bag
So I am trying to upload music onto the X5 but it is saying my card is not compatible, but I bought a 64 GB MicroSD XC card from Amazon:
Also, it is saying something about FAT32 vs. exFAT file systems, I have no idea what this all means, can someone that understands this stuff better please help me let me know what I need to do.
Maybe someone answered this already, but you just need to format the card on the x5. The option for this is within System Settings (cog icon on the main menu).
Thank you for the fast reply. :)
Looking really good!
Yeah, mine too...
That said, the X5 sounds really great - but will it be enough to pass over the bass impact that I can get through the rockboxed H320? Time will tell. Maybe the Rockbox guys will take a look at X5?
On the other hand, did anybody experienced this strange thing - the X5 is almost hissless, but on my CIEM UM Merlins I hear little hiss, but only from the left phone.
Edited by PsiCore - 4/4/14 at 5:00am
My X5 's still normal when charging. I use SamSung adapter 5v-1A
- The Fiio X5 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones with hearing aids 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000 5 minutes ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2