or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 398

post #5956 of 19485

So that means the 128 GB cards are out of the question, I just found online that they are in fact exFAT (the 128 GB cards) well this really sucks, I thought FIIO said the 128 GB cards were compatible?

post #5957 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhammond View Post
 

Aw, shucks. Well, you don't want NTFS. I'm not a file system expert when it comes to flash memory, but if you can't go to fat32 the card *might* just be incompatible. 

 

You could TRY formatting to NTFS first, then see if the Fat32 option comes up. I really don't know if this will work.

 

(edit: I can't speak for the 128gb cards, but my Team and Transcend 64gb cards are Fat32 out of the box)

 

NTFS should work on the X5.

 

FAT32 works on just about every single device. Even my J3 and previous Cowon MP3 players that say 32GB SD MAX all recognize and use my FAT32 128GB microsd.

 

You may however need a separate program to format to FAT32.

 

Go here and download the format tool. This is the official SD organization and their official app to format.

 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

post #5958 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

So that means the 128 GB cards are out of the question, I just found online that they are in fact exFAT (the 128 GB cards) well this really sucks, I thought FIIO said the 128 GB cards were compatible?


It should work. Just have to format it to something it can read. Most likely FAT32

post #5959 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
 

 

NTFS should work on the X5.

 

FAT32 works on just about every single device. Even my J3 and previous Cowon MP3 players that say 32GB SD MAX all recognize and use my FAT32 128GB microsd.

 

You may however need a separate program to format to FAT32.

 

Go here and download the format tool. This is the official SD organization and their official app to format.

 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

You might be right, I thought there were issues with using NTFS, though? This is from a FiiO support page, but specific to the X3

"7. The TF card can support the NTFS format?
A: Yes, it can. When the system file of the TF card is in NTFS, it can be read by the X3, but firmware upgration would be not applicable"

Anyway, I do think there are ways to get the 128gb and other exfat cards to format correctly, just might need an extra tool.
 

(edit: I see what ptravel says: Sounds like just go to NTFS and have a small card available in fat32 for firmware upgrades. Shouldn't be a big deal).


Edited by mhammond - 4/3/14 at 12:59pm
post #5960 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

So that means the 128 GB cards are out of the question, I just found online that they are in fact exFAT (the 128 GB cards) well this really sucks, I thought FIIO said the 128 GB cards were compatible?

That's not true.  128 Gb cards can be formatted as either fat32 or NTFS.

post #5961 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptravel View Post
 

That's not true.  128 Gb cards can be formatted as either fat32 or NTFS.


Ptravel, your right, I apologize if I scared anybody there I will be the 1st to admit I don't really understand this kind of thing but anyway.....

 

I just formatted my card to NTFS and loaded Daft Punk's Random Access Memories on it as a test and...... it read it!!! Woo-hoo!!!

 

Sounds amazing so far with my Shure SE-846's, DAT BASS!!!! Now I'm off to upload music, thanks all!!!

post #5962 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

Also, as far as reformatting goes, when I right click I only see 2 options: exFAT (Default) & NTFS??? I wish these things were easier to figure out, guess I just thought and MicroSD card would work.

 

Reading the online X5 manual yesterday while awaiting my X5, I thought you could format the card within the DAP itself?  Wouldn't that be best, and then attach to PC and add music?

post #5963 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by subver View Post
 

HeadRoom just got them in stock. Woohoo, hopefully they ship the preorders out today or tomorrow!

I just confirmed with them.  I requested 2-day shipping, so mine will be here on Monday.

post #5964 of 19485

I think I just did the free shipping, which I believe should be basic UPS Ground - so I think still 2-3 days? I could be wrong, though. 

post #5965 of 19485
Wohoe! I will be getting mine on Monday or Tuesday!!
Loading up my cards as we speak:)! 2x 64gb Sandisk (formatted in NTFS)
post #5966 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH13 View Post
 

 

Reading the online X5 manual yesterday while awaiting my X5, I thought you could format the card within the DAP itself?  Wouldn't that be best, and then attach to PC and add music?

It probably couldn't read the card at all, being first in an incompatible format.  I do wonder if it would be able to format a large card from NTFS to Fat32 though, heh.  Anyways, good to know it uses NTFS happily. 

 

BTW, fellow MP4Nation folks, I know I am the silly anxious person, but I heard back from them that they expect more units in their warehouse as soon as the end of this week to keep going on fulfilling the first round of preorders.

post #5967 of 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptravel View Post
 

You really need to stop posting incorrect information about B&H.  B&H is going to receive a shipment, along with all other authorized dealers.  Unlike many other dealers, B&H is honest when it says it doesn't know when it will be received.  B&H has not had it advertised for preorder continuously since March 1st.  It was listed as back-order, no pre-order available, sometime after the initial listing and only within the last day or two has B&H begun accepting pre-orders again.

 

You made a mistake based on your erroneous assumption.  It was your fault, not B&H's.  Get over it.

No need to get personal, please. I've only posted what B&H told me. I placed my preorder with them because I read about it here on headfi. I believe other people should know what B&H has told me about their delivery date. Now if you are trying to imply that the other companies such as MP4nation & headphone have been lying about their shipment dates, that is certainly not correct. B&H is the only company that I dealt with that has advertised a preorder with absolutely no known delivery date. Headphone is taking preorders and they have the tracking numbers for their X5 shipments. That is a big difference and when I come to headfi, I expect to find facts and honest opinions. I'm sorry if anybody has taken offense over my complaint about B&H's questionable behavior. I imagine they must normally be a reputable company in most instances, but in this particular case they did not live up to my expectations. I'm simply trying to help anyone else who is trying to get an EARLY shipment of the X5.

 

BTW, B&H's latest ads are showing that the X5 is shipping on Thursday. I'm not dealing with them anymore, so I didn't call to ask them if their ad is correct this time. But just maybe the salesperson at B&H doesn't know the actual status of the X5 shipment. I'm only guessing, because nobody at B&H has told me anything other than that they had no idea of the delivery date. Peace out.

post #5968 of 19485

the two questions I would like to ask about the fiio 5:

1 Can you make playlists 

2 Can you play all albums in a folder without having to select each album individually

to try an answer my own questions I guess the work-around would be

1 rename all tracks using 1 2 3 4 etc

2 put all tracks for the albums you want to play in one folder (but this mixes up their order)

is there an easier way to tackle this?

post #5969 of 19485

Holy cow, this thing sounds amazing!!! The X5 with the E12 (Hi Gain, Bass Boost On) is powering my LCD-2.2's incredibly well, almost as good as my Burson Conductor which cost me way more ($1850) that I can carry this whole setup around with me is just silly, way to go FIIO, this thing is outstanding!

post #5970 of 19485

And there is headroom to spare, I'm not even halfway up the volume pot on the E12, insane!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread