or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 343

post #5131 of 19523

This is interesting! So really the only true native DSD playback would be on the AK 240 unless there is another portable DAP out there?

post #5132 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACONE View Post
 

This is interesting! So really the only true native DSD playback would be on the AK 240 unless there is another portable DAP out there?

calyx m also does native dsd playback

post #5133 of 19523

Thanks Zachchen!

 

I was doing a little reading and you are right.

post #5134 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Is there a way to enable coaxial output for external DAC while playing DSD files?

 

yes, the coaxial output works.

post #5135 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, the coaxial output works.


Hi James, will X5 support DSD over PCM (DoP) via Coaxial digital output? for DAC that can take DoP input

 

Thanks.

post #5136 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post
 


for those who have been bitten by the ugly dx50 firmware hoohaa..... i say the decision making process is a lot easier, just forget about ibasso :)


A Rockbox GUI is in development afaik....

post #5137 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post
 


A Rockbox GUI is in development afaik....

 

I heard that Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez are back together.

 

Any source for your rumor? Mine is from TMZ.

post #5138 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

I heard that Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez are back together.

 

 

...........................................

post #5139 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

I heard that Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez are back together.

Any source for your rumor? Mine is from TMZ.

If you're talking about the rockbox on the dx50, some enterprising dude is working on it.

rockbox for the dx50

Now back to the X5....
post #5140 of 19523

So my sarcasm isn't warranted. Good for them. I still have a DX50 so that could be fun to play with. Problem is that I like the X5 much more. It would be great if someone could Rockbox it.

post #5141 of 19523

I guess a stupid question here...     so why didn't Fiio utilize a better DAC that supports native DSD instead of a software conversion ??   So in the end the X5 is just a souped up X3 ??

I was really hoping that the X5 was the DAP version of the Idsd...   would have been a great product.

post #5142 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixter View Post
 

I guess a stupid question here...     so why didn't Fiio utilize a better DAC that supports native DSD instead of a software conversion ??   So in the end the X5 is just a souped up X3 ??

I was really hoping that the X5 was the DAP version of the Idsd...   would have been a great product.

Probably just price. The PCM1792A used in the X5 is priced at $7.08 /1ku to $7.21 /1ku. The equivalent DSD1792A is priced at $11.18 /1ku to $13.32 /1ku (all numbers taken from TI:s website). So it would mean a bump in price for the parts and the implementation would probably cost a bit more also. It wouldn't be AK territory but i can see why FiiO decided to go with the "lesser" chip, only sacrificing one feature that CAN be done with software (Probably not as good but still better than nothing.).

 

Though I'm no accountant and i have no clue about the actual cost of the implementation of both chips, i would still say that the DSD1792A would be a welcomed upgrade for a X5 mark II or maybe the X7.


Edited by skalkman - 3/12/14 at 5:41am
post #5143 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

Probably just price. The PCM1792A used in the X5 is priced at $7.08 /1ku to $7.21 /1ku. The equivalent DSD1792A is priced at $11.18 /1ku to $13.32 /1ku (all numbers taken from TI:s website). So it would mean a bump in price for the parts and the implementation would probably cost a bit more also. It wouldn't be AK territory but i can see why FiiO decided to go with the "lesser" chip, only sacrificing one feature that CAN be done with software (Probably not as good but still better than nothing.).

 

Though I'm no accountant and i have no clue about the actual cost of the implementation of both chips, i would still say that the DSD1792A would be a welcomed upgrade for a X5 mark II or maybe the X7.

 

not, the SOC is output IIS signal to PCM1792A, if you want to use native DSD supports, you have to switch all the digital I/O setup for PCM1792A.  and yes, maybe the X5k will support native DSD.

post #5144 of 19523
They talked about at least X5 second round so who knows they may offer it.
post #5145 of 19523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Hi James, will X5 support DSD over PCM (DoP) via Coaxial digital output? for DAC that can take DoP input

 

Thanks.

 

sorry not. only PCM from coaxial out

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread