Ah woops, totally missed it! Wow, it looks great! Awesome, I cannot wait!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB (7th Generation)tagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- brandFiiOtagged by shaun_g, 6/30/15
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by Joe Bloggs, 4/12/14
- brandLotootagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
- productLotoo Paw 5000tagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 10/6/15 at 7:28am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread Last post on 12/29/16 at 6:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... Last post on 11/29/16 at 11:25am in Portable Source Gear
- The Fiio X3 Thread. Last post on 1/11/17 at 8:48pm in Portable Source Gear
- Review: LOTOO PAW 5000 - A very versatile portable player Last post on 1/8/16 at 6:30am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 332
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dual TF card ( Micro SD card ),
Support 256GB （128GB×2）Max.
I don't think that's the perspective he is coming from at all. It is also completely justified to come to the conclusion that using a device with more flexibility is superior to one which compromises quality for the sake of ease and ignorance. That is what he is talking about. Nobody is arguing against improved ergonomics. From that perspective, indeed I think Apple did a great thing initially with iOS. As with all things like Apple, the last part of what he says is precisely true. Maybe it's a little cynical but it's the truth. There is a clear benefit to actually understanding how something works and having control over it, at least minimally - that over being limited to a set way which cannot be worked around and is targeted for imbeciles. It lowers standards and feeds ignorance where it isn't necessary, lessening the quality, integrity, and experience for everyone in the process. I don't entirely think that about Apple products but the effect is the same. It's an argument for being informed about the things you interact with, especially so frequently. If Apple didn't build their things with the bare minimum of quality components that they do, I would have no regard for an argument on their behalf because it would no doubt be founded in ignorance. It would almost be like arguing for Beats.
Dumbing down means reducing functionality in order to appeal to the lowest common denominator. There is a big difference between that and simplifying things to make it more accessible. Apple provides all the control the vast majority of users want - they have made a conscious effort to appeal really well to 95% (or whatever) percent for whom their overall approach works, and not to the remaining 5%. This results in a product that works better for most people, and not too well for a small minority. That's actually smarter business sense than trying to make something that appeals to everyone but which ends up being bland. Seinfeld got it with his TV show. Heck, Schiit gets it with their products. I run a small business and that's the approach we take and it works for us as well.
And by the same token, expecting that a deep understanding of unnecessary details somehow makes the experience richer is also a bit of a stretch. There are always retrogrouches who revel in the "back in my days, we didnt have it so easy". Yeah well, life moves on. If a better interface means that people dont have to become experts in stuff that they dont care about, that's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing, as the other poster seems to imply.
Eg, I use my computer to work just as I use my car to get to work. They are tools, and I dont particularly care about HOW they work - i just care that they do so reliably, so i can focus on what I do well. A lot of people dont have or need the same level of involvement with all their tools, and to argue that their choice is somehow poor or leading to dumbing down is absurdly presumptuous.
I dont care if the poster in question likes Apple or whatever. I like my iDevices, but if someone else wants something different, I dont really care. What irritates me is the fact that some people cannot just make their own choices in peace, but feel compelled to extrapolate their purchase decisions into something far grander. Dumbing down of society just b/c someone chooses a different phone/player/laptop? GMAFB.
These look like the exact same jacks used on my Fiio RC-SE1 cable... That would stick out pretty far and judging by the cable length, the nice 'bow around the volume button' will not be possible as seen on the Fiio website--> X5 page.
Still... I think I will go for it:P, just liked the right angled jacks better...
I am not against adding more features, but I'll want a DAP to be a DAP first and everything else can be a bonus, or not - if you know what I mean. If you keep adding non-essential features to a DAP, pretty soon it will just be a very compromised device that doesn't do anything well.
I have pre-ordered an X5 from an authorized seller here in Australia ( http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/fiio-x5-portable-high-resolution-lossless-music-player ).
Will you be supplying your Australian sellers with the HS6 bundle kit (which includes the cable in the photo) so I can buy it with my X5 upon release?
James, right angle will work a lot more better for us. Less risk of breaking any connector and easier for storage and transportation. Please give this thought seriously.
The next FW update will add a third 'USB OTG' icon to the selection menu. Very cool.
If Fiio has the capability, please make them right-angled, much better for stacking IMO.
Right angle can be more problematic than people think. It creates a 'V' assembly that covers the headphone jack, covers the volume control... It only works if they can make a super-short right-angle plug and wire that is a direct line from jack to jack. This is not so simple and does not use off the shelf parts without modification. The DX50 thread has some good home-made examples.
Not clear on what this means or enables. Input from another USB device?
- The Fiio X5 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 27 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Auralic Vega 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear