or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 286

post #4276 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

My portable system....

 

 

How does it compare to the DX50 (through headphone output)? Considering getting either the X5 or DX90, so would be interested to know your opinion.

post #4277 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblinpie View Post
 

 

How does it compare to the DX50 (through headphone output)? Considering getting either the X5 or DX90, so would be interested to know your opinion.


i am sorry that I have not used DX50 amp section for a long time.. as I have been strapping it on portable amp or portable DAC. From the line out comparison, X5 clearly brings out better detail and note authority than DX50. It reveals better sound layer than DX50. If you want clean and deep bass, you can only find in X5.

 

DX90 is a revamp with dual DACs and new amp section, I think it is worth to wait for more comparisons between the two players. I have just recently found out and I am a little displeased about the unrealistic published specs of DX50.

post #4278 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


i am sorry that I have not used DX50 amp section for a long time.. as I have been strapping it on portable amp or portable DAC. From the line out comparison, X5 clearly brings out better detail and note authority than DX50. It reveals better sound layer than DX50. If you want clean and deep bass, you can only find in X5.

 

DX90 is a revamp with dual DACs and new amp section, I think it is worth to wait for more comparisons between the two players. I have just recently found out and I am a little displeased about the unrealistic published specs of DX50.

 

Alright, that's good to know. I think I'll wait until people get hold of the DX90, I'm not in a rush to buy. Will keep an eye on this thread.

post #4279 of 19479

Hi,

 

Can anybody make a comparison between X5 and Dx100?

 

I couldnt see a brief comparison  :confused:

post #4280 of 19479

X5 is expected to be released in The Netherlands for April at EUR 399,- , announced on the FiiO (BeNeLux) dealers website

April....... *sigh*


Edited by Jobbing - 2/7/14 at 10:40am
post #4281 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

The depressing part is that there will be buyers.

ROFL biggrin.gif he spoke about ak240 smily_headphones1.gif
post #4282 of 19479
frankly speaking the most intriguing and tempting are X5 and Calyx M, and until then my plans for ak120 pure or moded are cancelled instantly.
post #4283 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

frankly speaking the most intriguing and tempting are X5 and Calyx M, and until then my plans for ak120 pure or moded are cancelled instantly.

 

How about a 256GB CF Rockboxed DMod? It doesn't have to be a hi-end. :)

post #4284 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post

X5 is expected to be released in The Netherlands for April at EUR 399,- , announced on the FiiO (BeNeLux) dealers website
April....... *sigh*
could you provide the link? What a sick joke, milking us. Go through http://www.audiogarden.fr. Or www.son-video.com the French Fiio dealers. I went with Audio Garden: 349eur, and free shipping to Belgium, expected March 3rd. beerchug.gif
post #4285 of 19479
Anyone spot a US seller doing preorders?
post #4286 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

How about a 256GB CF Rockboxed DMod? It doesn't have to be a hi-end. smily_headphones1.gif

as much as i love all my Apple gear so much i hate iTunes, never use iTunes and hate the very idea of using iTunes.
post #4287 of 19479
Grief...the wait is killing me. I am so freaking tired of using my old iPod Touch and my old Sony...I'll be damned if I pay that shark on Taobao $450 for an X5 early though...
post #4288 of 19479

Well as bad or good as Itunes is...  there are people now figuring out how to use it better...  take for example the Onkyo HD Player that lets you load and play FLAC,DSD and DXD from the Iphone/Ipad...  

post #4289 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


as much as i love all my Apple gear so much i hate iTunes, never use iTunes and hate the very idea of using iTunes.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

How about a 256GB CF Rockboxed DMod? It doesn't have to be a hi-end. :)

Rockbox doesn't require iTunes to use once you have it installed.  In fact, if the iPod is formatted as Windows FAT, you don't need iTunes to install Rockbox.  After that, it is all drag-and-drop to manage files, and the player automatically boots into Rockbox when turned on. 

post #4290 of 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

frankly speaking the most intriguing and tempting are X5 and Calyx M, and until then my plans for ak120 pure or moded are cancelled instantly.

 

It's your loss lol ;)...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread