or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 277

post #4141 of 19490

Burning my X5 in. Finding English was fun, but always is. lol 

 

Nice feel to the X5, very solid and the wheel responds right on. Very smooth rotation. Should give dacs costing much more money a run for their money. 

post #4142 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Burning my X5 in. Finding English was fun, but always is. lol 

 

Nice feel to the X5, very solid and the wheel responds right on. Very smooth rotation. Should give dacs costing much more money a run for their money. 


if you upgrade to firmware 1.1, the language selection will appear after the system reboot from firmware upgrade.

 

Really looking forward to your impressions.

post #4143 of 19490

Well it easily better than the AK100 modified. 

post #4144 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post

I am very curious about this combination also.  From my experience, an iPod Video 5th gen (unmodded) with LOD to E12 is very good, but the CEntrance M8 beats it in treble detail.  An X5 stacked with LOD to an E12 could give the M8 stacked with a digital source a run for its money.  
Maybe it's buried somewhere in this thread, but I'm wondering if the X5 sounds similar to the E12 in the same way the X3 sounds similar to the E11?
post #4145 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

No, thisis a cleaner!:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80
Props for referencing The Professional! Love, love, love that movie :-)
post #4146 of 19490

Is there any SQ comparison with X3, sorry the thread is too big now I am not able to backtrack. Currently I have X3 and with PFE-232..... I am loving it, but if X5 makes even big difference for better, I will go for it.

post #4147 of 19490

Any thoughts on how the DAC performance. Specifically how does it compare to the HRT Music Streamer II? I"m thinking of funding the X5 by selling my MS II.

post #4148 of 19490

I thought he said the DAC performance was specifically the part that stood out to him. I also don't see the need for LO on a device like this, isn't the whole point to be a 1 box solution. I'm sure you could improve the sound by adding externals, but in my opinion it sort of defeats the purpose of this particular DAP

post #4149 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

Is there any SQ comparison with X3, sorry the thread is too big now I am not able to backtrack. Currently I have X3 and with PFE-232..... I am loving it, but if X5 makes even big difference for better, I will go for it.


I don't think they are in the same league at all. The X5 takes it up a few notches and gives you some real quality sound. Not saying the X3 is bad but the X5 is in the pro league. :^)

post #4150 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


I don't think they are in the same league at all. The X5 takes it up a few notches and gives you some real quality sound. Not saying the X3 is bad but the X5 is in the pro league. :^)
Enough already, I already can't wait for the X5's US release. Stop making it sound so damn good ;-)
post #4151 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Maybe it's buried somewhere in this thread, but I'm wondering if the X5 sounds similar to the E12 in the same way the X3 sounds similar to the E11?


I read the stock E12 has hiss for sensitive iem because it was meant to use with hard impedance low sensitivity cans...

 

The X5 has a dark background

post #4152 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Enough already, I already can't wait for the X5's US release. Stop making it sound so damn good ;-)


The x5 is sounding so tasty I can't wait to hear about the x7 xD (James, can you skip the x1 and go straight to the x7 please? hahaha)

post #4153 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 

I thought he said the DAC performance was specifically the part that stood out to him. I also don't see the need for LO on a device like this, isn't the whole point to be a 1 box solution. I'm sure you could improve the sound by adding externals, but in my opinion it sort of defeats the purpose of this particular DAP


Agree, ample power for portable use but sometimes I use the line out to connect to desktop amp...

post #4154 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 


The x5 is sounding so tasty I can't wait to hear about the x7 xD (James, can you skip the x1 and go straight to the x7 please? hahaha)


or maybe skip X3 MKII.....bcos consumers should opt for X5 if the price is close...

post #4155 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

The LO is not just for more power, it's for cleaner sound if the LO is indeed a true & clean LO. If the HO sounds as good as the LO, then the LO may be too good to be a true LO.

 

Well Fiio (Joe and James) wouldn't want to answer the question on how the LO has been implemented anyways.

 

Err, the internal hardware has been fully disclosed by James in the early part of this thread? Try reading back.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

I am interested in knowing how the LO is implemented. The X5 internal amp may well be very good, but that doesn't do anything to the LO. In theory, if I know the LO is clean, then there will be potentials for improvements. But if the LO is "dirty", the potentials are none or limited.

 

Vinnie has been in the mod business for so long for a reason, to clean up the audio path by improving the LO's for potentials.

 

 

 

Since the HO signal comes from LO, the cleanness of the HO signal is an indication of the cleanness of the LO signal. It is just the simple idea of 'crap-in, crap-out'. There is really no particular special implementation on X5's LO as it follows the implementation recommended by PCM1972's maker TI while exchanging the suggested NE5532 / LT1028 (I/V and LPF) to the much higher end OPA1612. There isn't much to clean up since there isn't any dirt around.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Could be output impedance differences with phones used. Lo does not have a particularly low output impedance requirement. Anything under 100 should be great.

 

Actually you don't want output impedance to be too low. Typical OI number is 100~600ohm, and the input impedance of the amp should be 10x as much to get the best result. X5's OI is about 100ohm.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread