or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 248

post #3706 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco View Post
 

When is it going to be released in europe ?


Around March-April.

post #3707 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess70 View Post

I do not want it unless the UI lists: Artist > Album > Song. I will be losing enough UI going from the Apple universe as it is.

 

Don't most players do that? if it doesn't in some way there's always browse mode. Don't people rip music into neat C:/Music/Artist/Album(year) folders? That's how I easily find what to swap out when I'm tired of some albums on my portable player (smartphone) and need to take other albums with me.

 

Then again I grew up with and got into serious audio gear with CDs and vinyl (even with the minidisc and the iPod later on) so that's basically my digital archive equivalent for a shelf alphabetically arranged by artist, starting with compilation albums on the top shelf.


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 1/26/14 at 11:02am
post #3708 of 19490
It lists things that way if you browse through the cards without using the scanned UI. But since there are two separate cards that makes things difficult it requires tons of organizing yourself if you use 2 cards.

Currently the X-5 lists all songs by an artist under the artist catagory without sub-sorting by album. (All this according to reviewers, I don't have an X-5 myself.)

This seems like an easy fix and asking for a standard organizational method that most DAP's use doesn't seem like much to ask for.

I am an older guy that is going to have enough of a nightmare getting my library out of iTunes with proper tagging and with album covers embedded.
post #3709 of 19490

Jess

 

You're correct.  At present  - using the library in 'tag-mode' - you can either select by artist OR by album OR by genre.  Once you select the top tier - there is no 'next tier' yet.  IE I have 4 Dido albums.  So selecting Artist "Dido" puts me into a list with all 4 albums files mixed together - sorted by file name 01-name, 01, name, 01 name, 01 name, 02 name, 02 name .... etc

 

Folder mode is the work around at present - but I'm condfident that Fiio will eventually put a proper hierarchy eventually into working with tags.

post #3710 of 19490
Aside from ending up with disgustingly log names, I suppose you could also tag your files artist-album-track number-title...that way when you browse by Artist you will get everything by them at least in order.
post #3711 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

Aside from ending up with disgustingly log names, I suppose you could also tag your files artist-album-track number-title...that way when you browse by Artist you will get everything by them at least in order.

Or Fiio could provide a UI fix via firmware to bring music organization to the standards of most other DAP's.

I have been delaying my DAP purchase to see the reviews on the X-5. I would love to get the X-5, however, I will get the Sony ZX-1 or use iPod plus Hi-Fi M8 if they don't fix the UI organization to allow: Artist -> Album -> Song.
post #3712 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess70 View Post


Or Fiio could provide a UI fix via firmware to bring music organization to the standards of most other DAP's.

I have been delaying my DAP purchase to see the reviews on the X-5. I would love to get the X-5, however, I will get the Sony ZX-1 or use iPod plus Hi-Fi M8 if they don't fix the UI organization to allow: Artist -> Album -> Song.


What a shame though, you'd loose a chance to buy an amazing sounding dap if you'd go for a substitute, I can only suggest you to be patient, pretty sure they'll come around to adding the hierarchy, everybody else does. I am not as stuck like you on the current arrangement because I end up using the file directory structure more. The library is nice however you are always at the mercy of unsuccessful scans, somehow it escapes me how difficult it must be to collect tag info reliably.

post #3713 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


What a shame though, you'd loose a chance to buy an amazing sounding dap if you'd go for a substitute, I can only suggest you to be patient, pretty sure they'll come around to adding the hierarchy, everybody else does. I am not as stuck like you on the current arrangement because I end up using the file directory structure more. The library is nice however you are always at the mercy of unsuccessful scans, somehow it escapes me how difficult it must be to collect tag info reliably.

I am looking forward to hearing reviews with comparisons of SQ between the X-5 and the ZX-1.
post #3714 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess70 View Post


I am looking forward to hearing reviews with comparisons of SQ between the X-5 and the ZX-1.


Yeah me too, we have some members here who have both so watch for some impressions coming soon.

post #3715 of 19490
Ask AnakChan, hehehe
But i think he is burning in his unit before make comparisons..
post #3716 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

Aside from ending up with disgustingly log names, I suppose you could also tag your files artist-album-track number-title...that way when you browse by Artist you will get everything by them at least in order.

Yes, that's been recommended before.  Panda put up a tutorial somewhere for this, but... gack!!!  Who wants to do that?  The slow side to side scrolling (at least that's what my X3 does) would make that very tedious.  Enabling Artist -> Album -> Track organization by tags seems only reasonable.  I think Fiio's getting enough feedback that they should implement this on the X3 and X5 and the upcoming X1 and X7.

post #3717 of 19490
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


Yeah me too, we have some members here who have both so watch for some impressions coming soon.

 

Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Ask AnakChan, hehehe
But i think he is burning in his unit before make comparisons..

 

Yep, I can try tonight when I get home from work & gym. As it'll be a very preliminary brief comparison with an X5 with only 36 hrs burn-in, you'll have to take my preliminary impressions with a large pinch of salt.

post #3718 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post
 

Yes, that's been recommended before.  Panda put up a tutorial somewhere for this, but... gack!!!  Who wants to do that?  The slow side to side scrolling (at least that's what my X3 does) would make that very tedious.  Enabling Artist -> Album -> Track organization by tags seems only reasonable.  I think Fiio's getting enough feedback that they should implement this on the X3 and X5 and the upcoming X1 and X7.

Which one of my videos (or reuploaded videos) are you referring to? :rolleyes:

 

But seriously, I don't recommend watching through any of them if you have a small question like that

 

I can barely watch and sit through my own videos after I've edited them. :tongue:

 

 

 

post #3719 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Which one of my videos (or reuploaded videos) are you referring to? :rolleyes:

 

But seriously, I don't recommend watching through any of them if you have a small question like that

 

I can barely watch and sit through my own videos after I've edited them. :tongue:

Well, at least I think I saw the trick of cramming all that info in the song tag in one of your posts while researching the X3 a while back.  If not, I guess I gave you props for someone else's trick - oops :rolleyes:.

post #3720 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post
 

Well, at least I think I saw the trick of cramming all that info in the song tag in one of your posts while researching the X3 a while back.  If not, I guess I gave you props for someone else's trick - oops :rolleyes:.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/3540#post_9684111

 

:bigsmile_face: Found it!
 
Nope, I deserve ALL your props :wink_face:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread