or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 227

post #3391 of 19490

Anyone seen this? and willing to try?

128gb micro sd card ;)

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/MICRODIA-microSDHC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-Class10-128GB-25122/dp/B00HA2U87Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1390228666&sr=1-1&keywords=microdia

 

*update Class 6 version, not out yet but hopefully cheaper...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/MICRODIA-microSDXC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-Class6-128GB-25112/dp/B00HA2U6JQ


Edited by Levanter - 1/20/14 at 6:39am
post #3392 of 19490


Very interesting, how good can it be while big companies like sandisk, kingston didn't announce anything about 128gb micro sd cards. Do you think it is legit? Some Japanese users can help maybe.

post #3393 of 19490

 

Looks like a Sandisk knock off.

post #3394 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post
 

 

Looks like a Sandisk knock off.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Very interesting, how good can it be while big companies like sandisk, kingston didn't announce anything about 128gb micro sd cards. Do you think it is legit? Some Japanese users can help maybe.

 

Actually they are pretty well known in Japan i think, and has quite a history with storage/sd cards.

 

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/07/microdia-launches-16gb-sdhc-card-your-pocketbook-weeps-for-sham/

http://www.techpowerup.com/30763/16gb-sdhc-card-by-microdia.html

http://www.neltronics.com.au/whymicrodia.htm

http://www.linkedin.com/company/microdia-ltd-

post #3395 of 19490
All the microSD that are in 128go are fake please be aware ;-/
post #3396 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

All the microSD that are in 128go are fake please be aware ;-/
Care to elaborate?

128GB microSD cards are real. A few months ago, they werent released yet but now they are.
post #3397 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Care to elaborate?

128GB microSD cards are real. A few months ago, they werent released yet but now they are.

 

Amazon says still 1-2 months wait for it.

post #3398 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Care to elaborate?

128GB microSD cards are real. A few months ago, they werent released yet but now they are.

when google..cant seem to be able to find a card with 128gb microsd...except ebay...

post #3399 of 19490

SDHC is up to 32gb, the 128go can't be SDHC but only SDXC and I'm pretty confused beacause this microSD on amazon.jp is a 128gb SDXC...

post #3400 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post
 

SDHC is up to 32gb, the 128go can't be SDHC but only SDXC and I'm pretty confused beacause this microSD on amazon.jp is a 128gb SDXC...

 

It's probably fake.

 

Samsung has announced that they will be releasing a 128GB Micro SDXC at some point so I doubt anyone else is going to beat them to it.

post #3401 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

It's probably fake.

 

Samsung has announced that they will be releasing a 128GB Micro SDXC at some point so I doubt anyone else is going to beat them to it.


Probably big guys like Sandisk, Kingston, Transdescent, Samsung, they will all come up at the same time more or less.

 

Btw, think about it: Dual Micro sd slot + USB OTG. You can get meenova thing, it makes you use your micro sd card in USB OTG supporting devices. So at the end you get 3 different micro sd card slot (meenova is seriously small gadget, I am sure people wouldn't mind carrying it with the dap). 128 x 3 = 384 gb. Sweeeeeet.

post #3402 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

It's probably fake.

Samsung has announced that they will be releasing a 128GB Micro SDXC at some point so I doubt anyone else is going to beat them to it.

Hmmm....we gotta be careful then while ordering these kind of fakes from japan, just like from our brotherly china..........if this talk of the minute is true. As its a matter of $$$ in question here.
post #3403 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Probably big guys like Sandisk, Kingston, Transdescent, Samsung, they will all come up at the same time more or less.

 

Btw, think about it: Dual Micro sd slot + USB OTG. You can get meenova thing, it makes you use your micro sd card in USB OTG supporting devices. So at the end you get 3 different micro sd card slot (meenova is seriously small gadget, I am sure people wouldn't mind carrying it with the dap). 128 x 3 = 384 gb. Sweeeeeet.

 

Good idea that, lots of stuff to carry around though.

 

I'd rather just poke a single card into my X3 and be done with it.

 

Also I imagine Sandisk might get there same time as Samsung though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Hmmm....we gotta be careful then while ordering these kind of fakes from japan, just like from our brotherly china..........if this talk of the minute is true. As its a matter of $$$ in question here.

 

Yeah haha, we do that a lot here on Head-Fi though as most really exciting stuff only seems to be available either in China or Japan.

post #3404 of 19490


Microdia are actually Samsung cards but I would still wait for Samsung and Sandisk to officially announce their cards.

As I've posted in another thread Sandisk have a 128gb microSDXC card ready but so far there's no official ETA.

Wouldn't be surprised if that card came to market in the next few months.

post #3405 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Probably big guys like Sandisk, Kingston, Transdescent, Samsung, they will all come up at the same time more or less.

 

Btw, think about it: Dual Micro sd slot + USB OTG. You can get meenova thing, it makes you use your micro sd card in USB OTG supporting devices. So at the end you get 3 different micro sd card slot (meenova is seriously small gadget, I am sure people wouldn't mind carrying it with the dap). 128 x 3 = 384 gb. Sweeeeeet.

i think it depend on how easy you can browse that much of a music collection,would they be included within the dap music db ?, i sure wouldnt last  browsing that much just by using folder browsing, thats probably only me though

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread