Will the X5 offer gapless playback? That's a deal-breaker for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod classic 160 GB (7th Generation)tagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- brandFiiOtagged by shaun_g, 6/30/15
- productFiiO X3 Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/11/14
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by Joe Bloggs, 4/12/14
- brandLotootagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
- productLotoo Paw 5000tagged by shaun_g, 8/26/15
Related Forum Threads
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
- The Fiio X3 Thread. Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 207
Gear mentioned in this thread:
'Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet"
The FiiO X3 includes Gapless playback so the X5 should as well.
James said 'sure' and the X3 supports it, so it most likely will be on it.
For future questions, first see if the first page has the answer. If not, try the search function. Please ask if you have any past that.
sure X5 will supports gapless playback and we are working in the DSD playback and OTG support too. and X5 will includes all the features in X3 excepted the individual bass/treble is replaced by a 10 bands EQ.
maybe there will have some review pop up because we have sold 5 pcs X5 in CES. and also we will send out about 8 pcs X5 for FiiO X5 preview world tour in Europe, U.S and some other countries.
Well, welcome back James first of all. I hope you recovered your health and getting better.
My rant wasn't directed to FiiO. It was just, I thought with CES we would see reviews but instead there was only unnecessary off topic in here. You know that I am seriously interested in X5 so I am waiting to see what we will have.
Hope to see some reviews. I think with the world tour, this thread will get back on the rail again.
Now if only we could find a way to hide that annoying poll at the top of every screen. I think that we all have read it and/or participated in it by now.
Future reference: combining an equipment thread with a poll is a bad idea...
Parametric or graphic EQ James? Would much prefer a parametric EQ to be honest.
Edited by razorblader - 1/13/14 at 4:50am
+1» PE is a step above and it is at its best to more than average music listeners and audiophiles. I think its not a big challenge to replace conventional EQ either........for fiio to adapt.
What is currently on X5 seems to be graphic EQ.
Actually, how about having both GEQ and PEG? For those who don't care, they can still keep GEQ. For those who know how to adjust LS/HS/center frequency, Q value and gain, please let them have the power that PEQ brings.
Edited by zzffnn - 1/13/14 at 9:58am
- The Fiio X5 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 seconds ago
- › $700-$800 to spend on headphones what headphones? 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › $400-500 bass forward headphone 2 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2