or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 180

post #2686 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Also, if I wanted prestige for owning something I'd look into name brands more well known such as Porche, Lexus, Rolex or even Abercrombie & Finch not Astell & Kern. Most people on here would recognize an AK120 but I can walk around my city waving my AK120 around in plain view for months on end and most people would think its some cheap MP3 player or at the very most something slightly more expensive then an iPod. There was really no thought of prestige involved in owning a AK120 when I bought it.


man i just showed my relatives the price of turbine pro coppers

 

u should have seen their faces,really:wink:

 

and here we are talking of ak120,,lol

post #2687 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

It works for me.  It does what I want it to do.  And I like how it sounds.  :smile:

Well said...........:beerchug: 

 

Thank you sir!  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

so be cool:biggrin:

 

Hey, that's my line!  :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

There was really no thought of prestige involved in owning a AK120 when I bought it.

 

Exactly the same in my case.  :beerchug:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

The very best 8740 chip heee

 

I made sure to have them pick the very best one for mee... no bent pins (or uneven solder pads)... and certainly no sloppy laser engraving.  :D


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2688 of 19484

Prestige is just high reputation. Mu GS-X mk2 will be a prestigious product. I feel good about that. Too bad I don't know a single person here that will (a) know what it is or (b) give a rat's ass. Prestige can be a lonely business.

post #2689 of 19484
There r words on the street saying x5 will hit the distributors this weekend...
Fiio is really hush hush about the release date and not allow preorder.....
The wait...
post #2690 of 19484

All I know is that I sure do hope that wheel is durable. Not just durable enough but, durable. :)

post #2691 of 19484

but whatever u say prestige does matter

 

most of the sony products are way more over priced but still ppl buy them(me too:wink_face:) due to their previous reputation and not necessarily on performance.

 

and i don't even need to talk about iphone and ipod!!

post #2692 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

Prestige is just high reputation. Mu GS-X mk2 will be a prestigious product. I feel good about that. Too bad I don't know a single person here that will (a) know what it is or (b) give a rat's ass. Prestige can be a lonely business.


That's a amp manufactured by headamp.

post #2693 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

There r words on the street saying x5 will hit the distributors this weekend...
Fiio is really hush hush about the release date and not allow preorder.....
The wait...


very nice

i am just worried tht customs alone will account for 120$ as duty is 30% in india making it unviable for me!!

 

i just hope mp4 nation sells it as it can downgrade the innovice and escape customs:biggrin:

post #2694 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

but whatever u say prestige does matter

 

To some people yes.  For some people I know, it matters a great deal.  I'm just saying that I never saw it as a prestigious thing, and I'm pretty sure DF didn't either.  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post

 

most of the sony products are way more over priced but still ppl buy them(me too:wink_face:) due to their previous reputation and not necessarily on performance.

 

I haven't.  :o

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post

 

and i don't even need to talk about iphone and ipod!!

 

Have never owned any of those either.  :o


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2695 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 


That's a amp manufactured by headamp.

 

 

indeed. Just giving an example of how prestige depends on recognition. It is not just a question of what is theoretically deserved.

post #2696 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


very nice
i am just worried tht customs alone will account for 120$ as duty is 30% in india making it unviable for me!!

i just hope mp4 nation sells it as it can downgrade the innovice and escape customs:D

Wow 30% is pretty steep... I meant China distro before.
post #2697 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


Wow 30% is pretty steep... I meant China distro before.


thats true man

 

only if sent as a gift below 160$ there is exemption:confused_face:

post #2698 of 19484
But when I owned the AK120 all the girls the street were clinging on to my clothes and asking for a feel of the Buttero leather...now with the 901 they are throwing rocks at me...and when I mentioned the X5 one of them even spit in my face. Damn I need me some of that A&K prestige again...for da ladies.
post #2699 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

But when I owned the AK120 all the girls the street were clinging on to my clothes and asking for a feel of the Buttero leather...now with the 901 they are throwing rocks at me...and when I mentioned the X5 one of them even spit in my face. Damn I need me some of that A&K prestige again...for da ladies.

You got a rough time. Looks like you need to work on some other attributes they will admire. 

post #2700 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

You got a rough time. Looks like you need to work on some other attributes they will admire. 
Yeah maybe my sexy carbon fiber Roxanne will do the trick.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread