or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 177

post #2641 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

is there anyone from indonesia who applied for the fiio x5 trial ?

None so far, why not apply now and be the first? :wink_face:

post #2642 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post

We all gave James a 'pass' on his naked run. After his health scare and having to spend some time in the hospital, I wouldn't even expect him to be running fully clothed! smily_headphones1.gif

Have a happy holiday season to all! Drive safe!

Dale

Oh well he's let off then. Is it actually on sale in China now or is it only available to testers?
post #2643 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

None so far, why not apply now and be the first? :wink_face:


I will try coaxing mike (owner of headfonia) to go with it , imo he have better chance to get one anyway

post #2644 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post
 


I will try coaxing mike (owner of headfonia) to go with it , imo he have better chance to get one anyway

 

Sounds good, but then again, two chances are better than one you know (unless you are facing issues that won't allow you to give the X5 a spin...)

post #2645 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post

We all gave James a 'pass' on his naked run. After his health scare and having to spend some time in the hospital, I wouldn't even expect him to be running fully clothed! smily_headphones1.gif

Have a happy holiday season to all! Drive safe!

Dale

Oh well he's let off then. Is it actually on sale in China now or is it only available to testers?

 

Not quite sure - they had the big launch party, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they're delaying the release to make some changes. I haven't seen a comment from anyone at FiiO that confirms this though. Apparently the Chinese forums were all abuzz with suggestions about things they didn't like about the X5, so it's understandable if FiiO want to hold back the release to make some further changes. Regardless, I'm going to be patient and wait for the official worldwide release. I've got an X3 to tide me over until then, and I'm quite happy with it! :)

 

Dale

post #2646 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post
 

 

Not quite sure - they had the big launch party, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they're delaying the release to make some changes. I haven't seen a comment from anyone at FiiO that confirms this though. Apparently the Chinese forums were all abuzz with suggestions about things they didn't like about the X5, so it's understandable if FiiO want to hold back the release to make some further changes. Regardless, I'm going to be patient and wait for the official worldwide release. I've got an X3 to tide me over until then, and I'm quite happy with it! :)

 

Dale

 

I thought that delay is more due to the Chinese New Year holidays that will delay the manufacturing process?

post #2647 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

is there anyone from indonesia who applied for the fiio x5 trial ?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

None so far, why not apply now and be the first? :wink_face:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post
 


I will try coaxing mike (owner of headfonia) to go with it , imo he have better chance to get one anyway

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkarn View Post

 

Sounds good, but then again, two chances are better than one you know (unless you are facing issues that won't allow you to give the X5 a spin...)

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #2648 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post
 

 

Not quite sure - they had the big launch party, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they're delaying the release to make some changes. I haven't seen a comment from anyone at FiiO that confirms this though. Apparently the Chinese forums were all abuzz with suggestions about things they didn't like about the X5, so it's understandable if FiiO want to hold back the release to make some further changes. Regardless, I'm going to be patient and wait for the official worldwide release. I've got an X3 to tide me over until then, and I'm quite happy with it! :)

 

Dale

 

I thought that delay is more due to the Chinese New Year holidays that will delay the manufacturing process?

 

I know the Chinese New Year holiday is responsible for the delay in the worldwide release, but the initial release was to China only, and they planned to have the first batch of X5s available between the release and Friday Jan. 31st, which is the start of the Chinese New Year for 2014. The official celebration is usually 15 days long, i.e. lasting until Feb. 14th, but a lot of companies and their staff shut down for almost a full month. That means that staff aren't back to work until the beginning of March. If they resume manufacturing then, I'd expect the first worldwide shipments by late March or early April. As for the 1st batch that's supposed to be available in China now, I think it's pretty much all spoken for. If there is a hold on the product for some changes, then that might throw another wrench into the works and delay things further. Again, we need confirmation from FiiO on this, but I'm certain about the month long delay due to Chinese New Year.

 

Dale

post #2649 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post
 

 

I know the Chinese New Year holiday is responsible for the delay in the worldwide release, but the initial release was to China only, and they planned to have the first batch of X5s available between the release and Friday Jan. 31st, which is the start of the Chinese New Year for 2014. The official celebration is usually 15 days long, i.e. lasting until Feb. 14th, but a lot of companies and their staff shut down for almost a full month. That means that staff aren't back to work until the beginning of March. If they resume manufacturing then, I'd expect the first worldwide shipments by late March or early April. As for the 1st batch that's supposed to be available in China now, I think it's pretty much all spoken for. If there is a hold on the product for some changes, then that might throw another wrench into the works and delay things further. Again, we need confirmation from FiiO on this, but I'm certain about the month long delay due to Chinese New Year.

 

Dale

Ah I see, we are talking about different delays eh :o Let's see what Fiio says first then; hoping for good news here :bigsmile_face:

post #2650 of 19490

well playing with the E12DIY and trying to get a muses01 opamp to pair with it so it will be ready for the X5 trial.

post #2651 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post

End of March, more likely April.

Dale (who can't sleep because he thought he heard reindeer on the roof)
Just in time for my birthday!
post #2652 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Hehehe....ok well both SQs are different naturally. If anything i'd probably say the X5 has more of a 901-type signature where the mids are warm whereas (as some of you have read in the ZX1 thread) the Sony seemed to have a tad of the mids recessed a little. The resulting is the X5 feels a little closer staging but not by too much. The X5 does excel in imaging.

 

I'm gonna admit I didn't seem to hear anything out of the ordinary for the low and high end which kinda implies that it's quite full sounding - no roll offs anywhere that was glaring.

 

I had a smooth operation with the GUI and with the physical buttons/scrolls. Someone said they liked the metal wheel and I have to agree that I do too. Coming from the HM-901 where I do find the wheel a little finicky, the X5 scrolling is smooth and I actually do like the grated texture for better grip. Naturally I wasn't going crazy in scrolling so I can't tell if I'll have a sore or highly polished thumb by the end of of my use of it but I really do like the grip texture.

 

Currawong did encounter a OS hangup but a reboot fixed it. Bear in mind it's only a prototype so hopefully the distributor will provide feedback to the maker to fix.


thats very encouraging man!!

 

i don't have enough money for x5 but i was kinda hoping gui and interface are good as i was considering x1 next year.

glad the ui is smooth,it gives me hope:biggrin:

post #2653 of 19490
Waiting patiently 😎
post #2654 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

No,  please don't, Fiio!

 

Gold buttons look cheap & tacky, like a certain old (but admittedly good-sounding) DAP from one of your competitors.

+1!

It's not a toy for DAP's sake. It should have that understated looks to match with its high-fidelity sound! Put all those fancy stuff to the lower-end DAPs if you want but not with the serious X5. :)

post #2655 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
 

+1!

It's not a toy for DAP's sake. It should have that understated looks to match with its high-fidelity sound! Put all those fancy stuff to the lower-end DAPs if you want but not with the serious X5. :)


i like sony walkmans arrangement

 

lower models have very good interface and the buttons are built with specific purpose in mind,,,,granted it has no wheel but otherwise its well done

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread