or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 135

post #2011 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

This discussion has now got me a bit cold feet with the X5 purchase........ I thought it is supposed to be flagship...


On a personal note, I would consider anything with performance greater than the X3 to be flagship worthy. X3 is nearly there in terms of sound quality for me. I'm just looking for 15%~20% improvement for my $400. If I can get that I honestly will be out of the dap game for a couple years until things are just insanely better.

post #2012 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


On a personal note, I would consider anything with performance greater than the X3 to be flagship worthy. X3 is nearly there in terms of sound quality for me. I'm just looking for 15%~20% improvement for my $400. If I can get that I honestly will be out of the dap game for a couple years until things are just insanely better.


I love my X3mod especially when I need the ultra portability for holiday trips. When setting it to High Gain to pair with my Fitear Parterre, the SQ is more than acceptable. If I wish to increase the sound quality, I can put an external amp to refine the sound even a bit more. For commuting to work, I am now used to carrying my HM901 balance. I am also looking for portable closed phones to fully utilize this DAP. As for the DX50, due to its insane library scanning feature I just gave up and use it purely as a coax out transport to desktop DAC or PB2/DB2 at home....

 

after this technical talk, I am just thinking if it is impossible to reach hifi quality on portable audio without making it a stack, it does make it hard to invest in this "upgrade".... On the bright side, the E12DIY amp should arrive this month... it should be fun.....

post #2013 of 19484

I am waiting on these and the hm802 to decide which one would be my huge ass transport gear to be used inside the car 

post #2014 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

I am waiting on these and the hm802 to decide which one would be my huge ass transport gear to be used inside the car 

I read a review stating that 802 is for mid/vocal lover that the mid is more forward than 901 but treble extension is still not hifi.... I still cannot find anything to read about x5....
post #2015 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


I read a review stating that 802 is for mid/vocal lover that the mid is more forward than 901 but treble extension is still not hifi.... I still cannot find anything to read about x5....

No problem here about the treble , since i actually hate most audiophile charasteristic like neutral earphone/amp/dac. I am fine with it being colored with lush vocals 

 

i hope they both sound great though, i dont really favour one over the other that much

post #2016 of 19484

James what languages will the x5 support?  also what about the id tags will they support more languages than the GUI?   what about left-to-right languages?

post #2017 of 19484
subbed
post #2018 of 19484

The official announcement event of X5 will be next Saturday and Sunday (14-15) and take place at six different cities in China, and have to reserve seats if you want to join because there will be lucky draws with prizes like X5, X3, and E12....:tongue_smile:

Any head-fiers will or can join?


Edited by duyu - 12/6/13 at 12:48am
post #2019 of 19484

I,m in for the draw.

post #2020 of 19484
FiiO is doing it big!!!
post #2021 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

FiiO is doing it big!!!

 

 

LOL - I can see it now: "coming to a 'Fiio Flagship Store' near you!" :biggrin: 

 

 

Look out, Apple!

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 12/6/13 at 5:55am
post #2022 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


LOL - I can see it now: "coming to a 'Fiio Flagship Store' near you!" biggrin.gif  


Look out, Apple!


.

Apple - Average Consumer

FiiO - People like us biggrin.gif
post #2023 of 19484

http://fiio.com.cn/cn/news/

 

sorry I did not go thru all these pages, if anyone before me tell you this : --

 

Fiio will formally announce X5 in Mid Dec.

post #2024 of 19484

 

oh boy! look out the teaser......just like "conan the barbarian".:regular_smile :  I guessed why those 2 blades (sword) for? :wink:

post #2025 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post



I guessed why those 2 blades (sword) for? wink.gif

For more cool look
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread