or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 19484
Fiio can we please have DSD playback in X5 since will have a different chip then X3? thank you.
post #197 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Fiio can we please have DSD playback in X5 since will have a different chip then X3? thank you.

 

sorry not

post #198 of 19484

@James,

 

When 128gb microsd cards will be available, will we be able to use 128 x 2 on FiiO X5?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #199 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

@James,

 

When 128gb microsd cards will be available, will we be able to use 128 x 2 on FiiO X5?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

it should  but I can't confirm it right now till we get one and test by ourself. 

post #200 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

it should  but I can't confirm it right now till we get one and test by ourself. 

Okay James, thank you for the response. I just can not wait for it calmly, I want it now, in my pocket, on my desk wink.gif

post #201 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Fiio can we please have DSD playback in X5 since will have a different chip then X3? thank you.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

sorry not

 

This isn't a problem for me, but may I ask, James, is this because of a technical reason (hardware / firmware) or is it because of licensing?

 

I simply wish to understand why DSD playback is so rare in 24/192-capable DAPs.

 

Thankyou

post #202 of 19484
it is a technical reason.
post #203 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

it is a technical reason.

We should forget about the DSD and focus on the rich codec support X5 offer like X3.

James one more question please: will the X5 have a longer battery life compared to X3 and will the sound quality will be much better or just the same, but you will offer dual micro sd card,etc?

Hope it won't be a touch screen as I like the X3 format.

Kind regards,Levi


Edited by musicday - 5/20/13 at 6:09am
post #204 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

We should forget about the DSD and focus on the rich codec support X5 offer like X3.

James one more question please: will the X5 have a longer battery life compared to X3 and will the sound quality will be much better or just the same, but you will offer dual micro sd card,etc?

Hope it won't be a touch screen as I like the X3 format.

Kind regards,Levi

 

The battery of X5 may be 3500mAh, which bigger than the 3000mAh of X3. but the battery life may just a little longer than X3 because the PCM1792 consume far more power than WM8740 and the high quality OP will consume more power too.

 

The sound quality will be better than X3, in fact, dual WM8740 will be cheaper and consume less power but we believe one PCM1792 is better than dual 8740. just our opinion.

post #205 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

We should forget about the DSD and focus on the rich codec support X5 offer like X3.

James one more question please: will the X5 have a longer battery life compared to X3 and will the sound quality will be much better or just the same, but you will offer dual micro sd card,etc?

Hope it won't be a touch screen as I like the X3 format.

Kind regards,Levi

 

The battery of X5 may be 3500mAh, which bigger than the 3000mAh of X3. but the battery life may just a little longer than X3 because the PCM1792 consume far more power than WM8740 and the high quality OP will consume more power too.

 

The sound quality will be better than X3, in fact, dual WM8740 will be cheaper and consume less power but we believe one PCM1792 is better than dual 8740. just our opinion.

Wow!!! Great news, you guys at Fiio you know what you do.So if one PCM1792 will sound better then dual WM8740 will will take that.Will ES9018 be too expensive or is not worth to look into James?

post #206 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Wow!!! Great news, you guys at Fiio you know what you do.So if one PCM1792 will sound better then dual WM8740 will will take that.Will ES9018 be too expensive or is not worth to look into James?

 

ES9018 need a lots of power , and also quite expensive. 

post #207 of 19484
Alps potenciometer pls .
post #208 of 19484
Alps potenciometer volume control pls tongue.gif
post #209 of 19484

"Welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry about your wallet"

 

Posting once is fine already. tongue.gif

 

Would be interesting to have, I don't have any opinion.

post #210 of 19484
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjurny View Post

Alps potenciometer volume control pls tongue.gif


 That will be like going backward. The current digital volume control offers finer control and perfect balance that can't be found on Alps.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread