I'm fine if they release them even if the software is not that polished yet, as long as it does its main function which is to play music without crashing. Then improve them on future updates, so as not to torment those who are new to this kind of waiting games like me :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... Last post on 1/30/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
- Advice on portable player Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion Last post on 4/23/15 at 4:17pm in FiiO
- The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and... Last post on Today at 3:49 pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But there are those who get tormented by firmware issues (and quite frankly I can't blame them for it, unless they blindly think everything works as smoothly as an Apple product, which for my needs they never do), call the product half-baked (and that's putting it mildly given what others will say instead), then someone gets defensive about it, aaaaaaaaaand the thread gets derailed. It can be stable and operates in its basic function, but even if one does not expect it to function as "well" as an iDevice (none I owned ever did, save for Rockbox) in terms of how the files are sorted, if they all turn up properly, etc, it can ruin it for some people.
It can get to a point where just saying there are other options for a particular application can warrant your suggestion as a "giant irrelevant rant"
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 11/2/13 at 8:32am
Hello, James -
Will the X5 feature true gapless playback? It's a crucial feature for me; I listen to a great deal of western classical and other types of music for which there are often no gaps between tracks.
sure, I think X3 already meet the requirement of our user . anyway, one new picture of X5.
- The Fiio X5 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 second ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 headphone amp vs Objective 2 w/ AC adapter 8 minutes ago
- › New Sony MDR-CD900ST 9 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3