or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 918

post #13756 of 19481

Quicksilver?  A 60s psychedelic (sort-of) blues (sort of) band.  Two guitars, bass and drums.  Kinda Derek and the Dominos, Almann Bros, Dire Straits, but different.  

 

Cream was the first indulgent  go-forever riff band.  All others followed it.  Eric Clapton was called God then for a reason.

post #13757 of 19481

Here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWYNI3K5zS0

post #13758 of 19481
Some people don't like Sketches of Spain? blink.gif

Blasphemy, that's a fantastic album!!!
post #13759 of 19481

Miles Davis and Marcus Miller, an album that seems to be an homage to Sketches.  Worth a listen.

 

The SACD-ripped version of Sketches in DSD is really nice.  

 

And yes, if you cruise the Miles blogs, Sketches is often poo-poo'd.  

 

I say poo to them.  

 


Edited by olddude - 11/22/14 at 3:01pm
post #13760 of 19481
Will give that a listen @olddude 👍

EDIT: Do you mean the Siesta soundtrack by Miles Davis & Marcus Miller?
Edited by nmatheis - 11/22/14 at 2:59pm
post #13761 of 19481

I was trying to tell, sorry for my english, that if you downgrade Hi-res to 44.1/16, you will never be able to tell what was downgraded and what not. 

 

I am trying to say in english that it is a great ideea to down-convert, as hi-res audio, one song might take a LOT of space. [Until now i have only used x5 which was down-converting in it's core the high-resolution music anyways, so this might be the reason for that the full size high res and it's converted side sounded exactly the same...

 

a normal FLAC rip and a downgraded high res are different, the downgraded high res, being better, most of the times due to a remaster.

post #13762 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post

I was trying to tell, sorry for my english, that if you downgrade Hi-res to 44.1/16, you will never be able to tell what was downgraded and what not. 

I am trying to say in english that it is a great ideea to down-convert, as hi-res audio, one song might take a LOT of space. [Until now i have only used x5 which was down-converting in it's core the high-resolution music anyways, so this might be the reason for that the full size high res and it's converted side sounded exactly the same...

a normal FLAC rip and a downgraded high res are different, the downgraded high res, being better, most of the times due to a remaster.

Most important thing!!!
post #13763 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Will give that a listen @olddude 👍

EDIT: Do you mean the Siesta soundtrack by Miles Davis & Marcus Miller?


Nope, the Sketches is in hi-re

post #13764 of 19481

I have a feature request:

 

When my X1 is on, the little green indicator light on the bottom stays on.  This is great because I never forget to turn my X1 off.

 

I can't even count how many times I've left my X5 on, because the screen went to sleep, but music is still playing.  My E12 attached to it is turned off, so I'm none the wiser when I go to sleep that night..  I go to use my X5 in the morning, and it's near dead because it has been playing all night.

 

Do you think it would be possible to add a similar feature to the X5 where its indicator light stays on when it is still in operation?  This would help me a lot.

 

Or perhaps any other tips another member has to combat this problem?

post #13765 of 19481

I agree, I like the light too.  But isn't there an auto off in the X5 prefs?  Yes, yes there is- Auto Shutdown slider, and a timer to go with it.  And a Sleep Timer as well.  Do none of those turn it off?  

post #13766 of 19481
I have mine set to turn off after a few minutes of inactivity. I use it to fall asleep all the time and don't wake up to a dead X5.
post #13767 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifx View Post
 

I have a feature request:

 

When my X1 is on, the little green indicator light on the bottom stays on.  This is great because I never forget to turn my X1 off.

 

I can't even count how many times I've left my X5 on, because the screen went to sleep, but music is still playing.  My E12 attached to it is turned off, so I'm none the wiser when I go to sleep that night..  I go to use my X5 in the morning, and it's near dead because it has been playing all night.

 

Do you think it would be possible to add a similar feature to the X5 where its indicator light stays on when it is still in operation?  This would help me a lot.

 

Or perhaps any other tips another member has to combat this problem?

 

will ask our engineer to see if we can let the led turn on when the X5 is working , anyway, thanks for your  feedback and support.

post #13768 of 19481

Thanks, James.

post #13769 of 19481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

I have mine set to turn off after a few minutes of inactivity. I use it to fall asleep all the time and don't wake up to a dead X5.

 

Mine too. No problem for me.  The light indicator would be good BUT if it reduces the battery life significantly, I would rather not have the light on.

post #13770 of 19481
^ Yup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread