or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 676

post #10126 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

Does the light on yours ever turn from red to green or does it stay red indefinitely like mine?
I have no problem with the light, it changes colour okay when charged.

I do tend to let my X5 run down to low before charging and I use a 2.1 amp iPad charger.
post #10127 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

Does the light on yours ever turn from red to green or does it stay red indefinitely like mine?
Might be worth a try at re-setting the X5 in the pin hole on top, have you tried that?
post #10128 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post


Might be worth a try at re-setting the X5 in the pin hole on top, have you tried that?

I just tried that. Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back if it helps. 

post #10129 of 19490
Even though I've been here for nearly exactly 13 years (holy moly, where has that time gone!) - I still find this place toxic, poisonous to my wallet...

Having accidently left my E12 powered up, the battery went flat - in a state of panic, I used the X5 'nude', and actually have now found the E12 to sound quite thick, and syrupy...

As a consequence, i'm going to be demoing in the next couple of days a TTVJ Slim, Vorzuge Duo and a Sony PHA2 (okay, I know the DAC section will be redundant with this!) - No idea if I'll buy any, or maybe even all of them, but - seems the E12's days may be numbered...

Damned Head-Fi, and its wallet draining possibilities!!
post #10130 of 19490
You could always continue to run it naked. It should drive your efficient iems perfectly as well as saving huge demands on your wallet...
post #10131 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

BRICKED

So, after owning this thing for maybe 2 months or so now, my X5 has completely died on me. I've tried taking the memory cards out and restarting it, nothing. I also tried hitting the reset button which led to more black screen. What the heck is with high-end audio these days, my SE846's died within a week of owning them (and they are marketed as a $1000 IEM) and now my X5 dies within 2 months. Hope FIIO's customer service is good so I can get this thing replaced as I was really enjoying it, even if I had to put up with a little track skipping and stuttering. But for a product to die within 2 months makes me wonder how long exactly these things will hold up in the long run. Has anyone else's X5 died on them, or am I the 1st to experience this? Also, the battery was fully charged, so it's not just the battery that died.

OMG aren't rough on your stuff biggrin.gif thank god there is a one year warranty. smily_headphones1.gif

Any item I buy and think of keeping for a while I usually purchase an extended warranty for it, you just never know could last over 3 years like it can die after a year and one day.

I find that in average once an item die and I get a replacement, the second one last for a while. Don't think it's the exception, I have had Apple products die a month after purchase, those things happen.
post #10132 of 19490

I should be getting my X5 by Saturday (June 7th) and of course, I'm very excited.  I will be pairing it with a UniqueMelody modified TF10 and wish I could use my Audiotechnica A900. Unfortunately, something is wrong with it, the right channel keeps cutting out and my warantee is expired. It's a pity, since the bad connection happened soon after I bought it. Just didn't bother to send it back until it was too late.

I'm thinking of getting it fixed locally but not by an AT specialist and I'd like to make the cables go to both sides of the A900 (no, not the latest one with the 'x'). Also, I'd like to make the cables detachable so I can upgrade to better cables later on and satisfy that inevitable upgrade-atitis that plagues all of us from time to time, lol. If I can get it done w/o too much expense, then I will, otherwise, I don't think I'll bother b/c I plan to get the P7s. They have the qualities I want including portability, high SQ and sexy looks.

Anybody like to comment on my situation and do you think the A900 would pair well with the X5?

post #10133 of 19490
Scary thing happened to my X5. Was listening to 'the Dark Knight Rises' soundtrack (ALAC 16/44.1 CD rip) and the X5 locked up at the end of the album. eek.gif

Tried holding the power button (for around 20 seconds). Nothing. blink.gif

Tried the rest hole. Nothing. blink.gif

Pushed every other button in a panic. Nothing. blink.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm. rolleyes.gif

Nothing worked until I plugged it in to my iPad charger and turned it on while plugged in.
Boom! Back to life! biggrin.gif
Issue resolved for me. cool.gif

Until now I've really not had any crashes or problems and I haven't heard of this before so thought I'd report it for you guys.

My card is Sandisk 64gb formatted with the X5, no skipping or stuttering issues, including high rez and DSD. I'll check the album for tag or artwork issues.

Edit: forgot to mention I charged the X5 fully before I listened to the album.
Edited by x RELIC x - 6/4/14 at 5:46pm
post #10134 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post

Scary thing happened to my X5. Was listening to 'the Dark Knight Rises' soundtrack (ALAC 16/44.1 CD rip) and the X5 locked up at the end of the album. eek.gif

Tried holding the power button (for around 20 seconds). Nothing. blink.gif

Tried the rest hole. Nothing. blink.gif

Pushed every other button in a panic. Nothing. blink.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm. rolleyes.gif

Nothing worked until I plugged it in to my iPad charger and turned it on while plugged in.
Boom! Back to life! biggrin.gif
Issue resolved for me. cool.gif

Until now I've really not had any crashes or problems and I haven't heard of this before so thought I'd report it for you guys.

My card is Sandisk 64gb formatted with the X5, no skipping or stuttering issues, including high rez and DSD. I'll check the album for tag or artwork issues.

Do you think that the depletion of the battery coincided with the end of the album?

post #10135 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post

Do you think that the depletion of the battery coincided with the end of the album?

Well that would be painfully obvious wouldn't it?
No. I just charged the X5 before I listened to the album. Forgot to mention this.

Repeat, battery was full when this happened. Just reporting for you guys.
Edited by x RELIC x - 6/4/14 at 6:11pm
post #10136 of 19490

Congradulations Fiio! My initial impressions is I like the sound of X5 over the DX90.  I was not impressed with past Fiio products and didn't expect this, but you cannot know until you hear it yourself.  

post #10137 of 19490

What up with media library scanning freezing the player?  I don't want to format my SD card.  :(  Is formating my SD card on the Fiio the solution?

post #10138 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

What up with media library scanning freezing the player?  I don't want to format my SD card.  frown.gif   Is formating my SD card on the Fiio the solution?

Could be the problem. Formatting the card with the player has solved many problems, but not all. It should be standard practice though, and is pretty quick, although obviously transferring music back to the card could take some time.

If the media library update freezes then it could be a buggered tag in a track the X5 does not recognize or it could be stuck on an unknown file in the folders like .pdf, or the artwork may be too large, or using a file format for artwork other than .jpg.
post #10139 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


Could be the problem. Formatting the card with the player has solved many problems, but not all. It should be standard practice though, and is pretty quick, although obviously transferring music back to the card could take some time.

If the media library update freezes then it could be a buggered tag in a track the X5 does not recognize or it could be stuck on an unknown file in the folders like .pdf, or the artwork may be too large, or using a file format for artwork other than .jpg.

Nevermind, I didn't know you can play via folders.  That's good enough for me.  

post #10140 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

Nevermind, I didn't know you can play via folders.  That's good enough for me.  

You should be aware that others have had playback issues such as stuttering and track skipping and freezing/lockups when they did not format on the player. I would do it anyway to avoid any issues.

But hey, if your card works currently then that's great. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread