The following information was
I) either translated from a review article which was referred to by Fiio: http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1450426 ; or
II) obtained directly here at HEadfi from comments of JamesFiio (Fiio's CEO, also a Headfi member).
1. X5 will probably sell at around RMB 2500, which is around twice of that of X3.
2. X5 adopts PCM1792DAC and accepts dual TF/microSD cards. Amp section may adopt opa 1612 plus dual LMH 6643. The power of X5's headphone amp is about the same as that of Fiio X3. Voltage swing is 12 V.
In X5, four OPA1612 work as I/V convertor and low fass filer and votage amplifer. There is also OPA1612 which includes two channels in one chip. Additionally, two LMH6643 work as buffer, each for one channel (LMH6643 includes two channels in one chip).
3. X5 is wider than X3 by 1 cm (about same width as iPod Classic). X5 is thinner than X3 and of about the same length of X3.
4. The exterior design of X5 is very solid and case is made of alloy. X5 adopts a mechanical wheel control system. The exact details cannot be disclosed for now.
5. X5 is expected to adopt 2.4'' IPS 400X360, so its display screen would be much better than X3. Such IPS screen was used in blackberry 9105/9100.
6. The production quality of X5 is expected to be on par of iPod Classic or D50.
7. UI would be a completely different design than that of X3. X5's UI should be much better than that of X3.
8. The engineer sample of X5 should be expected in October 2013 and production should occur in end of 2013.
9. Fiio's CEO (Headfi user: JamesFiio) said within his group that if X5 fails to hit market by end of 2013, he/she would do a nude run on street.
10. X5 will likely adopt a 3500mAh battery.
11. X5 will have dual microSD slots but will not have build in memory. This is because some of the latest technologies, such as a chip integrated with DRAM and flash, are used in X5 to increase speed and save capacity.
12. Headphone out and line out will be on the top panel of X5.
13. X5 will have digital coaxial out, line out, headphone out, USB DAC (USB input) and dual microSD slots, which would be all the inputs and outputs of X5.
14. The following photos of X5 can also be found on pages 91, 96, 103 and 104.
15. X5 will start to support DSD in around March 2014 (see James Fiio's comments on page 97-98).
Edited by zzffnn - 11/4/13 at 7:22am