Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 650

post #9736 of 11329
Bought the x5 yesterday, its the Japanese Edition so it was a pretty penny, but Im loving it so far!

Quick question to the Fiios Reps: Do one of you know when the hs6 will be available to purchase in Japan?
post #9737 of 11329

any idea what causes the updating of media library to freeze when doing manual updating?

 

I just added tons of songs and it just freeze at the "No 1538", don't tell me I have to remove 1 by 1 to check which one causing the problem? 

post #9738 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas707 View Post
 

any idea what causes the updating of media library to freeze when doing manual updating?

 

I just added tons of songs and it just freeze at the "No 1538", don't tell me I have to remove 1 by 1 to check which one causing the problem? 

 

Are you using two mSD cards?

Did you format the card in the X5?

post #9739 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


Agreed, but even well respected brands have had issues when not formatted with the device. wink.gif

X3 and X5 both have had their share of this and pretty much every time (aside from messed up tags, files, and artwork) the solution was to format the cards with the player. Super easy to troubleshoot as well, should be #1 on the list of things to do.


OK and thanks for your input.  I admit to being sceptical; I figured fat32 is fat32, but I saved all my music to my computer and formatted both cards in the X5 then re-copied all my files back to the respective cards (a tiresomely slow process).  So far I have not experienced any playback issues with the 192 and 96 24 bit files that were troublesome before.  I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format.  I wonder whether the fact that I added and moved some folders from card to card could be a factor?  Now that I have re-formatted and re-copied I assume all the files are contiguous, perhaps that might help with playback?


Edited by Canaudio - 5/25/14 at 3:50pm
post #9740 of 11329

Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?

post #9741 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachicamo View Post

Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?
I use my iPad charger for the X5 with no problems.
post #9742 of 11329
I have just noticed that I'm in the 100 club. 😊
post #9743 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachicamo View Post
 

Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?

 

It will blow out of joy! The X5 battery is large enough to take the load. I use the iPad charger (5V, 10 Watts) for all of my daps and so far none of them have blown up ;). The big payoff the battery charges in record time. You can also use the iPhone one but it will be slower charging because of being of a less power output (5V, 5 Watts) takes lets say twice as long :biggrin:.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post

I have just noticed that I'm in the 100 club. 😊

 

Welcome to the head-fi gossiper club 100+. :beerchug: 

post #9744 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

It will blow out of joy! The X5 battery is large enough to take the load. I use the iPad charger (5V, 10 Watts) for all of my daps and so far none of them have blown up wink.gif . The big payoff the battery charges in record time. You can also use the iPhone one but it will be slower charging because of being of a less power output (5V, 5 Watts) takes lets say twice as long biggrin.gif .


Welcome to the head-fi gossiper club 100+. beerchug.gif  
Many thanks to you my friend and all the other very helpful people here.
post #9745 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post

I have just noticed that I'm in the 100 club. 😊

Nice achievement! I hope I can reach that benchmark soon!

post #9746 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaudio View Post

I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format. 

Solid state storage devices are an exercise in chaos theory. They are engineered for redundancy because bits gradually corrupt over time. There's nothing you can do to fight the chaos of the universe, sorry. 

post #9747 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchy View Post

Nice achievement! I hope I can reach that benchmark soon!
Just ask anything you want to no matter how silly you think it might be, as all the people here are great and very helpful.
post #9748 of 11329

Hey guys, I've created a poll with mockups of different lockscreen configurations. Please take a quick moment to vote for your favorite at:

 

[POLL] Fiio X5 Lockscreens - Choose your favorites!
started on 05/25/14 last post 07/23/14 at 8:04am 8 replies 403 views
post #9749 of 11329

Hey searchy

 

If it's not too much problem for you - can you please just post in the default font (I'm honestly not sure why you insist in using a much larger font).  Your posts are always too large on screen - and it plays havoc when viewing on a mobile device.  Thanks in advance.

post #9750 of 11329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaudio View Post


OK and thanks for your input.  I admit to being sceptical; I figured fat32 is fat32, but I saved all my music to my computer and formatted both cards in the X5 then re-copied all my files back to the respective cards (a tiresomely slow process).  So far I have not experienced any play back issues with the 192 and 96 24 bit files that were troublesome before.  I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format.  I wonder whether the fact that I added and moved some folders from card to card could be a factor?  Now that I have re-formatted and re-copied I assume all the files are contiguous, perhaps that might help with payback?

Glad you got it going! biggrin.gif

My best guess would be, as I hinted earlier, the allocation unit size. There is always a trade off between space and speed when formatting a drive. For example, an allocation unit size of 512kb (less space used for data) will be much slower than an allocation unit size of 4096kb (more 'slack' for reasonable operating speed). I'm not a computer tech wiz or anything, just my observations when formatting drives. As the card fills up there's less performance 'wiggle room'.

The X3 went through soooo many growing pains simply because everyone had to format their cards with their own software. That's the reason the Fiio devices come with the proper format tool installed.

I just hope other new users can search the thread, read this and follow the advice. If problems still occur then troubleshooting can be focused on the files, tags, and artwork. wink.gif
Edited by x RELIC x - 5/25/14 at 3:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014