Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 609

post #9121 of 11954

Given that some are complaining it's too warm and others are complaining it's too cold, and they've included a custom EQ either way, they've probably got it just right.

 

AFAIK they intend to include more customisable EQ in future firmware updates as well.


Edited by thericochet - 5/12/14 at 5:59am
post #9122 of 11954

Not so much for me. I found it both. Too warm in the lower registers and too emphasized in the lower treble. It just didn't get out of the way for me. I could see someone who is sensitive to either noticing one or the other more. Of course, it may just be me as well but being called out for both doesn't automatically make it overall just right. 

post #9123 of 11954

hey guys i went to sand a clear case for the x5 for an hr and this is what i got :P hs6 has a back case i over did it abit but it works :P

 

post #9124 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Not so much for me. I found it both. Too warm in the lower registers and too emphasized in the lower treble. It just didn't get out of the way for me. I could see someone who is sensitive to either noticing one or the other more. Of course, it may just be me as well but being called out for both doesn't automatically make it overall just right. 

I concur to some extent. For me, X5 is a little bit too dark (but I don't think that this results from bass emphasis but rather from lack of transparency in the midbass/lower mids) and at the same time upper mids/lower treble were emphasized. Nevertheless I liked the sound of X5, very musical and natural, but not so neutral/balanced.
post #9125 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post
 

hey guys i went to sand a clear case for the x5 for an hr and this is what i got :P hs6 has a back case i over did it abit but it works :P

 

I plan on doing the same thing. I have the Clear case and the HS6 on the way. When the HS6 arrives. I'll be sanding down the clear case so they both fit perfectly.

 

What have you used? I have a Dremel rotating tool that I'll probably use to sand down/polish the plastic case.

post #9126 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 View Post
 

 

I plan on doing the same thing. I have the Clear case and the HS6 on the way. When the HS6 arrives. I'll be sanding down the clear case so they both fit perfectly.

 

What have you used? I have a Dremel rotating tool that I'll probably use to sand down/polish the plastic case.

haha i used sandpaper lol

post #9127 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post
 

haha i used sandpaper lol

 

Close enough. :o

 

Did you need to remove much of the clear case to have them both fit perfectly?

post #9128 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 View Post
 

 

Close enough. :o

 

Did you need to remove much of the clear case to have them both fit perfectly?

not reallyi actually believe all u need is to remove about 3-4mm of material lol i overdid it haha i was too prudence! DAMN THE INNER Accountant in me! lol 

 

PS: its quite beautiful with my e12 :D


Edited by fumoffuXx - 5/12/14 at 7:21am
post #9129 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post

hey guys i went to sand a clear case for the x5 for an hr and this is what i got :P hs6 has a back case i over did it abit but it works :P


Any chance of some more pictures? Please
post #9130 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68 View Post
 

Does anyone here notice high gain sounds noticeably better than low gain setting? When I turned on high gain mode and lower the volume down to roughly same level as I was listing under low gain, I can hear the instruments clearer and more forward through DN-2000.

Yes, I do and noted this along with my volume issues in an earlier post. I sent FIIO an email but haven't heard back from them yet.

post #9131 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post
 

not reallyi actually believe all u need is to remove about 3-4mm of material lol i overdid it haha i was too prudence! DAMN THE INNER Accountant in me! lol 

 

PS: its quite beautiful with my e12 :D

 

Great thanks! You confirm what I was assuming.

 

Fiio could do a "low profile" plastic case that fits with the HS6.

post #9132 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomet View Post


Any chance of some more pictures? Please

sorry for the amp blocking too much trouble to remove it after i put it back perfectly lol so here are somemore pictures :)

 

 

im sure someone with good shop skills can do a better job than me lol

post #9133 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post

sorry for the amp blocking too much trouble to remove it after i put it back perfectly lol so here are somemore pictures smily_headphones1.gif










im sure someone with good shop skills can do a better job than me lol
Thank you, it looks ok and something for me to think about.
post #9134 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffuXx View Post

sorry for the amp blocking too much trouble to remove it after i put it back perfectly lol so here are somemore pictures smily_headphones1.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








im sure someone with good shop skills can do a better job than me lol

Looks good, does it fit "seamlessly" on the HS6, or is it a bit thinner/thicker?
post #9135 of 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Looks good, does it fit "seamlessly" on the HS6, or is it a bit thinner/thicker?

oh good sir, the hs6 is a couple of mm thicker than the clear case but with everything in place IT IS AWESOME TO HOLD hahahaha

 

good for self defense too.. can smash a robber in the face and it might still work :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014