Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 565

post #8461 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post
 

 

Playing DSD file from the adapter.

It has a blinking light while reading.

 

 

That looks cool:dt880smile:

post #8462 of 13233

Does anyone found the scroll wheel direction operates in reverse to the main menu?

post #8463 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertchai View Post

Does anyone found the scroll wheel direction operates in reverse to the main menu?

You would've found that answer even if you had read 2 pages back, my friend.
post #8464 of 13233
Okay, I'm learning to eat humble pie, was so complacent that the HTC M8 was great (impedance issues aside) that even after ordering the X5 I was sceptical that I'd hear any benefit due to the low cost (read that as good value!) of the X5...

How wrong was I?! On the bus right now in a world of sonic bliss smily_headphones1.gif

DEFINITELY going to support FiiO with the development of the X7 if I get opportunity, and will preorder at the earliest opportunity.

X5/E12 also looks (and fits!) better in jacket pocket than Sony ZX1/PHA2 smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you all at FiiO for your constant innovation / development smily_headphones1.gif
post #8465 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

How wrong was I?! On the bus right now in a world of sonic bliss smily_headphones1.gif
 

 

It's pretty damn good isn't it:beerchug:

post #8466 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Not that i know of.
In fact, i don't even know the origin of the windows version(yes, it's from FiiO, but i don't know where they released it to)

I'm more than happy to give you an unpacked copy of the 2.0 firmware, and will pack it again too.

Here's the link to the unpacked firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w2n31w8tgmlmp6/x5.zip



The firmware i provided (unpacked) is the stock version, the scrollwheel direction can be "changed" by editing the /coordinate/launcher.ini file.

The numbers show the coordinates of the icons,

x = horizontal position

y = vertical position

= icon height

= icon width

"0" is the top icon
"1" is the 2nd
"2" is the middle icon
Etcetera

"5" is the scrollwheel you see on the left.

so for changing the direction you have to simply replace the position values for 0 with 4, 1 with 3. As the center icon stays centered, and the scrollwheel in the same place, you don't have to edit these.

Next you'll have to change the icons for the top and bottom positions. You can do that by renaming the icons :

you can find the icons in \litegui\theme1\launcher\

category_s_down_0.png
And
category_s_up_0.png

Need to be switched
Same for the others (Collect, EQ, Explorer, Play, Playing, Sys_set)

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it possible to change the order of the icons, so that it will default to "Folder" on power up?

post #8467 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post

Thanks for the explanation.
Is it possible to change the order of the icons, so that it will default to "Folder" on power up?

Won't be as long as we can't decipher the .bin (binary) files.
And that won't happen as long as it's not open source.
post #8468 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH13 View Post
 

 

It's pretty damn good isn't it:beerchug:


I love the detailing and clarity, however unfortunately something is missing at the bottom end.  Why does something always gotta be compromised?  I feel like even if i went and got the ak240, it wont matter because it'll probably be missing one or the other end of the sound spectrum like all the other daps.  I don't mean to be a downer, its just something I've observed from the many portable players I've owned in the past and I guess it's starting to wear me out.


Edited by chengsta - 5/3/14 at 8:38am
post #8469 of 13233

...so I have never been an IEM person, but I have a conference coming up in a couple of months, and my earbuds (Blox M2C) and my Grados (open back madness) won't cut it on the bus drive down, or in the crowded halls/hotel rooms, etc...

 

I am looking for a budget monster to pair with my X5. Anyone got any recommendations? Preference is something under $50 that won't have the cable go over my ear, but will simply hang down...

post #8470 of 13233
Chengsta,

What can you find missing? Extension, depth, both? Using E12 has made me happier than using just headphone out, but would like to hear your thoughts...
post #8471 of 13233
Probably go with the zero audio dx-200 aka tenore😃😎
post #8472 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

...so I have never been an IEM person, but I have a conference coming up in a couple of months, and my earbuds (Blox M2C) and my Grados (open back madness) won't cut it on the bus drive down, or in the crowded halls/hotel rooms, etc...

I am looking for a budget monster to pair with my X5. Anyone got any recommendations? Preference is something under $50 that won't have the cable go over my ear, but will simply hang down...

If you don't see yourself using it much, Xaiomi pistons are only $25 and are getting fantastic reviews + greatly benefit from modding (getting compared to ~$100 iems)

If you're using an iphone get the IF version, as standard are for android. Also, they may smell like chocolate, but as long as that's not a problem, highly reccomended.
Edited by Hapster - 5/3/14 at 8:57am
post #8473 of 13233
I'm missing nothing with the sound..but also im using it alot and also burn in my iems with it😊
post #8474 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post
 


I love the detailing and clarity, however unfortunately something is missing at the bottom end.  Why does something always gotta be compromised?  I feel like even if i went and got the ak240, it wont matter because it'll probably be missing one or the other end of the sound spectrum like all the other daps.  I don't mean to be a downer, its just something I've observed from the many portable players I've owned in the past and I guess it's starting to wear me out.

 

I couldn't cope with any more bass with my IEMs or cans!  Do you mean quantity?

post #8475 of 13233
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post
 

...so I have never been an IEM person, but I have a conference coming up in a couple of months, and my earbuds (Blox M2C) and my Grados (open back madness) won't cut it on the bus drive down, or in the crowded halls/hotel rooms, etc...

 

I am looking for a budget monster to pair with my X5. Anyone got any recommendations? Preference is something under $50 that won't have the cable go over my ear, but will simply hang down...


  Joker is probably the guy to consult:

Encyclopedia du Joker (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014