Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 54

post #796 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

Very long delay, if they can bring it out to the chinese market at the end of 2013, then why do the rest of us have to wait so long? 

 

Because FiiO is a chinese based company. Much easier to pass along their inventory to local retailers than to ship international. I also remember James saying that releasing to the chinese market is sort of like a test run. They are much more critical of products than the rest of the world. 


Edited by Greed - 7/12/13 at 1:49pm
post #797 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Because FiiO is a chinese based company. Much easier to pass along their inventory to local retailers than to ship international. I also remember James saying that releasing to the chinese market is sort of like a test run. They are much more critical of products than the rest of the world. 


Which apparently isn't appreciated in this part of the world, even as far as with suggestions..  That's always the case here and it is in fact what I've always appreciated about the Asian market.  Not in all cases, but in many cases, they take more pride in what they do and respect the process of what it takes to truly optimize your product.

 

Here, it's as if people are scared of admitting to themselves any room for improvement.  People HAVE to be satisfied with what they are given and strive to be conservative.  It's disgusting and actually REALLY bad in many ways.  It's certainly a huge cultural factor which hurts our economy.  We apparently need "Sputnik moments" to only then try and actually strive and achieve the greatest.  This mentality reaches very far down, that which happened here just now being a very simple case in point. It's frustrating, and actually, really quite pointlessly and painfully stifling...


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/12/13 at 2:12pm
post #798 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

Well at least that's some consolation. bigsmile_face.gif

 

Is it? IS IT...??

 

blink.gif

post #799 of 12743
Thread Starter 
Typhoon859,
What you wished for (i.e., SPDIf input and Spotify) would not be on X5 (remember X5 is hitting market in 6 months -- too late to change hardware significantly).

If you want the future Fiio X7 to have certain features, why don't you open a new thread entitled "Fiio X7 wish list" or "A dream DAP wish list". Have a poll regarding features there so it may help guiding Fiio or other DAP makers. Be open minded as your wish list may be very different than someone else's (e.g., someone else is entitled to consider having SPDIF input on X7 a waste of money in view of Fiio E17) . Venting your frustration in this X5 thread does not produce anything.
post #800 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

Typhoon859,
What you wished for (i.e., SPDIf input and Spotify) would not be on X5 (remember X5 is hitting market in 6 months -- too late to change hardware significantly).

If you want the future Fiio X7 to have certain features, why don't you open a new thread entitled "Fiio X7 wish list" or "A dream DAP wish list". Have a poll regarding features there so it may help guiding Fiio or other DAP makers. Be open minded as your wish list may be very different than someone else's (e.g., someone else is entitled to consider having SPDIF input on X7 a waste of money in view of Fiio E17) . Venting your frustration in this X5 thread does not produce anything.


Will the E17 have a can opener and corkscrew?

post #801 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Will the E17 have a can opener and corkscrew?

 

Send $249.99 to me and I'll do a white wine mod with the WWE17 for the corkscrew, and for only an additional $199.99, I'd even upgrade it to WWE17-s for you which will have the can opener.  Just pay direct via paypal to kkcc@whitewineaudio.com 

post #802 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

Typhoon859,
What you wished for (i.e., SPDIf input and Spotify) would not be on X5 (remember X5 is hitting market in 6 months -- too late to change hardware significantly).

If you want the future Fiio X7 to have certain features, why don't you open a new thread entitled "Fiio X7 wish list" or "A dream DAP wish list". Have a poll regarding features there so it may help guiding Fiio or other DAP makers. Be open minded as your wish list may be very different than someone else's (e.g., someone else is entitled to consider having SPDIF input on X7 a waste of money in view of Fiio E17) . Venting your frustration in this X5 thread does not produce anything.


This is entirely just how you're spinning it.  This IS NOT my wish list for "dream DAP" nor is what I mentioned about it venting frustration, so don't be conflating my ideas.  That would be idiotic and pointless of me to do.  I THEN GOT frustrated with precisely the thing I described regarding the kind of attitude that's generally taken, in this case you.  You're undercutting what I said because of your own complacency by using underhanded tactics, whether knowingly so or not, in this case by working backwards from what I said.  In the previous post, I literally address what you now say I've been doing ("venting frustration").  Furthermore, this is bringing it off-topic. 

 

While it may be the case that it's to late to make a change of this sort (even though the X3 only just came out), that's not what you said now is it?  If that's what you said to begin with, something like, "Oh, that would be interesting to see but unfortunately it may be too late", nothing like this would've happened.  It's not me that's doing anything.  I'm sorry, but while well hid under a well-intentioned surface level, the suggestion have posted this elsewhere is pretentious at best.  And once again, it's not about my wish list vs. others.  The suggestion entirely only adds to a wider appeal for more purpose.  In any case, it was just an idea.  I don't mind debating it, but instead you chose to respond in very plain dismissive and meaningless manner.  Plus, talking about a "dream DAP" would be missing the point entirely of what I said (and if there was one for me, I imagine this would actually be it, as was once again the point). 


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/13/13 at 1:34pm
post #803 of 12743
Thread Starter 
Typhoon859, I will stop responding to you from now on, for the sake of this X5 thread. We are not productive at that debate.
post #804 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

On the brighter side though - seeing him/her do it will be quite amusing...
James is a male smily_headphones1.gif There are a few female James in this world but I can assure you he is a he.

biggrin.gif
post #805 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


James is a male smily_headphones1.gif There are a few female James in this world but I can assure you he is a he.

biggrin.gif

 dangling jimmy...

post #806 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

Typhoon859, I will stop responding to you from now on, for the sake of this X5 thread. We are not productive at that debate.

I agree.  Only, it could've been on track to begin with.  Oh well, once again there goes the possibility for a potentially valuable discussion.  It could've easily went onto further constructive ideas, like say from others. Instead..  Eh, oh well.  I should be used to this by now.  The blame certainly can't be put on you though; just look at the other comments surrounding ours when people actually did decide to "chip in".  I don't think anything is even necessary to further address...

 

Anyway, yeah; nothing productive can happen here so I'm gone.  Let the normal flow of things here continue...


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/13/13 at 4:18am
post #807 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

Is it? IS IT...??

 

blink.gif


LOL!

post #808 of 12743

A bit disappionted about X5 will not support DSD, personally I don't think it is a technical issue, it should be a license issue, but if Fiio willing to, they could block the DSD feature in official firmware, but unofficially open to some third parties to do a jail break firmware.

post #809 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldkenn View Post

A bit disappionted about X5 will not support DSD, personally I don't think it is a technical issue, it should be a license issue, but if Fiio willing to, they could block the DSD feature in official firmware, but unofficially open to some third parties to do a jail break firmware.

here's the thing: DSD may not be compatible with certain (hardware)components used for the X5

If it's a license issue, giving out your firmware code to any other parties isn't a very sensible thing to do, it might brick your device if you use their firmware. And giving out an unofficial firmware will still lead to them having to pay for using proprietary software/code.
post #810 of 12743
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldkenn View Post

A bit disappionted about X5 will not support DSD, personally I don't think it is a technical issue, it should be a license issue, but if Fiio willing to, they could block the DSD feature in official firmware, but unofficially open to some third parties to do a jail break firmware.

A bit disappointed? How many digital audio player you know that supports DSD? How many of us need it?

 

I think apart from Japanese special HDP R10, nothing supports DSD and I see nobody crying around why there is no DSD.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014