Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 468

post #7006 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by emklap View Post



you beat me by only 36minutes, I don't hope that I have wait for the next shipment.cool.gif
Enjoy your new toy.L3000.gif

Actually, it was at 3.30 AM :) 

post #7007 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalmk6 View Post

Actually, it was at 3.30 AM smily_headphones1.gif 
oooops, looks like I was sleeping for12 hours. tongue.gif
post #7008 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by subver View Post
 

 

Actually another option that I would KILL to have is being able to omit Artists in the Artists category view if the artist is only on a compilation. Does that make sense?

For example, I have a compilation CD with multiple bands (CBGB's and the Birth of US Punk) - but would prefer them to not show up as an artist in the artist view (or maybe showing the compilation album as an artist?)

 

I guess I'm not sure of a better solution. Maybe the option to omit certain artists from the Artist list?

 

Does anyone have any other suggestions for this? Not really a huge deal, but it would make me happy :)

 

 

 

Also maybe having the Artist list use the ARTISTSORT ID3 tags? So instead of all the bands starting with "The" being listed together, and without naming the band "Whoevers, The" they would list in the proper order.

 

Thanks!

Just trying to think of all the little things I would love to have

even desktop apps have this issue too. It's a simple 10 second fix. I change artist name to "compilation name" various artists. I do this in media monkey in bulk and works great!

post #7009 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post
 

even desktop apps have this issue too. It's a simple 10 second fix. I change artist name to "compilation name" various artists. I do this in media monkey in bulk and works great!

Yeah, I don't really like that option, either, though, because then where do you put the artist name? The artist name should be the artist name no matter what.

 

I'm just being picky, though, it's really not a big deal. iPods couldn't do that either.

post #7010 of 12117

For compilations, I usually put "Various Artists" in the ALBUM Artist tag and the actual artist in the Artist tag. Unfortunately, the X5 doesn't let you make the distinction when using the library sort. But, when I copy the files to the SD card, my folder structure goes \Album Artist\Album\Tracks. That way at least my folder view doesn't have a bunch of folders with single track artists.

 

The ipod interface handles this better, because you can check a box in iTunes that sets an album as a compilation and on the iPod, there is a Compilations section to browse.


Edited by nafran - 4/14/14 at 12:52pm
post #7011 of 12117

^^ This is a pretty easy implementation.    As mentioned, use "Album Artist" as the first priority for sorting, and, if that field is not available, then use "Artist".

 

Of course, in order to increase the odds of having your ID3 tags to be read by the X3 and DX50 - and, by all accounts, the X5 as well - you will have to delete the Album Artist field, so that kinda leaves you with no place to go.

post #7012 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafran View Post
 

For compilations, I usually put "Various Artists" in the ALBUM Artist tag and the actual artist in the Artist tag. Unfortunately, the X5 doesn't let you make the distinction when using the library sort. But, when I copy the files to the SD card, my folder structure goes \Album Artist\Album\Tracks. That way at least my folder view doesn't have a bunch of folders with single track artists.

 

The ipod interface handles this better, because you can check a box in iTunes that sets an album as a compilation and on the iPod, there is a Compilations section to browse.

 

Ah that must be what it is, because I still have my compilation markers set up, I didn't realize X5 didn't do anything with them.

And you're right - I should honestly just use folder structure view - it's what I would essentially have set up with proper tags sorted by artist. I also structure it Artist \ Album \ Tracks so that will at least be easier to view.. compilations can be their own folder in with the "Artists"

 

It's honestly not a huge deal, but it would be really cool if we could somehow have the options of sorting by and displaying whatever tags we wished! I know that is a lot to ask for, and I'm certainly not asking for it all, but maybe down the road we could work with tags and organization a little more? (Also would enjoy playlists, but I don't really use those much either)

post #7013 of 12117

Another, more minor niggle: the screen cuts off the bottom eighth, I'd say, of all my album art. It'd be nice if, for square images, the player would fit them into the available space with black bars on the sides.

post #7014 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by subver View Post
 

This thread is moving too fast for me to keep up with it.

 

1) Does anyone have any photos or suggestions on a temporary bundle setup for X5 and E12, at least until I can buy the bundle accessory? It is not working out with these rubber bands (I have one at the top of the X5 screen and one over the center of the scroll wheel. It works, but is obviously annoying and I can only spin half the wheel)

 

2) Does anyone have an IC cable recommendation for E12 to X5 line outs? The FiiO one is way too long and gets in the way of everything. I want something that won't get in the way of the headphone port and volume knob! Something without a wire would be great, actually.. just 2 3.5mm male ports connected to each other that fit perfectly would be amazing...

 

3) When will we be able to buy the X5 accessories? There are at least 3 items I would love to have! The E12 X5 bundle for certain.

 

 

Thanks guys!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


Maybe you can try these Scotch reusable sticky strips?  I reviewed them here for use with my E18/Note 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50763714&postcount=105 - very clean and secure attachment.


twister had an idea, i just sticked silicon cover to e12 with double-sided tape and now it's possible to easy remove e12 when needed; made ic myself. and you need thin tape,

thick kind doesn't stick to silicon well.

 

post #7015 of 12117
Hey guys!

I pre-ordered the X5 and after reading those bunch of comments on this thread, I'm thinking about buying an E12 for it.

I'm just really not sure if I would need it or really benefit from it. I'm new in this and like some people said, sorry for my wallet entering here :-P

The thing is I have V-moda m-100, they are low impedance (32 ohm I think) and sensitive, so I suppose I wouldn't need an amp... But I've read the impedance sometimes doesn't mean the headphones could not benefit from an amp... And they have 50 mm drivers, is this something that matters?

Hehe thanks for any future advice.

TLDR; would I benefit to add an E12 to my X5 with v-moda m -100?

Thanks!
post #7016 of 12117
I don't think the E12 would really be necessary with the V-Modas. May be an improvement but if they aren't that hard to drive I would say save your money and just spend it on some hi res music instead for your X5 smily_headphones1.gif
post #7017 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanHarte View Post
 

How will you know if MP4Nation is shipping the x5? Is there a way to check on the website or do i just have to wait for an email? I ordered on March 22.


GOOD LUCK!

post #7018 of 12117
Funnily enough i was thinking of adding a Centrance hi fi m8 to my x5 which should land this week i already have an E12 so maybe this will do but i cant helf wondering like Seskoi on the above tread do you really need it. Probably not with Sennhesiser momentums but surely for HD 600s as these can be a hard can to drive.
Edited by rdsreference - 4/14/14 at 5:43pm
post #7019 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seskoi View Post

Hey guys!

I pre-ordered the X5 and after reading those bunch of comments on this thread, I'm thinking about buying an E12 for it.

I'm just really not sure if I would need it or really benefit from it. I'm new in this and like some people said, sorry for my wallet entering here :-P

The thing is I have V-moda m-100, they are low impedance (32 ohm I think) and sensitive, so I suppose I wouldn't need an amp... But I've read the impedance sometimes doesn't mean the headphones could not benefit from an amp... And they have 50 mm drivers, is this something that matters?

Hehe thanks for any future advice.

TLDR; would I benefit to add an E12 to my X5 with v-moda m -100?

Thanks!


I have several 32ohm cans and they do benefit from using an Amp.  Do they work without it......Yes, but to me the sound opens up with the amp.  Just like speakers benefit from an amp, IMHO so do headphones......Enjoy!

post #7020 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsreference View Post

Funnily enough i was thinking of adding a Centrance hi fi m8 lx to my x5 which should land this week i already have an E12 so maybe this will do but i cant helf wondering like Seskoi on the above tread do you really need it. Probably not with Sennhesiser momentums but surely for HD 600s as these are a hard can to drive.

 

The HD600s (despite being 300 ohm) are not a hard can to drive at all actually.  The X5 by itself handles them more than sufficiently.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014