Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 46

post #676 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

All good ideas, as I said, but it isn't realistic. Sure, it is possible and probably would be very popular, but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Also impedance matching is a joke with speakers. You have 4, 8, 16 ohm speakers. Not many different designs going on in the speaker world. Most of them use the same impedance (yes, there are exceptions), most consumer grade speakers are those configurations, thus making amping, preamping, etc. pretty easy and streamlined. 

 

It's not going to happen, but if you guys wanted true impedence matching (or removing impedence from the equation), a current driven analog output circuit, such as a Darlington transistor, would be ideal for single driver speakers such as headphones. Then it wouldn't matter what impedence your headphones were, only the amplifier gain.

post #677 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

I use a powerbank instead, but not the GS3 as a powerbank for something else.

Try it. It's useful if you are in urgent need of power for your DAP, and don't care much for the phone. I use my GS3 just as a powerbank when I'm on a long flight or something.

post #678 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Try it. It's useful if you are in urgent need of power for your DAP, and don't care much for the phone. I use my GS3 just as a powerbank when I'm on a long flight or something.

 

Reason why I've been using a powerbank with my GS3 is because I had a spare battery and its own charger with my GS, and the repeated removal of case eventually tore off the faux chrome trim. Originally I planned to just get a battery when this one wears out, but I just got an ACase Superleggera to replace my old scratched-up case, and with the rubber housing sandwiched between the phone and the plastic, taking off the cases doesn't seem like it'll damage the phone. So yeah, I'll get a new battery soon.

post #679 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

Reason why I've been using a powerbank with my GS3 is because I had a spare battery and its own charger with my GS, and the repeated removal of case eventually tore off the faux chrome trim. Originally I planned to just get a battery when this one wears out, but I just got an ACase Superleggera to replace my old scratched-up case, and with the rubber housing sandwiched between the phone and the plastic, taking off the cases doesn't seem like it'll damage the phone. So yeah, I'll get a new battery soon.

It's really helpful at times. You don't have to carry bulky powerbanks anymore.

post #680 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

It's really helpful at times. You don't have to carry bulky powerbanks anymore.

 

Yup, in my case though the bulk wasn't really an issue as I usually have a satchel with me at all times. When I don't it's probably just a quick run for groceries. The only times I really didn't like the powerbank was when I forget to hook them up long before I leave, and charging isn't really any faster, so I end up with my phone in my satchel (with a flap looser than my pants pocket) as it charges. It won't normally be a problem if I had my car with me, but if I have to take the train, pick pockets are all over the street and the stairs going up to the metro stations.


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 6/24/13 at 7:53pm
post #681 of 11320

Will Fiio modify the technical specification by having  two pcs of PCM1792 DAC instead of 1 pc in X5?biggrin.gif

 

It seems like latest high peformance DACs have 2 DACs such as AK120 or HM-901 except the aging DX100 or face-lifted HDP-R10.

post #682 of 11320

I think it's been said before, two chips isn't necessarily superior to one, to an audible difference, atleast for portable devices.  And James has mentioned they're not doing things to follow others.

 

Two chips will make the X5 bigger, likely to also drain battery more, which isn't really nice imo.

post #683 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

I think it's been said before, two chips isn't necessarily superior to one.

+1

Give it a few years, we will be having triple dac DAPs... Face palm
post #684 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Will Fiio modify the technical specification by having  two pcs of PCM1792 DAC instead of 1 pc in X5?biggrin.gif

 

 

 

rolleyes.gif   I hope not. FiiO  certainly don't need to copy what iRiver and HifiMan are doing. They are doing just fine on their own.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post
 

 

 

It seems like latest high peformance overpriced  DAPs have 2 DACs such as AK120 or HM-901.

 

Fixed that for you. wink_face.gif

post #685 of 11320
Speaking of HM, I remember the HM 801 worshippers. That brick was just atrocious....
post #686 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

rolleyes.gif   I hope not. FiiO  certainly don't need to copy what iRiver and HifiMan are doing. They are doing just fine on their own.

 

 

Fixed that for you. wink_face.gif

I sincerely hope that Fiio will prove me wrong when they do not need 2 pcs of DAC chip to have superior SQ that on par with HM-901 or AK120. biggrin.gif

post #687 of 11320

I am curious about the possible battery life about X5. Is it a dream if I hope for around 20 hours with 16 bit FLAC?

post #688 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I sincerely hope that Fiio will prove me wrong when they do not need 2 pcs of DAC chip to have superior SQ that on par with HM-901 or AK120. biggrin.gif

 

not sure about this..but isn't it PCM1792 a dual dac chip? a single dual dac chip
post #689 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post


+1

Give it a few years, we will be having triple dac DAPs... Face palm

 

maybe someone will release an DAP which includes 16 pcs DAC chip, each channel includes 8 DACs. I known some desktop DAC did, so it may happened in portable DAC in the future.


Edited by JamesFiiO - 6/26/13 at 2:32am
post #690 of 11320
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post


+1

Give it a few years, we will be having triple dac DAPs... Face palm


Who knows? Someone may go completely the other way and eliminate the DAC chip altogether. You don't actually need a DAC chip to do DA conversionwink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014