Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 367

post #5491 of 13333

will update today. and please understand we can only ship few X5s to each agent cause the order is too big so we can't delivery the whole order.

 

it means that each agent can only receive limited quantity but I think the situation will be change after 30 days when we finish the production of this batch.

post #5492 of 13333

I've ordered an X5/12 to compare with my M8...this ought to be fun.

post #5493 of 13333

I oder X5 from my local shop. Hope it will come soon cant wait more ! :L3000::L3000::L3000: 

post #5494 of 13333

Waiting for it to arrive in Singapore (:

 

Anyways, X5/12 is a good combo? 

post #5495 of 13333

Oh baby! Fingers crossed my pre-order falls into this first batch :beyersmile: Thanks for the update James!

post #5496 of 13333

James: One thing I am concerned about on the X5 is the quality of the scroll wheel.  Many of the reviewers have stated that the wheel feels like it's loose and not properly attached.  Several reviewers also stated that the wheel on their review unit squeeks, and one reviewer stated that the wheel on his unit actually fell off and had to be reattached. 

 

Have there been any changes/improvements made to the scroll wheel for the production units? 

post #5497 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post
 

I've ordered an X5/12 to compare with my M8...this ought to be fun.


will u be primarily comparing them as dac/amp to dac/amp?

post #5498 of 13333

I will be interest in that >> i have my E12 DIY , i am planning to get a X5 too

 

let us know

post #5499 of 13333

Oh boy, I hope HDPHNS are getting their stock from that German distributor.

post #5500 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

Oh boy, I hope HDPHNS are getting their stock from that German distributor.

Hi kendoji, i ask Erik from HDPHNS on email of there or problems with the delivery of the X5 !!! And his awnser was no everything is on schedule.
Fingers cross wink.gif

Gr. Pascal
post #5501 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandcube View Post


Hi kendoji, i ask Erik from HDPHNS on email of there or problems with the delivery of the X5 !!! And his awnser was no everything is on schedule.
Fingers cross wink.gif

Gr. Pascal

 

Ah good to know, thanks!

post #5502 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

Oh boy, I hope HDPHNS are getting their stock from that German distributor.

I was thinking exactly the same... So on schedule means delivery to the customers in the beginning of April right? Oh so excited! smily_headphones1.gif time to order those MicroSD's!
post #5503 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post
 

 

Don't think this has been clarified.

 

Does anybody know whether or not the X5 support cover.jpg cover art?

 

Sorry, just saw this; I have tested the album art capability of the X5 via the tour and yes, it can show the album art only if named as such (thank goodness if the album art cannot be shown, the X5 will still play the file unlike my RockBox'ed Clip Zip which won't play it sometimes even if the file is ok =_=):

 

%title%.jpg (i.e. the album art file name must match your song file's name)

 

e.g. Just Awake.flac => Just Awake.jpg

 

Other naming conventions (like cover.jpg) have not worked for me unfortunately; same goes for other filetypes (e.g. png and bmp). Strangely, if only one jpg and one MP3/FLAC file exist in a folder, the album art will show even though it is not named as above.

 

I cannot figure out the best resolution to have the album art in the best quality unfortunately (i.e. no pixellisation but don't take up too much space); it does not help that there is no such documentation at the time of testing. Hope this changes after the global launch.


Edited by darkarn - 3/27/14 at 3:30am
post #5504 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

 

Sorry, just saw this; I have tested the album art capability of the X5 via the tour and yes, it can show the album art only if named as such (thank goodness if the album art cannot be shown, the X5 will still play the file unlike my RockBox'ed Clip Zip which won't play it sometimes even if the file is ok =_=):

 

%title%.jpg (i.e. the album art file name must match your song file's name)

 

e.g. Just Awake.flac => Just Awake.jpg

 

Other naming conventions (like cover.jpg) have not worked for me unfortunately; same goes for other filetypes (e.g. png and bmp). Strangely, if only one jpg and one MP3/FLAC file exist in a folder, the album art will show even though it is not named as above.

 

I cannot figure out the best resolution to have the album art in the best quality unfortunately (i.e. no pixellisation but don't take up too much space); it does not help that there is no such documentation at the time of testing. Hope this changes after the global launch.

 

 

Thank you for your information @Darkarn.

 

In that case it seems I have to change all cover art from cover.jpg into %albumtitle%.jpg  *sigh* . My current default is cover.jpg in every album folder - it then displays that same cover for each track in that folder - because that is the workaround for a Synology NAS to display cover art. Having thousands of albums this will take a lot of time! 

 

 

@JamesFiiO or @Joebloggs :

 

will there be a workaround for this in later FW? I really hope cover.jpg will be supported as well as it is a very common way to file cover art  :wink_face:

post #5505 of 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post
 

 

 

Thank you for your information @Darkarn.

 

In that case it seems I have to change all cover art from cover.jpg into %albumtitle%.jpg  *sigh* . My current default is cover.jpg in every album folder - it then displays that same cover for each track in that folder - because that is the workaround for a Synology NAS to display cover art. Having thousands of albums this will take a lot of time! 

 

 

@JamesFiiO or @Joebloggs :

 

will there be a workaround for this in later FW? I really hope cover.jpg will be supported as well as it is a very common way to file cover art  :wink_face:

 

Note that I reviewed the X5 on 1.00; things might change during and after international release. I suggest you do the change for only a few first, then see how it goes before doing the rest.

 

Also, I suggest the combination of Everything and Bulk Rename Utility (Everything to search for all such jpg files; BRU to rename them at one go) if you really have to change all that filenames :) I cannot find any Mac/Linux alternatives unfortunately; maybe someone here can help with that? :o

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
 

I have a question that will determine whether I order now or wait...   Will the X5 display cover art for FLAC using a file named cover.jpg, which is placed in the album's folder?  (In other words, one cover.jpg for every album and the cover file gets used for every song on that album).

 

Also, does the X3 support this?  

 

I don't have the time nor patience nor the will to go back through hundreds and thousands of songs and embed the art.  I want to use the same cover.jpg I use now with a Rockboxed iPod, Squeezebox Touch, etc.

 

Sorry, should have quoted you too since you asked about this too...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014