Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 240

post #3586 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Thanks. I am not singling out the X5 for sunlight abuse. My Blackberries and iPhone 3GS were all nightmares in the sun. It is really only the new generation of expensive reflective AMOLED screens that deal with sun well and Fiio is not going to use those at the X5 price point. A matte screen protector might help a bit but the theme of the X5 is also very dark with grays and muted colors against black. It looks great and I wouldn't change that to get a bit of sunlight advantage. Just step into the shade.  :-)  

Maybe Fiio will give us a theming tool for the X5, and you could tame the problem a bit. I've had fun playing with X3 themes and did make it dark gray with flat elements instead of black with glossy elements.
post #3587 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Just spent the last 15 minutes listening to X5 - a BIG WOW from me so far :atsmile:


Can U compare it with HM700, and Do u think it suit with Re600 ?

post #3588 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by viet1357911 View Post
 


Can U compare it with HM700, and Do u think it suit with Re600 ?

 

HM700 makes for a good competition for X3, but not X5. It is really obvious that X5 has outclassed the whole X3 / DX50 / HM700 / AK100 level of DAP and more to the AK120 / DX100 / HM802 / HM901 level..

 

I don't have RE600, but X5 is very neutral so it is not picky when it comes to pairing.

 

p/s: I would even venture a guess to say that some AK120 owner might find the DAP's $1300 price tag a bit hard to swallow on hindsight, once they have the chance to listen to the X5. Well I don't have a AK120 myself, so don't trust me on this :)

 

Alright, X5 sucks, X5 sucks...


Edited by ClieOS - 1/24/14 at 7:21am
post #3589 of 11254

Can someone who has a Sony ZX-1  and the X-5 please post a comparison based on SQ and output power.

 

Also wondering if the X-5 can drive the alpha dogs to their full extent without additional amplification.

post #3590 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

HM700 makes for a good competition for X3, but not X5. It is really obvious that X5 has outclassed the whole X3 / DX50 / HM700 / AK100 level of DAP and much closer to the AK120 / DX100 / HM802 / HM901 level..

 

I don't have RE600, but X5 is very neutral so it is not picky when it comes to pairing.

WoW good news for me
i found X3's mid is so thick and  soundstage 's narrow, hope X5 can fix this

post #3591 of 11254

IIRC, isn't ZX-1 only has about 15mW of output into 16ohm? X5 can drive 460mW into 16ohm, according to FiiO.

post #3592 of 11254
So it seems Fiio is very serious about this X5. While I like the X3 very much and more than the DX50, it has some sort of "first try dap"-flair.

I will buy one for sure.
post #3593 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess70 View Post
 

Can someone who has a Sony ZX-1  and the X-5 please post a comparison based on SQ and output power.

 

Also wondering if the X-5 can drive the alpha dogs to their full extent without additional amplification.

 

People have had trouble running easy to drive full size headphones on the ZX-1 so... that I guess tells you much.

Also, in High Gain, X5 can "move" the Alpha Dogs with pleasant sound and good volume but not really much authority to my ears. It is the best DAP that has done this though... (from the few I've tried... most either lacked power or did not sound as refined.).

post #3594 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

People have had trouble running easy to drive full size headphones on the ZX-1 so... that I guess tells you much.

Also, in High Gain, X5 can "move" the Alpha Dogs with pleasant sound and good volume but not really much authority to my ears. It is the best DAP that has done this though... (from the few I've tried... most either lacked power or did not sound as refined.).

 

 

How many ohms is the AD? Is it also safe to assume that other phones with lower ohms should be powered adequately with this one?

post #3595 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by viet1357911 View Post
 

WoW good news for me
i found X3's mid is so thick and  soundstage 's narrow, hope X5 can fix this

The RE600 works great with the X5. I am using this combo.

The things you don't like about the X3 have been fixed.

post #3596 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
 

 

 

How many ohms is the AD? Is it also safe to assume that other phones with lower ohms should be powered adequately with this one?

 

ADs are 50 - 55Ohms but sensitivity is 90 or below if I remember correctly.

 

And yes, yesterday I was rocking with Beyer T5p's, today I'm using Perfect Sound Dido D901s and also tested Sennheiser Momentum (on-ears) and Ultrasone Signature DJs. X5 (and X3) is capable of driving all of these with not problem in Low gain. I mostly use full-size closed-back cans with my portable players since I use them at work so...  ;-)

post #3597 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

The RE600 works great with the X5. I am using this combo.

The things you don't like about the X3 have been fixed.

WoW sound like my wallet's crying 
Cant wait for getting X5. Now March will be a longest month ever :triportsad:

 

post #3598 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

. It is really obvious that X5 has outclassed the AK100 level of DAP

apologies for butchering your quote!

 

That's a very interesting statement, as it looks like the X5 will be much

cheaper than the AK100

post #3599 of 11254
I have the ZX1 and will get a loaner X5 in a few days. Of course I will compare only on iems, because that is what I use.
post #3600 of 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

HM700 makes for a good competition for X3, but not X5. It is really obvious that X5 has outclassed the whole X3 / DX50 / HM700 / AK100 level of DAP and more to the AK120 / DX100 / HM802 / HM901 level..

 

I don't have RE600, but X5 is very neutral so it is not picky when it comes to pairing.

 

p/s: I would even venture a guess to say that some AK120 owner might find the DAP's $1300 price tag a bit hard to swallow on hindsight, once they have the chance to listen to the X5. Well I don't have a AK120 myself, so don't trust me on this :)

 

Alright, X5 sucks, X5 sucks...


X5 suck(er-punche)s the competition, we got you...:beyersmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014