Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 203

post #3031 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Well James had surgery/surgeries, I think it is completely fine to give him a rest time. I am not in worry, he can come back as soon as he feels good about his health.

 

Our hobby is not more important than his health.

 

I think I saw James making a quick post somewhere in Head-Fi a few days back...  (see here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/628254/fiio-e18/915#post_10150996)

 

Other than this sidenote, +1 to your comment! (Yeah yeah, even though our hobby = his career = the well-being of all Fiio staff in general...)


Edited by darkarn - 1/10/14 at 8:44am
post #3032 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

I have to pay twice for X3 first then X5 :(

 

 LOL!  Just be thankful you are not an A&K customer!

post #3033 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

 

I think I saw James making a quick post somewhere in Head-Fi a few days back... 


That doesn't mean he is fully recovered, I also talked with him in here about X5's output power, he was still resting, though.

post #3034 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
 

 

 

Samsung's newest Windows 8 touchscreen laptop has a Wolfson DAC built in. THAT is a start and i can totally see their Ativ Tablets having them too soon

 

inb4 people start saying that "It's not the DAC that matter the most, it's how you implement it!" lol

post #3035 of 13141

Looks like a better ipod classic.

post #3036 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


That doesn't mean he is fully recovered, I also talked with him in here about X5's output power, he was still resting, though.

 

Ah I see... :o

post #3037 of 13141

My dealer confirm two things

1. Button will be silver same as previous version

2. There will be some improvement in button, I don't ask him for details.

 

He said that there may be golden button version as demo unit. I don't worry about this, I can kill him to get the gold version, that easy :veryevil:

post #3038 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 LOL!  Just be thankful you are not an A&K customer!


I believe that many people happy to spend more for some better performance. But not in my case, X3/X5 is good enough for me :L3000:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet1357911 View Post
 

Sound good for my Re600

when i pair X3 with Re600 it give me too much bass 

i hope X5 = X3 + less warm and better soundstage. it'll be perfect :D

Did you try X3 with latest firmware, many people said that it is less warm and sound thin?

 

Anyhow, I don't get my X3 yet. It sent for some mod.

post #3039 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post
 

Looks like a better ipod classic.


apple may sue them,,,i am really worried.

 

the sued samsung for design too and it was way less similar than this thing

post #3040 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


apple may sue them,,,i am really worried.

 

the sued samsung for design too and it was way less similar than this thing

*opens up the X5 casing*

*Sees all the high-end audio component*

Their reaction: D: I though we are the best in component design!

 

*sit down* *try not to cry* *cry real hard*

 

FiiO is like a cheaper version of Astell and Kern IMO 

 

FiiO X3 = AK100 

         X5 = AK120

         X7 = AK240

         X1 = ?

post #3041 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

*opens up the X5 casing*

*Sees all the high-end audio component*

Their reaction: D: I though we are the best in component design!

 

*sit down* *try not to cry* *cry real hard*

 

FiiO is like a cheaper version of Astell and Kern IMO 

 

FiiO X3 = AK100 

         X5 = AK120

         X7 = AK240

         X1 = ?

 

comparison is subjective, but to me:

I'd say X3 < DX50 =/< AK100

Comparison with X5, 7, 1, DX90 is inappropriate as they haven't been released/created/heard with exception for X5 where a very small minority has heard it..

post #3042 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

 

comparison is subjective, but to me:

I'd say X3 < DX50 =/< AK100

Comparison with X5, 7, 1, DX90 is inappropriate as they haven't been released/created/heard with exception for X5 where a very small minority has heard it..

For $200 [X3] vs $700 [AK100], I find the X3 to be doing quite well. 

post #3043 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

For $200 [X3] vs $700 [AK100], I find the X3 to be doing quite well. 

 

Comparisons are based on the SQ/performance alone regardless of the price to quality ratio

If you want Price to Quality ranking then sure, X3 >/=DX50 > AK100

post #3044 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

 

Comparisons are based on the SQ/performance alone regardless of the price to quality ratio

If you want Price to Quality ranking then sure, X3 >/=DX50 > AK100


price diff of 500$ is too difficult to ignore when the audio is same

post #3045 of 13141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

 

Comparisons are based on the SQ/performance alone regardless of the price to quality ratio

If you want Price to Quality ranking then sure, X3 >/=DX50 > AK100

All of them uses the same DAC WM8740. The only difference is possible difference would be the curcuit and for sure, the amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014