Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 186

post #2776 of 12525

X5 will not get USB OTG in the future with FW update, it will already come with USB OTG feature, you don't need to wait for an update or something. So yeah, capacity wise, X5 wins hands down and that's a B I G plus for me, I was seriously interested in DX90 but when I learned they kept the capacity same as DX50, I almost lost all my interest in it.

post #2777 of 12525
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post

I'm pretty sure that the X5 will get OTG too in a firmware upgrade at some point. I think Joe mentioned it earlier in this thread.

^That's what I remembered as well. I won't be surprised if X5 lands in US with USB OTG enabled.
post #2778 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

 

These are pretty much the focus points many would be comparing.

Wouldn't get too excited over the dual sabre dac in DX90 considering the insights (quoted below).

 

 

pure speculation.  

post #2779 of 12525

I don't think Fiio need be too concerned about the DX90.

 

If you make a decent product and sell it at a very fair price, it will earn its keep.

 

I hope both products do well.

post #2780 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

I don't think Fiio need be too concerned about the DX90.

 

If you make a decent product and sell it at a very fair price, it will earn its keep.

 

I hope both products do well.

+1

post #2781 of 12525

At this stage i'd give Fiio the edge in delivering a product with a stable software.  :rolleyes: 

 

The Fiio X5 is definitely on my cards and still finding ways to get a set as soon as it's available.

post #2782 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

I don't think Fiio need be too concerned about the DX90.

If you make a decent product and sell it at a very fair price, it will earn its keep.

I hope both products do well.

I think James is very concerned about it, and I would be too. He has an edge with the X5 because it is reality, the other one is still on the drawing board. However, it's not time to sit on your laureates and gloat with the release because if the DX90 ever ships at the same time than the X5, it will be eating up the X5 sales, the price is very competitive and lots of us will buy one or the other or maybe none depending if something we feel sounds better is coming down the pike (X7 for example). Truly an exciting time for the budget hi-res dap buyer.
post #2783 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I think James is very concerned about it, and I would be too. He has an edge with the X5 because it is reality, the other one is still on the drawing board. However, it's not time to sit on your laureates and gloat with the release because if the DX90 ever ships at the same time than the X5, it will be eating up the X5 sales, the price is very competitive and lots of us will buy one or the other or maybe none depending if something we feel sounds better is coming down the pike (X7 for example). Truly an exciting time for the budget hi-res dap buyer.


Nah, I dont think James will lose any sleep over DX90. He has bigger plan than this. established distributor network, customer services, many good products to come in the future...

post #2784 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I think James is very concerned about it, and I would be too. He has an edge with the X5 because it is reality, the other one is still on the drawing board. However, it's not time to sit on your laureates and gloat with the release because if the DX90 ever ships at the same time than the X5, it will be eating up the X5 sales, the price is very competitive and lots of us will buy one or the other or maybe none depending if something we feel sounds better is coming down the pike (X7 for example). Truly an exciting time for the budget hi-res dap buyer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Nah, I dont think James will lose any sleep over DX90. He has bigger plan than this. established distributor network, customer services, many good products to come in the future...

 

 

 

I believe that if a businessperson approaches their business from the point of view of   "do it right, do it well, and do it fair",  it's almost impossible not to succeed.

 

I don't mean that to sound naive - I'm actually talking about this on a far deeper level than is apparent. There is a spiritual/energetic aspect underlying all things in this universe, and business is no exception.

 

Of course I don't know James personally, but it is still evident that he sincerely believes in conducting business in a fair and ethical manner, and in listening to his customers needs.

 

Truly, if he continues in that manner, and produces competitive products at fair prices, I feel quite certain that he will succeed in business, even with very capable competitors like iBasso.

post #2785 of 12525
Let's just be happy there's healthy competition in the DAP world, because lets face it! You can't please everyone with any single product. More products by different makers means more choices and more choices means more people are happy. It would be terrible if only one company had a monopoly over a certain market or forced others into that monopoly because there would be no innovation left.

Thats why I say go iBasso, go Fiio, go iriver, go Sony, go Apple (or at least please try harder), go Hifiman, and go Calyx! We need more DAPs that will rock the world!
post #2786 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

I don't think Fiio need be too concerned about the DX90.

If you make a decent product and sell it at a very fair price, it will earn its keep.

I hope both products do well.

And businessman would be concerned when arguably your biggest competitor is releasing a similar product.

Any businessman who wouldn't be is a fool.
post #2787 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


Thats why I say go iBasso, go Fiio, go iriver, go Sony, go Apple (or at least please try harder), go Hifiman, and go Calyx! We need more DAPs that will rock the world!

and go head-fi so that we can keep up to date with all this rather than rely on magazine editors and tv producers for our information. Head-fi has probably meant I spend more, but I'm sure I spend better (well that's the line, anyway...).

post #2788 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Let's just be happy there's healthy competition in the DAP world, because lets face it! You can't please everyone with any single product. More products by different makers means more choices and more choices means more people are happy. It would be terrible if only one company had a monopoly over a certain market or forced others into that monopoly because there would be no innovation left.

Thats why I say go iBasso, go Fiio, go iriver, go Sony, go Apple (or at least please try harder), go Hifiman, and go Calyx! We need more DAPs that will rock the world!

 

+1

 

Healthy competition never hurts, it pleases the customers and keep the manufactures/designers on their toes. Let's drink to that! :beerchug:

post #2789 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

 

+1

 

Healthy competition never hurts, it pleases the customers and keep the manufactures/designers on their toes. Let's drink to that! :beerchug:


at least for ppl like me who have money to buy only one good player.

 

now i have a lot to choose from which can only be good

post #2790 of 12525
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post


And businessman would be concerned when arguably your biggest competitor is releasing a similar product.

Any businessman who wouldn't be is a fool.

 

 

I partly agree with you, but the DX90 is estimated at just under $500, whereas the X5 is estimated at around $350

 

The X3 (around $200) has still been very successful, in spite of the presence of the DX50 (around $270).

 

So I don't think they are in totally direct competition. Close, but not direct.

 

 

Also, James is not naive - he will have predicted iBasso doing something like this, just as they did with the DX50, when the X3 was being released, even though iBasso have kept quieter about the DX90 than they did with the DX50.

 

If anything, I think iRiver have more reason to be worried about the DX90 than Fiio do (and I have zero sympathy for iRiver).

 

And the market for audiophile DAPs may not be enormous (yet), but it is likely to increase, as people gradually wake up to the fact that Apple DAPs are not the end-game in sound quality.

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 12/28/13 at 9:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014