Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 17

post #241 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


It is not exactly an user- replaceable battery like those in a cellphone. It just designed so an user can do it at home without soldering skill if (s)he doesn't want to send it back for battery replacement.
I'm aware of that by saying user-replaceable battery.. biggrin.gif Sorry to confuse people if the majority considered a snap-on like back cover by saying user-replaceable. For me as long as it doesn't require a solder and can be bought officially it's user replaceable. :P I actually prefer screws than snap+on covers. smily_headphones1.gif
post #242 of 11465

No, snap-on or screw-in has lesser to do with the issue. Being 'user-replaceable' will imply the user is allowed to replace the battery any time they want without voiding the warranty. I would think this isn't exactly what FiiO wants when they put in an easier to replace battery. So at the end, you can replace the battery with ease if you really want to, but doing so yourself will still void the warranty. That's why it is described as being non user-replaceable in order to avoid any confusion.

post #243 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


It is not exactly an user- replaceable battery like those in a cellphone. It just designed so an user can do it at home without soldering skill if (s)he doesn't want to send it back for battery replacement.

 

Quote:

 

Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Yes, that is what I want to said.

 

 

I must admit, though, that a battery which can be replaced in a few seconds (like on iBasso DX50) is a brilliant feature. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and I do carry a spare battery around with me so that I can replace it whenever my phone runs out of power. I would really love to see a DAP that offers a more powerful amplifier stage but allows quick battery swap by user, so the reduced battery life is no problem!  It seems so crazy to reduce amplifier power just to save battery life, when the solution to this is so simple, by just allowing quick battery swap with spare battery.

 

James, I really like your approach to doing business, and I've said so on more than one occasion, in the X3 / X5 threads. I will wait for X5 and will probably buy it, because I trust that it will be good value for money and I think Fiio deserve to be successful with the X5 if it offers honest value for money.

 

However, I do feel that it is an extremely big missed opportunity if the X5 does not offer quick battery swap. iBasso clearly recognise the value of allowing users to do this, on the DX50.


Edited by Mython - 5/23/13 at 5:36am
post #244 of 11465

Hello guys.

 

I am able to find quite a bit of information about the Fiio X3, on the Fiio X3 thread and other places, though i am not able to find nearly as much information on the Fiio X5. what could be the reason for this? I could imagine that like a lot of other people, i am wandering between th X3 and the X5, so therefor i want to ask, what could be the advantages of either?

 

Kind regards, dauder 2 bigsmile_face.gif

post #245 of 11465

I've paid no attention because the X5 is likely 6+ months away and info will be weak and changing.

post #246 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauder2 View Post

Hello guys.

 

I am able to find quite a bit of information about the Fiio X3, on the Fiio X3 thread and other places, though i am not able to find nearly as much information on the Fiio X5. what could be the reason for this? I could imagine that like a lot of other people, i am wandering between th X3 and the X5, so therefor i want to ask, what could be the advantages of either?

 

Kind regards, dauder 2 bigsmile_face.gif

 

The X3 thread that got closed was, like, two years old. First post on X5 thread says "3 weeks, 6 days ago."

post #247 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

The X3 thread that got closed was, like, two years old. First post on X5 thread says "3 weeks, 6 days ago."


Yeahh but what about this thread then:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price

? .. Maybe i am, a little confused confused_face_2.gif .

post #248 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauder2 View Post

Hello guys.

 

I am able to find quite a bit of information about the Fiio X3, on the Fiio X3 thread and other places, though i am not able to find nearly as much information on the Fiio X5. what could be the reason for this? I could imagine that like a lot of other people, i am wandering between th X3 and the X5, so therefor i want to ask, what could be the advantages of either?

 

Kind regards, dauder 2 bigsmile_face.gif

The X3 is on the verge of release, the X5 is still in the planning stages, months away from release. So nobody knows much of anything about the X5 yet, but the X3 looks quite promising.smile_phones.gif

post #249 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

 

 

I must admit, though, that a battery which can be replaced in a few seconds (like on iBasso DX50) is a brilliant feature. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and I do carry a spare battery around with me so that I can replace it whenever my phone runs out of power. I would really love to see a DAP that offers a more powerful amplifier stage but allows quick battery swap by user, so the reduced battery life is no problem!  It seems so crazy to reduce amplifier power just to save battery life, when the solution to this is so simple, by just allowing quick battery swap with spare battery.

 

James, I really like your approach to doing business, and I've said so on more than one occasion, in the X3 / X5 threads. I will wait for X5 and will probably buy it, because I trust that it will be good value for money and I think Fiio deserve to be successful with the X5 if it offers honest value for money.

 

However, I do feel that it is an extremely big missed opportunity if the X5 does not offer quick battery swap. iBasso clearly recognise the value of allowing users to do this, on the DX50.

 

in fact, I used Galaxy note and S3, and iP4S before, what I found is that a power bank is more convenience than a replaceable battery, and it limited the ID design and build quality. and when we upgrade our E11 next year, we will also remove the replaceable battery. Trust me, now almost everyone 

will carry a power bank so you don't need an extra battery. and all our products can be charged via a power bank.

post #250 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

The X3 thread that got closed was, like, two years old. First post on X5 thread says "3 weeks, 6 days ago."

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauder2 View Post


Yeahh but what about this thread then:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price

? .. Maybe i am, a little confused confused_face_2.gif .

 

What about it? I did say (quoted above) that the original thread was closed, therefore all the info on the new X3 threads (yes there's another one, look on the main page of this forum) basically started with the information accumulated (Fiio's original design, the subsequent feedbacks on the features and design, the prototype, etc) through that closed thread, which happened for the most part because people went aggro on moot points.

 

If anything, what can be said of the X5 isn't actually the lack of info, but that it's surprising that they already have gone this far in its development, which started not long ago either. Their experience in developing the X3, in terms of the processes and the failures (like with the firmware on the initial prototype) as well as the feedback that gave them a clearer idea what to do with the upmarket product, certainly contributed to the relative speed of its development. Enough, actually, for a nude sprint to be part of the deal tongue_smile.gif (not that I'm excited to actually see the family jewels, but I'd still find it hilarious enough I could trade that for the planned release date)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post

10. Fiio's CEO said within his group that if X5 fails to hit market by end of 2013, he/she would do a nude run on street.

Edited by ProtegeManiac - 5/23/13 at 7:55am
post #251 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

in fact, I used Galaxy note and S3, and iP4S before, what I found is that a power bank is more convenience than a replaceable battery, and it limited the ID design and build quality. and when we upgrade our E11 next year, we will also remove the replaceable battery. Trust me, now almost everyone 

will carry a power bank so you don't need an extra battery. and all our products can be charged via a power bank.

Will the E11 update be able to play while it is charging? That is the main reason I like to have the extra battery on hand, because the current model cannot charge and play at the same time.

post #252 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

in fact, I used Galaxy note and S3, and iP4S before, what I found is that a power bank is more convenience than a replaceable battery, and it limited the ID design and build quality. and when we upgrade our E11 next year, we will also remove the replaceable battery. Trust me, now almost everyone 
will carry a power bank so you don't need an extra battery. and all our products can be charged via a power bank.

I prefer power bank over fast replaceable battery.
I have a 7000mah with my every day carry, and that's very sufficient.

-CH23
post #253 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I prefer power bank over fast replaceable battery.
I have a 7000mah with my every day carry, and that's very sufficient.

-CH23


How big is that unit?

post #254 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

However, I do feel that it is an extremely big missed opportunity if the X5 does not offer quick battery swap. iBasso clearly recognise the value of allowing users to do this, on the DX50.

 

I think you missed a point. X3 already has a 3000mAH battery, and X5 might go with a even bigger battery @ 3500mAH. The battery iBasso plan to used on DX50 is only 2100mAH (*for S3, a.k.a. i9300 battery IIFC). While the idea of an easily removable / replaceable battery is nice, it comes at the cost of both size and capacity.

 

First of, the back case will have to be larger / thicker to accommodate a battery bay and its cover, Even the newer S4 comes only with a 2600mAH battery and so you will still get shorter battery life within a single charge. I am pretty sure a S3 battery is physically as wide as X3, if not wider. So using such battery means X5 must be much wider and thicker than what X3 is. Yet you will still get a hit on battery life since even the newer S4 battery is smaller in capacity than the one FiiO is planning to use. FiiO can go will a custom built battery (like that on HM901) but that will increase the cost (which is why I assume iBasso uses an existing battery for DX50) and still it won't be as big as a fully built-in one. I really don't see how that can be a totally good thing - yes, you can replace the battery when it is drained, but that means you need to carry extra battery and keep them in charge. If you are already willing to go to that extra length, why not just carry an USB power bank with you instead? At least you can buy a big enough power bank not just for X3 / X5, but also for your smartphone.

 

It will be rather funny for a S4 user to carry spare S4 battery for S4 and S3 battery for DX50, won't you say?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauder2 View Post

Hello guys.

 

I am able to find quite a bit of information about the Fiio X3, on the Fiio X3 thread and other places, though i am not able to find nearly as much information on the Fiio X5. what could be the reason for this? I could imagine that like a lot of other people, i am wandering between th X3 and the X5, so therefor i want to ask, what could be the advantages of either?

 

Kind regards, dauder 2 bigsmile_face.gif

 

X5 is still in development. The only thing for sure is that it will be better in hardware when compared to X3 and that's why you don't see a lot of info about it so far. There will be more info when it is near release.

post #255 of 11465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Will the E11 update be able to play while it is charging? That is the main reason I like to have the extra battery on hand, because the current model cannot charge and play at the same time.

 

Yes

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014