Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 158

post #2356 of 11501

First post ever on headfi after reading for a while.

 

As a Chinese yes I have to confirm what had been said, if you think so called elitism is bad on head-fi, it is x 10 in China site (not saying all of them are but surely it is very divided), it is either super pro-Chinese, where anything made in China is the greatest and kick any foreign maker arse, or it is uttely rubbish because it is made there.

 

I have read a few X5 thread on erji, basically a lot of hate on the look, size of screen, people saying it is a half finished product; sound wise, people are saying it got bass distortion (!?!) and low output.

 

One funny thing is, a lot of users there love to compare lower price Chinese machines with something 3 times the price, like saying how disappointed they are with x5 and decided to go with HIFIMAN 901 or ZX1 etc

 

Good to read for fun but not very informative overall....and there are so much hate there...

post #2357 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, this isn't news. I also follow some Chinese forums but also mainly for pics and info on new products.

Opinion-wise probably about 90% of these so called "audiophiles" are extremely biased towards any Chinese products to a point they'll be bashing on great products and recommending low-end stuff from Japanese and Western manufacturers and claiming they are better but most of the time they apparently have zero understanding of actual sound quality and what is good. They just blindly praise products based on looks and brand love and most of them have no love for anything manufactured by a local company. So it can be really tricky to actually get any genuine info on a certain new product but at least you can get some quality hands-on pics.

 

 

I find it odd that many Chinese 'have no love' for anything manufactured locally - one would think they would be proud of locally-made gear!

 

It's a funny ol' world....

 

 

It used to be that I was wary of Chinese-made electronics (I'm talking about a decade or more ago), but these days, China and Taiwan have upped their game tremendously and I would happily try something from Fiio or something (again) from iBasso.

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 12/18/13 at 9:42am
post #2358 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

I find it odd that many Chinese 'have no love' for anything manufactured locally - one would think they would be proud of locally-made gear!

 

It's a funny ol' world....

 

 

It used to be that I was wary of Chinese-made electronics (I'm talking about a decade or more ago), but these days, China and Taiwan have upped their game tremendously and I would happily try something from Fiio or something (again) from iBasso.

 

 

.

 

isnt ibasso a japanese brand?

post #2359 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

 

isnt ibasso a japanese brand?


Absolutely not. They are as Chinese as it gets. Though in China, they go by the name of Mini Audio. iBasso is their oversea brand. iBasso Japan is, as I believe, a partnership between Mini Audio / iBasso and an Japanese company. That's why they have different version of products there, as those are more tailored to the Japanese buyer.

post #2360 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

isnt ibasso a japanese brand?

 

No, it's Chinese.

post #2361 of 11501

I signed up both to voice my support for the way Fiio is doing things, and to say that I think the turntable inspired look of the X5 is actually very cool.
I have set the money aside for immediate purchase when it becomes available from where I am in Australia.

post #2362 of 11501

My portable source recently gave up on me. I almost pulled the trigger on a X3 five minutes ago, then I found this thread.

Think I'll be holding off for the X5 and it will be an insta-buy when it becomes available.

The DAC support and other features make this device very suitable for my needs. I've always been a fan of FiiO and I'm still very impressed with the recent trends of active development within the company.

Subscribing while I scroll back through the 158 pages of posts and play catch-up... :triportsad: 


Edited by ApplesRevenge - 12/18/13 at 1:56pm
post #2363 of 11501
Quote:

Originally Posted by ApplesRevenge View Post
 

 

... I'm still very impressed with the recent trends of active development within the company.

 

 

Yes, many of us in this thread feel similarly.

 

For the most part, James and his team have really listened to the requirements of potential customers.

 

That's surprisingly rare.

post #2364 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlandfilms View Post
 

I signed up both to voice my support for the way Fiio is doing things, and to say that I think the turntable inspired look of the X5 is actually very cool.
I have set the money aside for immediate purchase when it becomes available from where I am in Australia.


Same here, seeing a company establish that kind of 'feedback loop' with their customer base (at least part of it) is rare and has already led to features in products that otherwise wouldn't have been there. I have a feeling that the X5 look will slowly grow on people, always assuming the sound quality is up to snuff.

post #2365 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Admittedly I have not read the last few pages of this thread, but a fair warning from someone (*me) who does read Chinese very well and hang around on various Chinese headphone forums for quite awhile, you guy should really be careful on what you read on those forums. Sometime they have good review but sometime they have, well, 'less than good' review - and by less than good, I do imply something more sinister in nature. Of course, you also have review that are strongly affected by personal bias and doesn't serve much as a solid ground of reference. Such a mix of opinions can make it quite a challenge to read these reviews and extract the right information. So don't pay too much attention unless you know for sure what you are reading is from a reliable source.

Thanks for the reminder ClieOs. To be honest, I do not treat the reviews on erji.net very seriously. Hence I have added my personal opinions into the translation I provided, and to remind people of the possible bias based on the reviewer's own sound preference, and possible "too-generalized" statements/phrases like "better". The info and opinions on erji.net varies widely about X5, and I also believe that many on erji.net have bias against Fiio (and I believe many Chinese still believe in this myth that price=performance, and refuse to accept that the performance and quality of less expensive products can exceed expectations).

However, I believe that based on the information provided, it will give us people who are not fortunate enough to audition X5 a brief idea what X5 MAY sound like. The product is not finalized yet, and I believe Fiio will further enhance the X5 based on the feedback they have been given.

I am very excited about X5!
post #2366 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, this isn't news. I also follow some Chinese forums but also mainly for pics and info on new products.
Opinion-wise probably about 90% of these so called "audiophiles" are extremely biased towards any Chinese products to a point they'll be bashing on great products and recommending low-end stuff from Japanese and Western manufacturers and claiming they are better but most of the time they apparently have zero understanding of actual sound quality and what is good. They just blindly praise products based on looks and brand love and most of them have no love for anything manufactured by a local company. So it can be really tricky to actually get any genuine info on a certain new product but at least you can get some quality hands-on pics.

Totally Agreeing with you.
post #2367 of 11501

http://www.shaoerduo.com/news/760.html

 

looks pretty sweet to me!!

post #2368 of 11501
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlethief View Post
 

http://www.shaoerduo.com/news/760.html

 

looks pretty sweet to me!!

according to google translate we "no longer have to worry about the format is not compatible or capacity is inadequate mother slapped it."  which is good news indeed!

post #2369 of 11501

I'm sorta like'n the comment by #36 (courtesy of Google Translate)

 

"(The) X5 is a way to make your brain can not take place excites obscenity let you produce erectile dysfunction under the kitchen romantic reality is even more wonderful to me even more determined to realize life is not happy because the designer generated revenge on society"

post #2370 of 11501
Sounds like a piece of exciting Art
LoL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014