Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 156

post #2326 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


I think that's pretty common for most new products. Even FiiO and iBasso had their fair share.


Not common, Mandatory. Look at any new pre release product thread. The community here saves corporations hundreds of thousands in  marketing fees:wink_face:

post #2327 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Not common, Mandatory. Look at any new pre release product thread. The community here saves corporations hundreds of thousands in  marketing fees:wink_face:

+2 > Also sales results in 3- 4 folds for sure for the brands here as we sacrifice our hard earned money coz most of thr head fiers (99.5%) wont get the sample pieces...........truuth be said biggrin.gif
post #2328 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

+2 > Also sales results in 3- 4 folds for sure for the brands here as we sacrifice our hard earned money coz most of thr head fiers (99.5%) wont get the sample pieces...........truuth be said biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Not common, Mandatory. Look at any new pre release product thread. The community here saves corporations hundreds of thousands in  marketing fees:wink_face:

Marketing reachability is all about how to efficiently target your true customers you know will buy your products. Obviously a board targeted to your product gear is the lowest hanging fruit for reaching the right customers hence why it's their cheapest medium to sell their products. For us it is also the best way to get serious manufactures that will be able to bend backward to please us. A win-win situation! wink.gif
Edited by musicheaven - 12/17/13 at 11:57pm
post #2329 of 12555
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1578990

Just like to share what had been said in the Chinese Forum, erji.net:

Apparently James is working remotely from the hospital?

X5 is more neutral and transparent than X3, and the writer of this review believes X5 sounds better than AK120. AK120 seems to be better at 'controlling', however he believes the X5 has 'better' soundstage and better highs, mids, and lows. (I don't know what he means by 'better', and I believe it may be too subjective.)

Few things to note:
1. Requires amping ( the reviewer paired it with E12) to drive 'bigger' heafphones and to gain better 'control'. (This is consistent with what James told us.)

2. The reviewer is an IE800 user and loves Senheisser. He used SE846 and IE800 for comparison and believes X5 performs better on IE800 than BA based phones. (Again, I am not sure about that due to the reviewer's own preference.)

3. James and his team are working tirelessly to make final adjustments.

Please excuse my poor (and not full) translation.
Edited by johnwu - 12/18/13 at 12:07am
post #2330 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post

How does the ZX1 sound vs. the other DAPs around its price range? Does it compare to the DX100, AK120, balanced 901?
I prefer it over the AK120, the presentation is much more airy and spacious. The 901 balanced is still better in SQ, but has 5 hours of battery vs. 20+
post #2331 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwu View Post

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1578990

Just like to share what had been said in the Chinese Forum, erji.net:

Apparently James is working remotely from the hospital?

X5 is more neutral and transparent than X3, and the writer of this review believes X5 sounds better than AK120. AK120 seems to be better at 'controlling', however he believes the X5 has 'better' soundstage and better highs, mids, and lows. (I don't know what he means by 'better', and I believe it may be too subjective.)

Few things to note:
1. Requires amping ( the reviewer paired it with E12) to drive 'bigger' heafphones and to gain better 'control'. (This is consistent with what James told us.)

2. The reviewer is an IE800 user and loves Senheisser. He used SE846 and IE800 for comparison and believes X5 performs better on IE800 than BA based phones. (Again, I am not sure about that due to the reviewer's own preference.)

3. James and his team are working tirelessly to make final adjustments.

Please excuse my poor (and not full) translation.


^ Thanks for the translates meng!!! :beerchug:

 

Ashamed that i got zero Chinese reading skittles whatsoever. haha

post #2332 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

There's a nauseating amount of fanboism (and associated defensiveness) going on in the NW-ZX1 thread.

It doesn't serve the interests of anyone, least of all Sony or Head-fi members looking for unbiased advice.
I hope you are not referring to me as I just say what I hear...I still find other DAPs such as the 901 better in terms of SQ...but the whole package is awesome on the ZX1.

Mython I appreciate you and hope you will not mind me saying it as it is.

I think that your presence on all DAP threads should be more in proportion of your experience of said DAPs. 30 line posts every two hours on DAPs you have never heard (ZX1, Calyx, X5), more often than not to express your discontentment over the specs or other people's opinion is a bit tiring and IMO not very useful. I do not know what this DAP crusade is about but I for one am tired of reading the same thing over and over on all DAP threads. Some of your arguments make sense, but they have been made. Only hands on experience would provide more weight to them.
post #2333 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I hope you are not referring to me as I just say what I hear...I still find other DAPs such as the 901 better in terms of SQ...but the whole package is awesome on the ZX1.

Mython I appreciate you and hope you will not mind me saying it as it is.

I think that your presence on all DAP threads should be more in proportion of your experience of said DAPs. 30 line posts every two hours on DAPs you have never heard (ZX1, Calyx, X5), more often than not to express your discontentment over the specs or other people's opinion is a bit tiring and IMO not very useful. I do not know what this DAP crusade is about but I for one am tired of reading the same thing over and over on all DAP threads. Some of your arguments make sense, but they have been made. Only hands on experience would provide more weight to them.

 

My DAP is better than yours! lol ;). Just joking. Or maybe not :P. At the end of the day all that matters is what suits your needs. Be merry, smoke a bowl :P.


Edited by lee730 - 12/18/13 at 12:39am
post #2334 of 12555
First it's perfectly ok to talk about a player you don't have at least theoretically. It's not because you don't have the cash that you can't talk about it. I like Mython because like me he does not have lots of cash and is looking for a decent affordable player. Just because you don't yet own one, it does not mean you can't talk about it. Who came up with that rule? To me as long as you respect each other and believe in freedom of speech then everything's cool.
post #2335 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

First it's perfectly ok to talk about a player you don't have at least theoretically. It's not because you don't have the cash that you can't talk about it. I like Mython because like me he does not have lots of cash and is looking for a decent affordable player. Just because you don't yet own one, it does not mean you can't talk about it. Who came up with that rule? To me as long as you respect each other and believe in freedom of speech then everything's cool.

Quite agree. A lot of people use these fora before they own a piece of kit, and some decide not to get it because of what they read (some may even be put off by the company they'd be keeping ;) ). That's not the same as being dubious of person x who say that A is better than B when they don't have either...

post #2336 of 12555

I tend to seek value for money these days thats why i initially came across Fiio.James and his team have done an excellent job in driving and promoting there goods and giving customers excellent customer care,,i also love Sony and my f886 gets the same amount of airplay as my x3,theres a lot of comparing going on some are saying the zx1 is better than the AK120 which is twice the money,then those who have both the zx1 and f886 say there is not much in it and you are paying for the build and xtra capacity,therefore if the x5 improves sq over the x3 then its a no brainer!looking forward to March!

for those who think its too ugly,buy a purse to store it in!:tongue:

post #2337 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post

Quite agree. A lot of people use these fora before they own a piece of kit, and some decide not to get it because of what they read (some may even be put off by the company they'd be keeping wink.gif ). That's not the same as being dubious of person x who say that A is better than B when they don't have either...

Very true, I agree you can't compare things you never heard. But you can quote people who had them and compared them together. As long as you say someone who owned the two said ... However I don't think this was about comparing things one did not have but more about wanting to hear unbiased comparisons. As those would just color the impression and be worth nothing to anyone who wants to buy one.
post #2338 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlethief View Post

I tend to seek value for money these days thats why i initially came across Fiio.James and his team have done an excellent job in driving and promoting there goods and giving customers excellent customer care,,i also love Sony and my f886 gets the same amount of airplay as my x3,theres a lot of comparing going on some are saying the zx1 is better than the AK120 which is twice the money,then those who have both the zx1 and f886 say there is not much in it and you are paying for the build and xtra capacity,therefore if the x5 improves sq over the x3 then its a no brainer!looking forward to March!
for those who think its too ugly,buy a purse to store it in!tongue.gif

Good point, I was thinking about buying the famous Apple nano sock but for the iPod and throw the X5 in it. Need some hiding I mean dressing. biggrin.gif

Seriously though if the dap sq is up there who cares how it looks if your ears will feel eargasms then the clothing won't make any difference. Just close your eyes enjoy the music and the dap ugliness will disappear like a cloud wink.gif
post #2339 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I hope you are not referring to me as I just say what I hear...I still find other DAPs such as the 901 better in terms of SQ...but the whole package is awesome on the ZX1.

Mython I appreciate you and hope you will not mind me saying it as it is.

I think that your presence on all DAP threads should be more in proportion of your experience of said DAPs. 30 line posts every two hours on DAPs you have never heard (ZX1, Calyx, X5), more often than not to express your discontentment over the specs or other people's opinion is a bit tiring and IMO not very useful. I do not know what this DAP crusade is about but I for one am tired of reading the same thing over and over on all DAP threads. Some of your arguments make sense, but they have been made. Only hands on experience would provide more weight to them.

 

 

Whoa! NO it was not aimed at you - it was a broad statement.

 

But look at that aggressive defensiveness...

 

You say you 'hope' I am not personally referring to you (which I'm not) and then proceed to personally have a go at me before you've even established whether or not I was referring to you!

 

 

I can very easily and simply explain why I do not have many DAPs - it is simply because ill-health has put me at financial zero for the past 18 months.  Believe me, as soon as I get back on-track, financially, I will be buying one or several DAPs. Just because I don't have the luxury, like you, of having a stable income at the moment, does not mean I cease to lose interest in what DAPs the market has to offer. My current situation is only temporary, and I am certainly not the only one who maintains a keen interest whilst lacking the funds to purchase. Head-fi does not have to be an elitist club. I don't resent anyone here for self-indulgently posting photos of their expensive DAPs/amps/DACs or whatever, for people to admire/drool over/congratulate/massage the owner's ego, etc. I observe it but do not harbour negative emotion about it and I don't expect anyone to resent me for temporarily being unable to purchase gear, through no fault of my own.

 

I think there is an unhealthy tendency amongst some of the 'would-be elitists' here on Head-fi that they love to think perceived 'paupers' like myself are not worthy of Head-fi membership and should be "seen but not heard". These elitists love to buy all the expensive toys as soon as they are released, then gratuitously flaunt them for public adulation, and revel in both the adulation and the perceived 'respect' of others who look to them as somehow being an overnight authority on the device they've just purchased, and then have the attitude that "woe betide anyone who says anything that might burst my bubble about my latest gear 'fix' ". It's very much as though they identify so strongly with the device they've purchased (and how others might view them by virtue of their envied ownership of the device) that they perceive that anyone criticising the device must also, by association, be criticising them, personally, as the owner of said device. Sadly, this is a not-uncommon mistake of personal identification with external objects, that is becoming increasingly common in modern society hypnotised to believe that personal happiness derives from ownership of commercial objects. As a race, we are losing sight of the fact that peace of mind (of which happiness is but a part) actually comes from within.

 

 

Mimouille, I'm genuinely perplexed as to why you feel my remark was a personal dig at you, but it is clear from your above remarks that you have been ruminating about me for quite some time. Perhaps you should take a step back from head-fi participation if you are accumulating so much negative thinking, negative emotion and animosity within yourself, about one or more people across the world whom you've never met. It's very unhealthy for a person's psychological wellbeing (and I am qualified to say that).

 

From my side of this, I can only offer peace. I hope you can do the same.

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 12/18/13 at 5:41am
post #2340 of 12555
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Very true, I agree you can't compare things you never heard. But you can quote people who had them and compared them together. As long as you say someone who owned the two said ... However I don't think this was about comparing things one did not have but more about wanting to hear unbiased comparisons. As those would just color the impression and be worth nothing to anyone who wants to buy one.
I agree on all counts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014