Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 12

post #166 of 11456

Just curious, which headphones are you guys going to use with X5?

post #167 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post

Just curious, which headphones are you guys going to use with X5?

Most likely some grados, the ones i'm using now aren't meant for portable use(RS2's) so probably the 80(i)'s
post #168 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Sorry, X5 will not carry build in memory because we want to use the newest technology, which DRAM and the Flash is packaged in the same chip. it can help increase the speed and save the space . but it is hard to find such chip with high capacity .

Means we will have a very high speed of scanning files, start up device and reading cards, but we can only use microsd cards and currenty technology it is limited with 64 gb. So 64 x 2 will be the highest amount we can jump to? Fair enough and nice but it leads me to a different question. People are guessing 128 gb mircosd cards will be available 'soon' (don't know how soon). When they are out, will we be able to use 128 x 2 or 64 x 2 will be the maximum limit?

post #169 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post

Just curious, which headphones are you guys going to use with X5?

For the moment I will use it with German Maestro GMP 8.35D Monitor, but that will be me only full sized can I think, I am going towards to CIEM world and going to purchase 2 top level ciems for 'fun' sounding and 'analytical' sounding.

 

I think I will get Spiral Ear SE 5 Way Reference and SE 3 Way Pro, however I didn't decide yet and I don't have money for them either. Also Westone ES5 seems incredibly tempting I must say. Heir Audio Tzar 350 is also in my range too.

post #170 of 11456

JH13 for life

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post

Just curious, which headphones are you guys going to use with X5?

post #171 of 11456
Subbed.
post #172 of 11456

I Fiio can come out with X5 in octomber 2013 will be good, just in time for my birthday.

So many choices now:

Tera Player

AK120

HM901

DX50

If James will give us a A+ sounding DAP with the price of $500 usd this will sell like hot cakes.

post #173 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post

Just curious, which headphones are you guys going to use with X5?
My DT1350 and HE-400s! Which don't actually require a lot of power but benefits a lot from a good source and amplification. Really excited! smily_headphones1.gif
post #174 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

I Fiio can come out with X5 in octomber 2013 will be good, just in time for my birthday.

So many choices now:

Tera Player

AK120

HM901

DX50

If James will give us a A+ sounding DAP with the price of $500 usd this will sell like hot cakes.

Dude, the prices changes a lot on your list. DX50 and X5 will be around 450 500 $ (DX50, just a guess and James said X5 will be more or less X3 price x 2).

TP: 850 €

AK120: 1300 €

HM901: 1000 $

 

I think, depending on the headphones/iems you will use, you should make your decision. Everybody says TP sounds magically but don't forget it has 2 headphone outs with around 10 and 20 ohm OI which can cause some problems with some iems.

 

AK120 has 3 OI which is already better than AK100 but still there are sooo many iems/ciems under 24 ohm (Miracle, ES5 as flagship ciems with less than 24 ohm impedance).

 

I don't want to go on like that but there are a lot of different factors so it all depends on your priorities.

 

I must say, with that price range, if FiiO can make it sound like high ends with nice battery and dual microsd card slots, I will throw my wallet to the screen.

post #175 of 11456

James, will the headphone out of x5 be at the top or the bottom of the player?

i think (and many people would agree with me) h.phone out in the bottom is much more usable.

post #176 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenedosian View Post

James, will the headphone out of x5 be at the top or the bottom of the player?

i think (and many people would agree with me) h.phone out in the bottom is much more usable.


I wouldn't agree.  Out of the top is my preference.

post #177 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


I wouldn't agree.  Out of the top is my preference.

+1 for me too - normally the dap sits in the pocket right way up so the cable coming from the top is better ergonomically for me - it it came out the bottom it would not sit right in the pocket

post #178 of 11456
+2 I would like it on the top for my shirt pocket.
post #179 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post

+2 I would like it on the top for my shirt pocket.

 

the headphone out and line out is on the top.

post #180 of 11456
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Dude, the prices changes a lot on your list. DX50 and X5 will be around 450 500 $ (DX50, just a guess and James said X5 will be more or less X3 price x 2).

TP: 850 €

AK120: 1300 €

HM901: 1000 $

 

I think, depending on the headphones/iems you will use, you should make your decision. Everybody says TP sounds magically but don't forget it has 2 headphone outs with around 10 and 20 ohm OI which can cause some problems with some iems.

 

AK120 has 3 OI which is already better than AK100 but still there are sooo many iems/ciems under 24 ohm (Miracle, ES5 as flagship ciems with less than 24 ohm impedance).

 

I don't want to go on like that but there are a lot of different factors so it all depends on your priorities.

 

I must say, with that price range, if FiiO can make it sound like high ends with nice battery and dual microsd card slots, I will throw my wallet to the screen.

 

How to class and high end DAP? depended on the retail price ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014