Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 808

post #12106 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by all999 View Post
 

 

Did what You sugested. Noise is still there, it starts when I hit play and stays there even when the music stops. The intense of this noise is the same irrespective of volume i set. I've tried all firmwares available from Fiio and tested on diffrent tracks. My CIEMs are Lime Ears LE3SW, but I can hear it also on my HD25-1, of course it's much quiter.

 

If you can hear it on the HD25-1 then I'll assume it is not normal.  LE3 isn't that sensitive to be able to be affected by background hiss either, consider how good SNR is on the X5. Even my Shure SE530, which is rated to be more sensitive than your LE3 doesn't pick up any noise from X5. I think there might be something wrong with your X5 unit. You might want to consider an exchange with the seller.

post #12107 of 12117
Just to double confirm, go try another pair of earbuds/IEM/headphones on the X5
post #12108 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Even my Shure SE530, which is rated to be more sensitive than your LE3 doesn't pick up any noise from X5. \

 

Would you recommend using low-impedance IEMs straight from the X5?

 

Or would it be best to use the line-out function into a low output impedance amplifier? 

post #12109 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Would you recommend using low-impedance IEMs straight from the X5?

 

Or would it be best to use the line-out function into a low output impedance amplifier? 

 

Sure I will. I usually just use X5 on its own when the IEM isn't hard to drive. X5 itself already has low output impedance so it is not a factor for concern. However, my reason is more for convenience rather than SQ. I do use amp as well, if I am in the mood and going to be stationary mostly.

post #12110 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by all999 View Post

Got X5 since yesterday, and started with a huge problem. On my ciems I can hear some quiet noise and crackling when music is stopped or when its playing really quiet. I'ts unrelated to volume level. Anyone had the same? It came with 1.20 fw so I suppose it's some early build.

I don't hear any noise or crackling on my X5 on any of my 10+ headphones/IEMs. It's very likely that you have a faulty unit. The X5 is well known for its black background.

post #12111 of 12117

Ok, I replaced my X5 at the store, now it's quiet and black:) In spite of all, i'm getting back to DX90, much better connection with my LE3. Anyway, thank You for your help...

post #12112 of 12117


I read through some of you guys posts and a feed back msg to you XP_98... I use a pair of NAD HP50's and running a X5/E12 DIY( and the HS6 kit) and it is a definite improvement for me .I listen to quite a variety of genre and I am very well satisfied with my portable rig. To me it made a difference between just using the built in amp on the X5 compared to the E12 DIY. Im considering looking at other amps for the future but for now this works great with the HP50's. oh and I'm 49 as well and not completely deaf yet

:P

post #12113 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post
 

I don't hear any noise or crackling on my X5 on any of my 10+ headphones/IEMs. It's very likely that you have a faulty unit. The X5 is well known for its black background.

 

This has me wondering if there is some variation with X5s as I can hear a slight hiss with my SE846s... Does anyone else hear this or might some X5s have a slightly higher noise floor for some reason?

post #12114 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

This has me wondering if there is some variation with X5s as I can hear a slight hiss with my SE846s... Does anyone else hear this or might some X5s have a slightly higher noise floor for some reason?

Confirmed!  I can totally tell when the X5 kicks in after pwr up.  It's not 100% hiss free but IMO, not noticeable when music's playing.

post #12115 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Confirmed!  I can totally tell when the X5 kicks in after pwr up.  It's not 100% hiss free but IMO, not noticeable when music's playing.

 

Phew! Glad to hear that. I agree that once the music is on it's insignificant, but wanted to be sure.

 

I think I've been listening to the X5 at lower volumes than when I use my amp and it's been tricking me into thinking that the X5 is a long way behind the E12DIY. When volume matched though (just by ear as best I can) the X5 is actually much, much closer. Not quite as good, but very close (using IEMs in this case). I am so used to high powered devices that I keep forgetting that I need to turn the X5 up quite high (around 50/100) to reach optimal volumes when on low gain mode.

post #12116 of 12117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francki Conniff View Post
 


I read through some of you guys posts and a feed back msg to you XP_98... I use a pair of NAD HP50's and running a X5/E12 DIY( and the HS6 kit) and it is a definite improvement for me .I listen to quite a variety of genre and I am very well satisfied with my portable rig. To me it made a difference between just using the built in amp on the X5 compared to the E12 DIY. Im considering looking at other amps for the future but for now this works great with the HP50's. oh and I'm 49 as well and not completely deaf yet

:P


Thank you for this feedback :)

I just ordered the X5... and the E12 (here in France, only the regular E12 was available not the DIY). :gs1000smile:

post #12117 of 12117
Enjoy! It's a nice setup.

I had the chance to also try the Cayin C5 yesterday. Its a bit longer than an E12, but similar footprint overall and sounds very nice. I compared it to my E12DIY and slightly prefered the DIY, but the C5 was very nearly as good for anyone looking at good X5 amping options.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014