Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 719

post #10771 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardbop View Post
 

I can't seem to install the USB DAC drivers. I always get errors about pre-installation.

 

This should help:

http://www.fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000041232752

post #10772 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH13 View Post

I get the feeling that many complaining have bought this as a gadget. Those that love listening to music are happily enjoying the music without pondering every facility it may or may not have.

^^ +1 ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post

At New York's B&H store, both the X3 and the X5 are being returned in relatively large numbers, mostly because of a bad user interface experience.

Stats or it didn't happen wink_face.gif
post #10773 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


^^ +1 ^^
Stats or it didn't happen wink_face.gif

 

never heard about any unreasonable RMA from B&H, and why people can said that without any evidence? 

post #10774 of 14581
People are used to their I Phones, and are unable to learn and operate the x5 correctly. Once I figured out how to set up and use the x5 I have had no problems. A very nice player with very nice sound. Paired with my Fitear 334's it make a trouble free mobile package.
post #10775 of 14581

No returns from Android users, natch.

post #10776 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardbop View Post
 

No returns from Android users, natch.

If you can use an android phone (properly) you can use anything :))

The weird thing is DOS and early Windows users were the same, had to do all kinds of troubleshooting and small mods to make everything work. Now, we are driven to being uncreative and stupid

post #10777 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

never heard about any unreasonable RMA from B&H, and why people can said that without any evidence? 


James...it is just bla bla bla

post #10778 of 14581

guys i just plugged my iems into the coax line out on the x5 by mistake (it was dark)

 

I heard so weird noises coming from the left channel and unplugged them and then noticed what I had done

 

Could this have damaged my iems at all?

post #10779 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICWUTUDIDTHAR View Post
 

guys i just plugged my iems into the coax line out on the x5 by mistake (it was dark)

 

I heard so weird noises coming from the left channel and unplugged them and then noticed what I had done

 

Could this have damaged my iems at all?

Not likely. Do they work ok when connected to the HO? If so, all is well. If not... Ooops.

post #10780 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulty View Post
 

Not likely. Do they work ok when connected to the HO? If so, all is well. If not... Ooops.

 

ya they seem to work fine, cant hear any distortion or anyting

post #10781 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


^^ +1 ^^
Stats or it didn't happen wink_face.gif

Stats? Of this? Really? That's always an easy way to dismiss whatever it's being discussed. Let me turn it around for you: stats that it didn't happen or it did happen.

post #10782 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

never heard about any unreasonable RMA from B&H, and why people can said that without any evidence? 

James: I just know one of the employees at the returns department, and when I did return the E12 he told me about the X3 and the X5 being returned because people can't use the UI properly or they were expecting something different.
B&H have an automatic open box re-sale of returned items on their used products store. That's why you don't see returns as RMAs. The returned items work just fine, they don't have to be RMA'd. They are resold as open box. If you are interested, call B&H and tell them who you are, I think they will give you the exact info on that.

When you sell an X3/X5 right next to the iPod Touch, you risk a lot of returns because the iPod sets a very high bar on the UI aspect of a DAP. That is the problem with selling a niche product in a consumer retail store. The sales guy tells the customers that the X3/X5 has better sound than the iPod, which of course is true. But buyers are unaware that they are not gonna get an iPod UI on a more expensive DAP. That assures a relatively high rate of returns, at least in the US, where that is so easy to do.

Almost everything I have said about the X5 is regarding the UI. I love the X5 myself and some friends have bought it as well. I have 8 FiiO devices, which is something not many can say at this thread. 

A lot of people just can't discuss something in a friendly, intelligent manner. They have to pick a side, stand their ground, and you are either with them or against them. There's no middle, neutral ground to discuss things using the head instead of the heart. You CAN love the X5 while not being completely satisfied with the UI, and talk about it.

However, thanks for being active on this forum, is a welcome thing to see for us costumers.

post #10783 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post

Stats? Of this? Really? That's always an easy way to dismiss whatever it's being discussed. Let me turn it around for you: stats that it didn't happen or it did happen.

Seriously? Way to back up your point...
post #10784 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Seriously? Way to back up your point...

How am I supposed to back up a point in a way that's not possible? Can you back up your point in any statistical way? Can you prove me wrong?
 

You can only have stats of something that is measured regularly, accurately and you have complete access to. Otherwise, it's not called stats.

I'm based on what the person responsible for the returns told me, and it did make a lot of sense to me at the time. People buy a DAP more expensive than a iPod. They don't like the UI. They return it. End of story.

post #10785 of 14581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muenchener View Post
 

How am I supposed to back up a point in a way that's not possible? Can you back up your point in any statistical way? Can you prove me wrong?
 

You can only have stats of something that is measured regularly, accurately and you have complete access to. Otherwise, it's not called stats.

I'm based on what the person responsible for the returns told me, and it did make a lot of sense to me at the time. People buy a DAP more expensive than a iPod. They don't like the UI. They return it. End of story.

 

You made the original statement, so the burden of proof is on you, not on everyone else to disprove it. If you can't, you can't complain if people dismiss your statement.

 

If one of their vendors is seeing a large amount of returns, that sounds to me like the kind of thing FiiO would know about. I work in web sales, and I can tell you right now that when we have abnormal quality issues with a product, the first thing we do is to contact the manufacturer and try to work out a solution, since it doesn't help them, us, or especially our customers to go on knowingly selling unsatisfactory products.

 

And why would the X3 suddenly start getting large amounts of returns, a year after release?

 

Lastly, if you really do have a friend at B&H, and this friend really does see a lot of returns of FiiO DAPs, but they let you buy an X5 anyway without warning you what you were probably getting in for, they sure didn't do their job as a friend.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014