Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 700

post #10486 of 12767
Still wishing SACD ISO playback in in the plan😁
post #10487 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr1971 View Post

Thanks for the heads up on that one, I've never seen it before. Does it troll through all subdirectories?

Yes, it works through all the folders.
post #10488 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by prazvt View Post

Hey guys - I'm new to head-fi, but have used it as a reference for a long time.  I just received my X5 and two 128GB Micro SD cards today; I updated the X5 to v2.05 beta and I'm currently loading music onto the cars.  The vast majority of my music is FLAC; just wondered if anyone knew if there was a max # of songs allowed now that larger cards are supported?

Thanks,

Praz

Beta v2.05 is already out?
post #10489 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post

Beta v2.05 is already out?

Sorry that was a typo. I meant 2.02.
post #10490 of 12767

Could you share if there are any differences between 2.02 and the 2.00? In terms of appearance and functionality?

post #10491 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post

Could you share if there are any differences between 2.02 and the 2.00? In terms of appearance and functionality?

The appearance is the same but the artist category has a new sub category to play all songs by the artist, and it works perfectly. Also, the bass seems to be improved.

You can find out all the changes in the first post of this thread as well as various impressions here
Edited by x RELIC x - 6/17/14 at 9:38am
post #10492 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RELIC x View Post


The appearance is the same but the artist category has a new sub category to play all songs by the artist, and it works perfectly. Also, the bass seems to be improved.

You can find out all the changes in the first post of this thread as well as various impressions here


Thanks for the info x RELIC x! Will check out the link you provided :)

post #10493 of 12767

Can anyone tell me if there's a bugzilla or anything from FiiO about the fact (as of v2.0) that you can't boot the E5 while it's plugged into a charger?

Having to unplug the charger just to wake it up then plugging it straight back in is... getting old. More to the point it's sure to wear down/damage the socket eventually. Thanks.

post #10494 of 12767

On one hand, I feel it's wise for me to lower my expectations about what kind of improvements I should look for in future X5 firmware updates. While several features are being "worked on", I've been seeing frequent statements along the lines of "Sorry, the device is limited, we can't do that."

 

On the other hand, I see the vast improvement to the X3 from the new firmware, and I feel like FiiO's engineers are capable of performing some more magic with this device.

 

It's been a couple of months now and I'm still in love with its sound quality. 2.02 is certainly a step in the right direction. I only hope we'll see many of the most sought-after enhancements come in the next weeks and months.

post #10495 of 12767

where can I get the V2.02?

 

update: sorry, I found it


Edited by jorge8 - 6/17/14 at 12:35pm
post #10496 of 12767

Well my X5 just shut itself off again. I was listening to a 48/24 song at like 70 volume on low gain, and it just shut itself off like it did when I had it a bit too loud. This wasn't even remotely loud this time so I'm thinking I'm going to have to send it back. I'm not sure what the issue is and I can't always replicate the problem. Has anyone else experience something like this?

 

EDIT: I suppose it's possible that there's some problem with the songs I'm listening to. I've found one song that causes the X5 to either shut off or skip to the next song every single time. Is there some program I could use to analyze the song itself to see if there's some extreme problem with it that would cause the X5 to malfunction at the hardware level? X5 has skipped a few of them in this album (Lord of the Rings Complete Recordings DVD-Audio) but I can't get it to do that consistently every time. I ripped them with DVD-A Extractor a few years ago and haven't really ever had any trouble playing them on my PC though.

 

EDIT 2: It does seem like the issue was that the FLAC was corrupted, as found by AudioTester. I'm going to see if it's corrupted on my hard drive to confirm.


Edited by BaerGriggs - 6/17/14 at 1:38pm
post #10497 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
 

Well my X5 just shut itself off again. I was listening to a 48/24 song at like 70 volume on low gain, and it just shut itself off like it did when I had it a bit too loud. This wasn't even remotely loud this time so I'm thinking I'm going to have to send it back. I'm not sure what the issue is and I can't always replicate the problem. Has anyone else experience something like this?


I am trying to keep the payer on continuous play at night for burn in but it shuts down after an 2 hours or so. It is plugged in to the charger while playing. Hopefully 2.02 upgrade will solve this.

post #10498 of 12767

I download a program called AudioTester from vuplayer and ran the file that had issues through it. This was the message I received:

 

 

So I'm going to just assume that the FLAC file was corrupted and that's the whole reason why the X5 crashed on the song/skipped it? I have absolutely no clue how this file got messed up but it sure looks like that's the case.


Edited by BaerGriggs - 6/17/14 at 1:41pm
post #10499 of 12767

Do you guys think its worth buying fiio X5 overall?

post #10500 of 12767
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


I am trying to keep the payer on continuous play at night for burn in but it shuts down after an 2 hours or so. It is plugged in to the charger while playing. Hopefully 2.02 upgrade will solve this.


I find that the connection is a bit shoddy.  Sometimes I think I'm connected to the usb port but I'm actually not and I gotta shake it a little or reconnect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014