- 236 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- This auction should be interesting.... Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's excluding STAX, I wonder if the new headphone by Monster (in collaboration with Hublot) would be in the list.
It's coming out in summer with an RRP of $2,275
#1 is the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus).
I think they were around $16000 new, and some have gone for nearly double that 2nd hand.
Edited by GREQ - 4/25/13 at 4:55am
Maybe we should include modded headphones like Lil Waynes diamond encrusted Beats - they're estimated to be worth $1,000,000.
Here we can take 'most expensive' to mean the biggest diminished returns in history.
Sennheiser Orpheus and Sony Qualia are the two that I had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beautiful beautiful headphones, sadly I can't afford them.
Are you looking for "most expensive that has a practice use" or "most expensive that should be displayed in a showroom"?
Why not change it to the "most expensive headphones that are worth it" (look of disgust at the diamond encrusted beats)
And a lot of those out of production super expensive headphones are just not worth it unless ur a collector (like orpheus)
most expensive headphones that are worth their expense: stax sr009, LCD-3, HD800, T1, HE-6.
I have not heard the abyss headphones but they look abyssmally ugly if you ask me. (i have heard that it sounds better than LCD-3 but i doubt its worth their asking price)
Sennheiser Orpheus HE90, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE60, JPS Abyss, Stax 009, Sony R10 (bass light and heavy), Sony Qualia, Audio Technica Leatherhead L3000
Did I miss any. All pushing over 3k.
U missed the diamond encrusted version of the Stax 009.
- The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › good quality portable amp 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 6 minutes ago
- › Diy Headphones with sennheiser ie8 drivers on eBay? It's only $45 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)