- 236 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 8/17/14 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's excluding STAX, I wonder if the new headphone by Monster (in collaboration with Hublot) would be in the list.
It's coming out in summer with an RRP of $2,275
#1 is the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus).
I think they were around $16000 new, and some have gone for nearly double that 2nd hand.
Edited by GREQ - 4/25/13 at 4:55am
Maybe we should include modded headphones like Lil Waynes diamond encrusted Beats - they're estimated to be worth $1,000,000.
Here we can take 'most expensive' to mean the biggest diminished returns in history.
Sennheiser Orpheus and Sony Qualia are the two that I had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beautiful beautiful headphones, sadly I can't afford them.
Are you looking for "most expensive that has a practice use" or "most expensive that should be displayed in a showroom"?
Why not change it to the "most expensive headphones that are worth it" (look of disgust at the diamond encrusted beats)
And a lot of those out of production super expensive headphones are just not worth it unless ur a collector (like orpheus)
most expensive headphones that are worth their expense: stax sr009, LCD-3, HD800, T1, HE-6.
I have not heard the abyss headphones but they look abyssmally ugly if you ask me. (i have heard that it sounds better than LCD-3 but i doubt its worth their asking price)
Sennheiser Orpheus HE90, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE60, JPS Abyss, Stax 009, Sony R10 (bass light and heavy), Sony Qualia, Audio Technica Leatherhead L3000
Did I miss any. All pushing over 3k.
U missed the diamond encrusted version of the Stax 009.
- The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 28 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Looking for tips like stock GR07 that will fit on a 5.5" nozzle. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 3 minutes ago
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)