- 236 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- This auction should be interesting.... Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 4/4/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. I can...
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's excluding STAX, I wonder if the new headphone by Monster (in collaboration with Hublot) would be in the list.
It's coming out in summer with an RRP of $2,275
#1 is the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus).
I think they were around $16000 new, and some have gone for nearly double that 2nd hand.
Edited by GREQ - 4/25/13 at 4:55am
Maybe we should include modded headphones like Lil Waynes diamond encrusted Beats - they're estimated to be worth $1,000,000.
Here we can take 'most expensive' to mean the biggest diminished returns in history.
Sennheiser Orpheus and Sony Qualia are the two that I had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beautiful beautiful headphones, sadly I can't afford them.
Are you looking for "most expensive that has a practice use" or "most expensive that should be displayed in a showroom"?
Why not change it to the "most expensive headphones that are worth it" (look of disgust at the diamond encrusted beats)
And a lot of those out of production super expensive headphones are just not worth it unless ur a collector (like orpheus)
most expensive headphones that are worth their expense: stax sr009, LCD-3, HD800, T1, HE-6.
I have not heard the abyss headphones but they look abyssmally ugly if you ask me. (i have heard that it sounds better than LCD-3 but i doubt its worth their asking price)
Sennheiser Orpheus HE90, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE60, JPS Abyss, Stax 009, Sony R10 (bass light and heavy), Sony Qualia, Audio Technica Leatherhead L3000
Did I miss any. All pushing over 3k.
U missed the diamond encrusted version of the Stax 009.
- The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Black HD700 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help With a 1st Gen Fiio X3 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)