- 238 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- This auction should be interesting.... Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 4/4/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's excluding STAX, I wonder if the new headphone by Monster (in collaboration with Hublot) would be in the list.
It's coming out in summer with an RRP of $2,275
#1 is the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus).
I think they were around $16000 new, and some have gone for nearly double that 2nd hand.
Edited by GREQ - 4/25/13 at 4:55am
Maybe we should include modded headphones like Lil Waynes diamond encrusted Beats - they're estimated to be worth $1,000,000.
Here we can take 'most expensive' to mean the biggest diminished returns in history.
Sennheiser Orpheus and Sony Qualia are the two that I had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beautiful beautiful headphones, sadly I can't afford them.
Are you looking for "most expensive that has a practice use" or "most expensive that should be displayed in a showroom"?
Why not change it to the "most expensive headphones that are worth it" (look of disgust at the diamond encrusted beats)
And a lot of those out of production super expensive headphones are just not worth it unless ur a collector (like orpheus)
most expensive headphones that are worth their expense: stax sr009, LCD-3, HD800, T1, HE-6.
I have not heard the abyss headphones but they look abyssmally ugly if you ask me. (i have heard that it sounds better than LCD-3 but i doubt its worth their asking price)
Sennheiser Orpheus HE90, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE60, JPS Abyss, Stax 009, Sony R10 (bass light and heavy), Sony Qualia, Audio Technica Leatherhead L3000
Did I miss any. All pushing over 3k.
U missed the diamond encrusted version of the Stax 009.
- The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 28 seconds ago
- › WTB - Brainwavz B2/Fischer Audio DBA-02 48 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets - Black Cable 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Need headphones for under 15$ 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets from Kickstarter Campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 5 minutes ago
- › New z170 mobo doesn't have Toslink 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2