- 236 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- This auction should be interesting.... Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 4/4/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's excluding STAX, I wonder if the new headphone by Monster (in collaboration with Hublot) would be in the list.
It's coming out in summer with an RRP of $2,275
#1 is the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus).
I think they were around $16000 new, and some have gone for nearly double that 2nd hand.
Edited by GREQ - 4/25/13 at 4:55am
Maybe we should include modded headphones like Lil Waynes diamond encrusted Beats - they're estimated to be worth $1,000,000.
Here we can take 'most expensive' to mean the biggest diminished returns in history.
Sennheiser Orpheus and Sony Qualia are the two that I had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beautiful beautiful headphones, sadly I can't afford them.
Are you looking for "most expensive that has a practice use" or "most expensive that should be displayed in a showroom"?
Why not change it to the "most expensive headphones that are worth it" (look of disgust at the diamond encrusted beats)
And a lot of those out of production super expensive headphones are just not worth it unless ur a collector (like orpheus)
most expensive headphones that are worth their expense: stax sr009, LCD-3, HD800, T1, HE-6.
I have not heard the abyss headphones but they look abyssmally ugly if you ask me. (i have heard that it sounds better than LCD-3 but i doubt its worth their asking price)
Sennheiser Orpheus HE90, Sennheiser Baby Orpheus HE60, JPS Abyss, Stax 009, Sony R10 (bass light and heavy), Sony Qualia, Audio Technica Leatherhead L3000
Did I miss any. All pushing over 3k.
U missed the diamond encrusted version of the Stax 009.
- The Top Five 'Most Expensive' Headphones of all Time. What are they? Who's heard them? Thoughts and opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 9 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 30 seconds ago
- › Amp or Amp/DAC for Philips Fidelio X2? 35 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2