Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 59  

post #871 of 3609

We're finally getting closer to a price! If my headstage arrow covers 1/2 the cost of the dx50, then i'd be fairly happy.

post #872 of 3609
They said they'd email me once they decided on the price...so I guess we'll see...
post #873 of 3609

Relax, this type of stuff happens with these threads. there is no new development on the DX50 so the thread starts to derail a bit till the next development...

 

In the meantime, who knows what the heck we'll start talking about next!

 

 

Back on topic, my travels to the future indicate that pricing for the DX50 will be $329 USD retail. mad.gif

 

tongue.gif

post #874 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

Relax, this type of stuff happens with these threads. there is no new development on the DX50 so the thread starts to derail a bit till the next development...

 

In the meantime, who knows what the heck we'll start talking about next!

 

 

Back on topic, my travels to the future indicate that pricing for the DX50 will be $329 USD retail. mad.gif

 

tongue.gif

 

That would seem... pretty reasonable.. or not?

post #875 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

Relax, this type of stuff happens with these threads. there is no new development on the DX50 so the thread starts to derail a bit till the next development...

 

In the meantime, who knows what the heck we'll start talking about next!

 

 

Back on topic, my travels to the future indicate that pricing for the DX50 will be $329 USD retail. mad.gif

 

tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure there was some sort of psychic genius who predicted that price some weeks ago...

post #876 of 3609

I am going to go on a limb here and say DX100 is 829.00 USD so the DX50 is half the DX100, then 414.50 USD LMAO.

 

I guess it can't be any more less scientific than this :)

post #877 of 3609

I think it will be around 400 $ range, a bit less or a bit more.

post #878 of 3609

$329 with the hoped-for level of SQ would be a slam-dunk, IMO. Here's hoping!

post #879 of 3609

The technical spec in DX50 is almost identical to Fiio X3 ($199) except DX50 has a Replaceable Battery.

 

I predict the price for DX50 would be a slightly higher than Fiio X3 due to its good reputation in DX100 & HDP-R10.

The price range is from $249 to $299.

 

However for sure the sound quality in DX50 might not come close to DX100.

 

Just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.biggrin.gif


Edited by cyberalpha11 - 6/16/13 at 4:53pm
post #880 of 3609
At that price range, it's a no brainer.
post #881 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

The technical spec in DX50 is almost identical to Fiio X3 ($199) except DX50 has a Replaceable Battery.

I predict the price for DX50 would be a slightly higher than Fiio X3 due to its good reputation in DX100 & HDP-R10.
The price range is from $249 to $299.

However for sure the sound quality in DX50 might not come close to DX100.

Just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.biggrin.gif
It's not all about the tech specs. Or is it... O_o
post #882 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post


It's not all about the tech specs. Or is it... O_o

 

No, it is not.

post #883 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post


It's not all about the tech specs. Or is it... O_o

Just wait....in six weeks there will be a thread asking if anyone has ABX'ed a DX50 and X3 and can tell them apart....popcorn.gif

post #884 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

Back on topic, my travels to the future indicate that pricing for the DX50 will be $329 USD retail. mad.gif

 

tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I'm pretty sure there was some sort of psychic genius who predicted that price some weeks ago...

WHAT!!! dude, that's crazy! what are the odds that we'd come up with the same price!

 

forget the damned time machine, psychic abilities is where it's at!wink_face.gif

post #885 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

The technical spec in DX50 is almost identical to Fiio X3 ($199) except DX50 has a Replaceable Battery.

 

I predict the price for DX50 would be a slightly higher than Fiio X3 due to its good reputation in DX100 & HDP-R10.

The price range is from $249 to $299.

 

However for sure the sound quality in DX50 might not come close to DX100.

 

Just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.biggrin.gif

 

X3 is great value but it has it compromises on the build quality, casing material, UI, and screen. Even if on feature alone, I think you're missing the touch screen? Just the panel itself would cost $15 a pop at bulk price.

At the end of the day, market drive pricing. With the success of AK100, we should be happy if iBasso price this under $500 as I would fully expect it to be a better substitute for AK100 on all aspect - size, sound, appearance, UI, features, build. It would be optimistic if we expect it to be priced below AK100 street price.
Edited by kkcc - 6/16/13 at 9:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .