Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 229  

post #3421 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

you are in 1-st batch, right?

Definitively I ordered within an hour of the launch and they said so. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3422 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Definitively I ordered within an hour of the launch and they said so. smily_headphones1.gif

Looking forward to your reviews popcorn.gif

post #3423 of 3609

Icefalkon - If something was broken out of the dealership in my BMW, I would go back and kindly but firmly ask for a fix and some sort of compensation for the trouble. However, I would not go on bimmerpost and f30post and go raging/QQing and spraying diarrhea all over the forums. See my point now? I don't know about the other DX100 owners, but as for me, it was more like: the sound is so good that iBasso's mistake is forgivable. However, this is different from: the sound is so good that I'll just accept the flaw and act like nothing happened. I would go through a huge sh**storm to get a fix however I can, but I won't be an a-hole about it and accuse them of malpractice.


Edited by Girls Generation - 9/2/13 at 9:52am
post #3424 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Icefalkon - If something was broken out of the dealership in my BMW, I would go back and kindly but firmly ask for a fix and some sort of compensation for the trouble. However, I would not go on bimmerpost and f30post and go raging/QQing and spraying diarrhea all over the forums. See my point now?

 

That milk turned into cheese and there was also a cracker in the fridge.

 

(I hope my incredibly deep humor is funny for you as it is for me, hahahahaha)


Edited by RAFA - 9/2/13 at 9:54am
post #3425 of 3609
@FrozenParrot. Honestly maybe the get a life was a bit harsh but that is how I am, I am not always tactful, and I sometimes regret. This time not so much. It is just my opinion. A new player from a small company comes out and they have an unexpected issue in production (try to deal with supplier in China), which leads to a VERY SHORT delay for which they apologize and offer compensation. And grown ups who have ordered it say it is a complete shame and want to cancel their order? For a 230 dollar product in a hobby where an IC can cost twice as much. You cannot tell me this is not overreacting.

As for the DX100, I bought mine in January 2013 and of course encountered countless issues, but none as severe as with my Cowon X7 who bricked three times and had to be sent back to Korea each time ! It is entirely personal but I do feel that ibasso should be called out on QC vs. other comparable companies, and I owned several of their products.

My last thoughts on the subject and sorry if I offended you. And also based on your sound preference the 901 is the player for you.
post #3426 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Icefalkon - If something was broken out of the dealership in my BMW, I would go back and kindly but firmly ask for a fix and some sort of compensation for the trouble.

And they would gladly take care of the problem while profusely apologizing, but the odds of you getting compensation for your trouble for your trouble are slim to none lol.



I think iBasso tried to do good here in the end. Could they have handled it a bit better? Sure, but this is not an end of the world scenario.

People are getting upset because they "lied." Fine I can see that. Let them voice their grievances and move on. It only becomes a thing when people start arguing about it. And believe me, it was hard for me not to respond several times.
post #3427 of 3609

Well if it was a new BMW right off the lot, I'm sure they would've given me another free fill up. :) But for the most part you've nailed it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


And they would gladly take care of the problem while profusely apologizing, but the odds of you getting compensation for your trouble for your trouble are slim to none lol.
 
post #3428 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Well if it was a new BMW right off the lot, I'm sure they would've given me another free fill up. smily_headphones1.gif But for the most part you've nailed it haha.

I am afraid you expect too much, normally new BMW warranty covers 2 years provided you do all works at authorised dealer. Sure they would be happy to have you since they make money too while BMW pays. Once out of warranty you will learn what it costs in real money terms and I am afraid you will not like your bill.

As regards gear you know some people live in places where no Ibasso or shops selling them, so the only chance is to bite the bullet and pay postal if you want problem fix. You cannot just drop by the dealer because there is no dealer or shop in my whole area and else in Europe who would kindly take care of my issue.

Same applies to computers, this is why i like Apple because they have service and communication, so i stick with Apples... But Ibasso is neither a car nor a computer and it does not have extensive warranty coverage as i know.

NB: i usually prefer brand new car because when anything happens just throw them you keys and wait thenm call you when done :-)

Good beer and a white Bavarian sausage would help you learn appreciate simple live necessities.
post #3429 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


I am afraid you expect too much, normally new BMW warranty covers 2 years provided you do all works at authorised dealer. Sure they would be happy to have you since they make money too while BMW pays. Once out of warranty you will learn what it costs in real money terms and I am afraid you will not like your bill.

As regards gear you know some people live in places where no Ibasso or shops selling them, so the only chance is to bite the bullet and pay postal if you want problem fix. You cannot just drop by the dealer because there is no dealer or shop in my whole area and else in Europe who would kindly take care of my issue.

Same applies to computers, this is why i like Apple because they have service and communication, so i stick with Apples... But Ibasso is neither a car nor a computer and it does not have extensive warranty coverage as i know.

NB: i usually prefer brand new car because when anything happens just throw them you keys and wait thenm call you when done :-)

Good beer and a white Bavarian sausage would help you learn appreciate simple live necessities.

 

 

beer also needs to be Bavarian though :D the two times I was in munchen, good Bavarian beer and those white sausages went really well together...

post #3430 of 3609

New BMW warranty is four years. Multiple dealerships = competition, and reputation is everything. I have absolutely no doubt the dealership I drove out of would've given me compensation, and same goes for the three other BMW dealers here in Vancouver. But I cannot say for anywhere else of course. I have also owned few other older BMWs so I am fully aware of the cost to maintain a german vehicle versus a Japanese one. However, I have observed in my experience that keeping regular scheduled maintenance, and having generally good driving habits, extends the health of bimmers. I know plenty of friends who skip out of maintenance because of cost, and they race around the streets. Then they go cry about cost of repairs, or pass the burden onto someone else.

 

In the case of iBasso, I believe they pay for shipping both ways, as they have done this for me. I may be wrong, maybe it's only if the error is entirely their fault, and not if the product gets dropped and broken or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


I am afraid you expect too much, normally new BMW warranty covers 2 years provided you do all works at authorised dealer. Sure they would be happy to have you since they make money too while BMW pays. Once out of warranty you will learn what it costs in real money terms and I am afraid you will not like your bill.

As regards gear you know some people live in places where no Ibasso or shops selling them, so the only chance is to bite the bullet and pay postal if you want problem fix. You cannot just drop by the dealer because there is no dealer or shop in my whole area and else in Europe who would kindly take care of my issue.

Same applies to computers, this is why i like Apple because they have service and communication, so i stick with Apples... But Ibasso is neither a car nor a computer and it does not have extensive warranty coverage as i know.

NB: i usually prefer brand new car because when anything happens just throw them you keys and wait thenm call you when done :-)

Good beer and a white Bavarian sausage would help you learn appreciate simple live necessities.
post #3431 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


beer also needs to be Bavarian though biggrin.gif the two times I was in munchen, good Bavarian beer and those white sausages went really well together...

you can bet mate, what a wonderfull pairing, great synergy :-D
post #3432 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


you can bet mate, what a wonderfull pairing, great synergy :-D

audiophile terms but good enough for food I guess...

post #3433 of 3609
GirlsGeneration, OMG what a funky handle :-)

In Austria BMW gives only two years full warranty, more years you must buy. I know competition is high in the States, but never thought BMW dealer would do something similar in Canada, weird. I do not know if you bought brand new Bavarian but i had two brand new cars (not BMW) and have experience with warranty, actually nice have, so now i am not prepared to have a car if out of maker warranty.

Thanks telling about Ibasso, i did not know they handle shipping costs both ways, very nice :-)
Edited by Gintaras - 9/2/13 at 12:34pm
post #3434 of 3609

Lotsa people in Vancouver, HELL OF A lot of demand for BMW/Mercedes/Audi due to well-off Chinese and Persian folks and of course Koreans who don't have jack but want to show off in a good car. I'm Korean, not being racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

GirlsGeneration, OMG what a funky handle :-)

In Austria BMW gives only two years full warranty, more years you must buy. I know competition is high in the States, but never thought BMW dealer would do something similar in Canada, weird. I do not know if you bought brand new Bavarian but i had two brand new cars (not BMW) and have experience with warranty, actually nice have, so now i am not prepared to have a car if out of maker warranty.

Thanks telling about Ibasso, i did not know they handle shipping costs both ways, very nice :-)
post #3435 of 3609
Funny, i always thought a show off car must be minimum Maserati or better :-)

So you say Ibasso is willing cover at no additional cost? cool... inspires confidence in me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .